IGNORED

The Fans Derby

Big Joe

You mean like playing Mickey Bell, Scott Murray & (tried to play) Tony Thorpe?!!

Well done to all involved, good money raised for charidee!!

Seen the game, best at the gate by a country mile, passion n comimtment and no roll over and die attitude, too all who played i give respect,

Hi all....Gashead in peace!

Just to add my bit. Well done to everyone involved in the game on Saturday from players playing in both teams!

I think I speak on behalf of all involved in thanking Tim Dicks, Chris Blacker and Karl Reese (Rovers manager) who spent months trying to get everything sorted and I can imagine it wasn't the easiest thing to organise! They did a great job and it all ran smoothly! I'm still wondering why Tim got us all out of the changing rooms before kick off...trying some sort of mind games but it didn't work! wink.gif

The game was played in the right spirit through out. Some cracking goals thrown in for good measure too! Everyone on both sides had a good game and all played their part in creating a brilliant match. Karl had Mr Murray in his back pocket all game...I would say he made him look like a Sunday league player but that might be being a bit too kind to Karl! Nice lob over our keeper for City's 4th goal (not sure who that was)

Scott Murray and Alex Russell were at the heart of most of City's attacks in the first half but we did very well to keep them as quiet as possible and to go in at the break at 3-3. The second half was played at a slower pace when them two went off but the football was still good to watch!

The real winner at the end of the day though was the respective charities that the money raised has gone towards! Raising roughly £5,000 is amazing and something I feel all involved should be very proud of! This just shows that fans from both sides of the river can put aside their rivalries and come together to raise money for such a worthwhile cause!

Hopefully with the way this years Bristol Fans Charity Derby has gone and what a success it has proved to be, we can have it again next year at the Mem!

Once again, huge thanks to Tim and Chris on here! Without their hard work in making things happen and organising it all it wouldn't have happened!

Oh and finally, 7-4...that is all! eyewink.gif

Cheers all,

Rich

I'm still wondering why Tim got us all out of the changing rooms before kick off...trying some sort of mind games but it didn't work! wink.gif

It was so I could film the dressing room and all the shirts. I got footage of both empty dressing rooms. No mind games sorry!

Tim has all the footage from me now, and is intending to produce a DVD of the day.

It was so I could film the dressing room and all the shirts. I got footage of both empty dressing rooms. No mind games sorry!

Tim has all the footage from me now, and is intending to produce a DVD of the day.

haha I knew there was some logical reason to it! Cant wait for a DVD! The video of just the goals was great!

Just to add my bit. Well done to everyone involved in the game on Saturday from players playing in both teams!

I think I speak on behalf of all involved in thanking Tim Dicks, Chris Blacker and Karl Reese (Rovers manager) who spent months trying to get everything sorted and I can imagine it wasn't the easiest thing to organise! They did a great job and it all ran smoothly! I'm still wondering why Tim got us all out of the changing rooms before kick off...trying some sort of mind games but it didn't work! wink.gif

The game was played in the right spirit through out. Some cracking goals thrown in for good measure too! Everyone on both sides had a good game and all played their part in creating a brilliant match. Karl had Mr Murray in his back pocket all game...I would say he made him look like a Sunday league player but that might be being a bit too kind to Karl! Nice lob over our keeper for City's 4th goal (not sure who that was)

Scott Murray and Alex Russell were at the heart of most of City's attacks in the first half but we did very well to keep them as quiet as possible and to go in at the break at 3-3. The second half was played at a slower pace when them two went off but the football was still good to watch!

The real winner at the end of the day though was the respective charities that the money raised has gone towards! Raising roughly £5,000 is amazing and something I feel all involved should be very proud of! This just shows that fans from both sides of the river can put aside their rivalries and come together to raise money for such a worthwhile cause!

Hopefully with the way this years Bristol Fans Charity Derby has gone and what a success it has proved to be, we can have it again next year at the Mem!

Once again, huge thanks to Tim and Chris on here! Without their hard work in making things happen and organising it all it wouldn't have happened!

Cheers all,

Rich

Echo what you said its great fans of both clubs can come together like this for a good cause when football gets so much bad press.

As for goals I was scorer of the 4th goal

Cheers all,

Rich

Thanks mate thats a nice post to read.

Cheers all,

Rich

Agree with all the above .. a pleasure to take part

and for those trying to belittle the event by calling out so called non fans... I have only seen 5 games in a year and a half or so ( i have a 18month old and a new born so its not possible at the moment ) so does that make me not enough of a fan?... im sure both teams had a few players who play regular saturday football and considering Alex Russell, Micky Bell and Scott Murray played for about an Hour each i dont think anyone can say a Larkhall or other local county type side playing for the gas is a ringer :laugh:

The fans Derby is about opossite fans getting togther for a competative yet fun day to make some money for charity, and Tim does a top job, i would suggest those that question the players involved get involved more themselves next time and take part or get down and watch...well done to the 300 odd that came saturday lets have more next time and raise even more money.. maybe you could even get a draw next time :gasmask:

You mean like playing Mickey Bell, Scott Murray & (tried to play) Tony Thorpe?!!

Well done to all involved, good money raised for charidee!!

Your lot had the chance to pick some legends - shame you dont have any... :whistle:

Good effort by all concerned, well done all!

Archived