IGNORED

Di Canio

TRL

That comment was in reference to his personality as opposed to his management style.

The drinking incident was one night after Town had won promotion (trust me, if this had happened before then we would all know), Di Canio was in Italy that weekend burying his recently deceased mother. He returned to discover this and went mental at them.

RE: Internal fighting, it happens everywhere. The problem is, you don't know what happened under Johnson because he kept it internal, which is correct (in my opinion). Di Canio tells the world what's happening so we all know.

I know Johnson did great things with you guys, but this is a quote from Grant Smith on Gary Johnson. Suggesting the players see things differently to fans (and other players).

Source: http://stfcreview.bl...rant-smith.html

This quote will no doubt generate reactions such as "he was rubbish", "so what" but I've used it to highlight that internal issues happen at every club.

To succeed in management, you have to be ruthless.

Yeah! But not racist!

Opposition fans come out either saying, 'what a fascist, racist, horrible man' or saying what a breath of fresh air he is for the lower leagues. It's an odd swing.

Wherever he goes next? Good luck! He's high maintenance.

I like the bloke, i especially like his opinion on playing well and losing against playing poorly and Winning. Complete breath of fresh air in his ideas.

be interesting to see the outcome on this, because footie could be losing a very good manager if it goes the wrong way for him.

The first team has had plenty of black players throughout the season. Just because they don't start week in/week out doesn't mean it's down to racism. Ten of those players are Di Canio signings. Of all the players, the question of racism has been raised by Tehoue and nobody else. Leon Clarke for all his faults, did not accuse PDC of racism.

Wes Foderingham - First team player. One of the first names on the team sheet.

Etienne Esajas - Massively injury prone. Was average when fit. Was part of the on-pitch celebrations at Port Vale.

John Bostock - Loan player. Lacked fitness but was brilliant when he got into the squad. He would happily come back,

Nathan Thompson - Young pro, offered new contract by PDC.

Abdul Said - Young pro, spent most of his time injured (they gave him a pro deal to prove himself)

Louie Thompson - Youth player, brother of Nathan, has been involved with the first team this season

Ahmed Abdulla - Loan player, regular in the matchday squad.

Jake Jervis - Loan player, always in the squad.

Cristiano Montano - Loan player, didn't really gel with the side but featured in the matchday squads throughout.

Daniel Boateng - Had a stinker in front of thousands of fans, was shortly recalled by Arsenal due to injury crisis at the Emirates.

Jonathan Tehoue - Only saw him late on against Torquay, held the ball up but didn't look any better to what we already had.

Leon Clarke - The spat was due to attitude and not colour.

Ibrahim Atiku - One of PDC's first signings, didn't break into the side. He left early with no regrets nor ill-feeling towards Di Canio or STFC.

Kevin Amankwaah - Allowed to leave to free up the wage bill early in to PDC's career. Wasn't that good.

Michael Timlin (white player): Fell out with Di Canio after the first game, joined Southend (dispute based on footballing reasons as per Timlin). Little media attention.

Mattia Lanzano (white player): Said he was going to leave in December, changed his mind and annoyed PDC for going back on his word. Little media attention.

Mehdi Kerrouche (white player): Enjoyed a good spell but his fitness levels were clearly shoddy in comparison to the other players. He was shipped out to Oxford on loan where he was rubbish. PDC openly talks of his dissatisfaction regarding his Kerrouche's fitness. Little media attention.

I know for a number of the players hate him. A guy at work knows Mcormak.... this is purely a players disliking the bloke.

McCormack may not like him but they absolutely have professional respect for eachother.

1. McCormack signed for Di Canio in the first place

2. Di Canio's decision to revert McCormack to defence has been a revelation. Earning him the player of the season award.

3. He is he club vice-captain and has captained the club in Paul Caddis' absence.

4. Di Canio gave McCormack the weekend off (a crucial game) after his child was born.

5. McCormack represented the club at the F.A. Cup final when they won the Ronnie Radford Award.

http://www.swindonad..._with_Di_Canio/

Archived