IGNORED

Aaron Holloway

redpole

Get your point Monkeh, but how much money had we invested in transfer fees and wages on those three.....Holloway's wages are a drop in the ocean compared to those boys. And they were proven, experienced footballers, which Holloway is a long way off being. Easy to get rid of

The lad has no real choice to be fair, get somewhere else, out of your comfort zone ideally, work your arse off and prove Del Boy wrong

McInnes gave him the option to work his arse off here?

And the club have a track record of giving youth players who suffer injuries extra time - e.g. Danny Ball?

Blimey the spelling Police force follow you around don't they Monkeh !! :laughcont:

How many "kids" have we got now on our books, can't be many coming through the ranks ?

They do its like he's stalking me I did wonder what the bad smell was in Avonmouth,

We've still got a few, I like the look of George Rigg I think he's got a chance of being a good player, then we got that young lad who got youth team gola of the month Elan Gorden I think he's worth keeping an eye on and Jamie Horgan who played in the Gloucester Cup final scoring 2,

the whole youth team set up needs reforming but theirs not much point until we get our car 1 or 2 status from the FA

McInnes gave him the option to work his arse off here?

And the club have a track record of giving youth players who suffer injuries extra time - e.g. Danny Ball?

He can work his arse off here for 3 months and not get taken on. He can go somewhere else and have a year to prove it, and maybe play with the big boys. It's not that difficult to understand, is it?

Valid point on Ball

He can work his arse off here for 3 months and not get taken on. He can go somewhere else and have a year to prove it, and maybe play with the big boys. It's not that difficult to understand, is it?

Valid point on Ball

That year option may well be there for him in 3 months time but we'll never know,

I do understand why he's done it but he would get more support from me and the club if he was willing to work, he's taken the quick and easy path like vader and fallen to the dark side of the force

That year option may well be there for him in 3 months time but we'll never know,

I do understand why he's done it but he would get more support from me and the club if he was willing to work, he's taken the quick and easy path like vader and fallen to the dark side of the force

Big decision for a young lad though. What would you do in his shoes, he's not a City fan, didn't grow up dreaming of pulling the shirt on etc. Go lower and prove yourself somewhere different seems a good option

I wonder what club he's gone to then?

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest he's gone to Cardiff. No insider knowledge but as someone posted above, he lives in Cardiff so would be easy for him. They have a track record of churning out good youth players (Ledley, Ramsey, Matthews etc) and as much as it pains me to say it, at this moment in time they would be a step up from us. Also if he has aspirations of playing for Wales then playing for a Welsh team may be something he sees as helping his chances.

He could have gone to somewhere like Cheltenham, The Gas or even Newport if he was guaranteed first team football. Will be interesting to see what the truth is.

Edit: just seen the posts about a prem team. No inkling on that one - unless he still means Cardiff if they somehow manage to win the playoffs.. I would hazard a guess at a Stoke or a Villa.

His last tweet certainly suggests a club that are involved in the playoffs, or one that is fighting to stay in the top flight.

I think that most if not all clubs at this level probably churn out more Championship first team players than we do. In fairness we've had the likes of Ribeiro and Wilson though, who I think are more than capable of playing in the Championship, injuries aside.

Valid point on Ball

If he gets an offer of a year somewhere at least at the same level or above I can understand it, I couldn't understand stepping down a level. After all he can always do that later.

It's not Stoke.

Also, stop slating him :laugh:... You're all boring, how do you know about his attitude? Judging his attitude to me indicates you should take a look at your own

Hello aaron, where you going then mate?.

BCAGFC

It's not Stoke.

Also, stop slating him :laugh:... You're all boring, how do you know about his attitude? Judging his attitude to me indicates you should take a look at your own

Almost as boring as you defending him and the other youngsters in every topic that comes up as you're such good mates with them...

It's not Stoke.

We're judging his attitude because he chooses to share his attitude problem with the world. Tough titty.

99% sure it'll be Stoke. Kevin Scott left us to head up their recruitment. His son Kris Scott is there now. George Rigg recently has been on trial up there. Who you know can be a help sometimes...

Over half the things in football are down to this.

Its mainly selfishnes, long contracts, agents and contacts.

Agents and contacts are why Harry Redknapp is apparently a 'good' manager.

Spot on.

I remember Aaron Brown turning down a contract extension with us after a long term injury and then gradually fading into obscurity. Real waste of talent, though he only seemed to turn it on a few times a year for us.

Aaron Brown was a brilliant player and had a very promising career in front of him up until that ex gas Marcus Bignob of QPR crocked him at the gate. That run from just outside our area, beating 4 or 5 gas before crossing for Tony Thorpe to finish in front of the Atyeo was truly a "Christian Roberts" moment.

I remember him coming back with Swindle and was man of the match, ran us ragged.

You're right, such a shame and a waste of undoubted talent.

Archived