IGNORED

Aaron Holloway

redpole

Maybe someone else has offered him a one year deal elsewhere......

This would seem more likely perhaps someone else has seen potential in him and he realises that he's unlikely to feature here any time soon unless there is a serious change in our attitude to our younger players. If he goes and makes a success of himself that will be very disappointing for the club.

Judging by Del's interview he thinks Holloway is good enough to make it but he questions his commitment- said something along the lines of "He has to convince me he wants it".

Seems like the people on here questioning his attitude based on his Twitter comments were bang on the money.

This would seem more likely perhaps someone else has seen potential in him and he realises that he's unlikely to feature here any time soon unless there is a serious change in our attitude to our younger players. If he goes and makes a success of himself that will be very disappointing for the club.

We've offered him a contract if he signs for some one else they would have to pay us compensation,

He isn't going to make it at championship level, if he was good enough del would of played him and bath would of kept him on loan

We've offered him a contract if he signs for some one else they would have to pay us compensation,

He isn't going to make it at championship level, if he was good enough del would of played him and bath would of kept him on loan

Isn't it the case that we have to offer an improved contract in order to get compo - which I doubt we did

Sure that used to be the case.....?

Isn't it the case that we have to offer an improved contract in order to get compo - which I doubt we did

Sure that used to be the case.....?

Think you will find you are on the right track with your thining.

To be in a position to receive a fee a club would have to offer a contract of at least the terms. Assume an extension for 3 months only would not fit the bill.

anyone bothered?

typical young footballer now a days, bad attitude and probably all about the money...

I'll be bothered if he goes on to be a good player for someone else, yes.

Couldn't comment on attitude as I've never met him, but I find the money thing strange. Surely anyone in almost any job who has been offered a 3 month deal with no certainty regarding a longer contract and a full time contract elsewhere would be a fool not to take the latter option.

I'd be intrested to know where he's going,

Does he stay and fight for a place work hard or take an easyer option at a lower club?

Wouldn't say it's an easy option! He has 3 months to earn a contract here, could twist an ankle come 1st July and not have a chance to prove his worth. Going to a lower division club, on a guaranteed 1 year contract and fighting for his place is never going to be easy. Another 12 months and he could be released again. All he's got is another years money in the bank

Good luck to the lad, hope he does well

Wouldn't say it's an easy option! He has 3 months to earn a contract here, could twist an ankle come 1st July and not have a chance to prove his worth. Going to a lower division club, on a guaranteed 1 year contract and fighting for his place is never going to be easy. Another 12 months and he could be released again. All he's got is another years money in the bank

the club are not that nasty to injured players look at the supprt we gave mercer, brooker, and money bags when they all had nasty injurys,

if holloway got injured thus being unable to prove himself he would of been given more time

Spot on.

I remember Aaron Brown turning down a contract extension with us after a long term injury and then gradually fading into obscurity. Real waste of talent, though he only seemed to turn it on a few times a year for us.

the club are not that nasty to injured players look at the supprt we gave mercer, brooker, and money bags when they all had nasty injurys,

if holloway got injured thus being unable to prove himself he would of been given more time

Also true - previous point about the injured Aaron Brown being offered new terms as well - but the point about lack of long term job security made by Woodsy is still an important one. No route is going to be easy for him.

Also true - previous point about the injured Aaron Brown being offered new terms as well - but the point about lack of long term job security made by Woodsy is still an important one. No route is going to be easy for him.

I would of like him to work hard and prove that he can make it, he must of not done that through the season as we would of offered him a contract like young Lewis Carey (the keeper) and Joe Edwards

I'll be bothered if he goes on to be a good player for someone else, yes.

Couldn't comment on attitude as I've never met him, but I find the money thing strange. Surely anyone in almost any job who has been offered a 3 month deal with no certainty regarding a longer contract and a full time contract elsewhere would be a fool not to take the latter option.

Well even with some of our more inept managers, I can't think of many if any youngsters we have released who come back to haunt us, the only exception might be Ryan Harley and even he is struggling to become a regular championship player, so I wouldn't worry too much, I suspect he has developed an ego which is about the norm for even young untried, untested players and I suspect that he will get a chance at a new club and then disappear into oblivion which is also the norm.

I would of like him to work hard and prove that he can make it, he must of not done that through the season as we would of offered him a contract like young Lewis Carey (the keeper) and Joe Edwards

In fairness we hardly had much of a choice with young Carey as we currently have one senior goalkeeper at the club and Edwards has made a few appearances for the first team and has been knocking around for a while.

Regardless of what you might have liked him to have done, I just don't understand what's so strange about turning down a short term deal for a longer term one? Especially when neither guarantee anything at the end of it.

Get your point Monkeh, but how much money had we invested in transfer fees and wages on those three.....Holloway's wages are a drop in the ocean compared to those boys. And they were proven, experienced footballers, which Holloway is a long way off being. Easy to get rid of

The lad has no real choice to be fair, get somewhere else, out of your comfort zone ideally, work your arse off and prove Del Boy wrong

Archived