IGNORED

Di Canio

TRL

Facism in the Daily mail....whatever next it must be true then.. I work in Swindon and have Family who support the club including one who actually works there in admin and hes heard nothing...

And now we have so say fans from our own club vilifying him.....thats smacks of utter Hypocracy to me..

I dont suppose for one minute Di canio could give a toss about a bunch of little minded City fans or even if he does get bulleted by Swindon.

His future lies in Italy in Seria A.

Do I detect no little envy at the success he has brought to Swindon this year and the orchestration of a FA cup defeat aginst a superior team two divisions higher.

Many people seem to forget that the average Professional footballer is as thick as Lansdowns wallet and have to be treated as such to get them to respond.

He has the makings fof a very good Manager is an excellent motivator and is tactically sound..sadly something that doesnt apply to the last two or three City Managers.

Very good post.

Facism in the Daily mail....whatever next it must be true then.. I work in Swindon and have Family who support the club including one who actually works there in admin and hes heard nothing...

And now we have so say fans from our own club vilifying him.....thats smacks of utter Hypocracy to me..

I dont suppose for one minute Di canio could give a toss about a bunch of little minded City fans or even if he does get bulleted by Swindon.

Do I detect no little envy at the success he has brought to Swindon this year and the orchestration of a FA cup defeat aginst a superior team two divisions higher.

Many people seem to forget that the average Professional footballer is as thick as Lansdowns wallet and have to be treated as such to get them to respond.

He has the makings fof a very good Manager is an excellent motivator and is tactically sound..sadly something that doesnt apply to the last two or three City Managers.

Seems your family and friends are keeping things from you Dave, even the fa have confirmed it.

YET ANOTHER Topic WHERE LETS ALL HATE WINNERS IF ITS NOT MAN U OR ALEX FERG OR JOSE MOURINHO IT,S NOW DI CANIO ,,,your slaging off a bloke because he's a bully .but last week some one on here said who cares about willim 11 and there was 3 pages of bullying It a be that poor bloke joey bartan nx when all he done was retaliate AGAINST A ARGI PREMADONNA :icecream::violin: :violin: :violin:

My eyes hurt from attempting to read this

Quite a few posters on here were wishing we had Di Canio as manager a few months back! He has done a good job but put it in perspective, they are a big club for Division Four standards with only the mighty Barcelona to stand between them and glory. In multi cultural PC correct Britain Di Canio extreme views were always going to lead to problems sooner or later.

YET ANOTHER Topic WHERE LETS ALL HATE WINNERS IF ITS NOT MAN U OR ALEX FERG OR JOSE MOURINHO IT,S NOW DI CANIO ,,,your slaging off a bloke because he's a bully .but last week some one on here said who cares about willim 11 and there was 3 pages of bullying It a be that poor bloke joey bartan nx when all he done was retaliate AGAINST A ARGI PREMADONNA :icecream::violin: :violin: :violin:

Is wasn't as simple as that.

Much of the anger towards Barton derived from his attitude afterwards. Read his twitter account from Sunday onwards and you will quickly realise he has no contrition or sense of wrongdoing.

No decent person would want him as a mate. He's an awful person.

Even racially abuse them?.

Don't forget this is not the first time this season, that players have accused Dickanio.

Seems your family and friends are keeping things from you Dave, even the fa have confirmed it.

Not so...sorry you misinterpreted my post...the allegations are well known and had been in March but there is absolutely no consideration at ST that Tehoue was RACIALLY abused by Di Canio...

Tehoue was apparently absolutely C**P would not apply himself ( where have we seen this before) and was told so in no uncertain terms by Di Canio and send back to Orient with a flea in his ear and a verbal blessing. He has also had several acrimonious run ins with Russell Slade the O's Manager and has left the club

Like I said sometimes its the only language these footballers understand. As for the ST Players hating Di Canio thats just utter drivel...hes in with the Chairman as I type trying to broker a money deal for next season....

Not so...sorry you misinterpreted my post...the allegations are well known and had been in March but there is absolutely no consideration at ST that Tehoue was RACIALLY abused by Di Canio...

Tehoue was apparently absolutely C**P would not apply himself ( where have we seen this before) and was told so in no uncertain terms by Di Canio and send back to Orient with a flea in his ear and a verbal blessing. He has also had several acrimonious run ins with Russell Slade the O's Manager and has left the club

Like I said sometimes its the only language these footballers understand. As for the ST Players hating Di Canio thats just utter drivel...hes in with the Chairman as I type trying to broker a money deal for next season....

I know for a number of the players hate him. A guy at work knows Mcormak, Another guy I sit next to is the brother of a Ex Swindon player, who knows most of them. and his cousin is/was married to an ex gas manager whos dad is a bit of a legend down at the CG who is also reporting the same thing back. there are no issues with the board though, this is purely a players disliking the bloke.

i personally like the way he goes about his general management, it is a refeshing change from the british Cliched approach to management.

yes the guy he has had words with was rubbish, but if the guys i mention above are not making up BS, then a few players heard what was said, and are willing to to back up said allegations.

Even racially abuse them?.

Don't forget this is not the first time this season, that players have accused Dickanio.

So if I was playing for Dicanio and he called me a useless English **** and I him a Italian Fascist, or told Tehoue to **** off back to France thats racial abuse is it...get a grip man. the worlds gone bloody mad....No worse that the vitriolic exchanges that go on between rival fans in our own insulated city.

I went to the Cardiff v Wham match a couple of weeks ago and the language and innuendo coming from sub teenage Welsh children was ten times worse. Even the Wham fans were chanting England England England! I didnt see coppers entering the crowd to make multiple arrests.

Tehoue has probably taken ill advice from a fervent and unscrupulous lawyer and is looking to make a few quid to bolster his faltering career.

I know for a number of the players hate him. A guy at work knows Mcormak, Another guy I sit next to is the brother of a Ex Swindon player, who knows most of them. and his cousin is/was married to an ex gas manager whos dad is a bit of a legend down at the CG who is also reporting the same thing back. there are no issues with the board though, this is purely a players disliking the bloke.

i personally like the way he goes about his general management, it is a refeshing change from the british Cliched approach to management.

yes the guy he has had words with was rubbish, but if the guys i mention above are not making up BS, then a few players heard what was said, and are willing to to back up said allegations.

The players who played regularly for Dicanio love him..only those that he has seen fit to castegate because they have not applied themselves or are poor players dislike him.

So what if he does rule with a rod of Iron and is disliked??.... he gets rid of them thats what and tells them so in no uncertain terms..

Its just sour grapes thats all.

The Players that whinge in every club and cannot step up to the plate always try and blame someone other than themselves.

The players who played regularly for Dicanio love him..only those that he has seen fit to castegate because they have not applied themselves or are poor players dislike him.

So what if he does rule with a rod of Iron and is disliked??.... he gets rid of them thats what and tells them so in no uncertain terms..

Its just sour grapes thats all.

The Players that whinge in every club and cannot step up to the plate always try and blame someone other than themselves.

I agree, totally. just reporting back what i have heard from an impecible source

Dave the Swindon fan sticking up for Di Canio. What a shocker !!

Whats your point???

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes" your own words are they not ??

Dont try and play silly games with me Im obviously on a much elevated mental plane than you

Im a football fan and first and foremost a City fan..

If Di Canio is found guilty than he deserves to get the book thrown at him..

GJ used to call our lot much worse things in the Changing room ...

Whats your point???

"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes" your own words are they not ??

Dont try and play silly games with me Im obviously on a much elevated mental plane than you

Chill out Fatso. You often come on here criticising City about many aspects of the club , yet I've never seen you say anything bad abouth Swindon (you go quite a bit as well don't you?)

I couldn't give a monkeys what goes on at Swindon , whether or not Di Canio is a fascist or racially abuses his players. I just find it laughable that you jump to the defence of all things Swindon whenever you get the chance yet constantly criticise City.

Whats your point???

Brilliant line Dave, similar to a line of attack from volta the other week just slightly more high brow!

I do agree with the rest of it though

Where did you hear this TRL? Surely they won't sack him!? Not that anyone can condone racism of any kind but as a previous poster mentioned Swindon will probably try and brush it under the carpet?

No place for racism anywhere. If proved to be true then sack him.

Even if its proven he racially abused a player. Really?

If he's guilty of this then yes he should be fired and quite right too but that won't be the final outcome.

The alleged incident was investigated back in March, Jonathan Tehoue is complaining based on comments made when he wasn't in attendance. The bulk of the squad seemingly adore Di Canio but there are a few individuals frozen out of the squad with axes to grind... and let's face it, it's not hard to cook up anything against PDC that would be deemed believable by the masses.

It was a nice story for the Daily Mail to publish online just as he was picking up the LMA League Two Manager of the Year Award and it's a very nice story for Swindon's rivals to refer to. Fair enough.

It's hard to type this without sounding like a blinkered Swindon Town fan (and I've failed) but based on Swindon Town's official statement on this matter (and not a newspaper renowned for bending the truth), I strongly believe The F.A. will find nothing untoward. Our board has the fans respect which is akin to Lansdown's era.

Rich.

If he's guilty of this then yes he should be fired and quite right too but that won't be the final outcome.

The alleged incident was investigated back in March, Jonathan Tehoue is complaining based on comments made when he wasn't in attendance. The bulk of the squad seemingly adore Di Canio but there are a few individuals frozen out of the squad with axes to grind... and let's face it, it's not hard to cook up anything against PDC that would be deemed believable by the masses.

It was a nice story for the Daily Mail to publish online just as he was picking up the LMA League Two Manager of the Year Award and it's a very nice story for Swindon's rivals to refer to. Fair enough.

It's hard to type this without sounding like a blinkered Swindon Town fan (and I've failed) but based on Swindon Town's official statement on this matter (and not a newspaper renowned for bending the truth), I strongly believe The F.A. will find nothing untoward. Our board has the fans respect which is akin to Lansdown's era.

Rich.

of course the same could be said the other way around, the players that adore him may well 'cock a deaf un' to what was said, something was said that much is obvious and if the players with axes to grind are lying then they are playing very dangerous games with their careers, but let's be honest the truth about his spat earlier in the season in another black player never really came out, 2 spats, 2 black players??????

of course the same could be said the other way around, the players that adore him may well 'cock a deaf un' to what was said, something was said that much is obvious and if the players with axes to grind are lying then they are playing very dangerous games with their careers, but let's be honest the truth about his spat earlier in the season in another black player never really came out, 2 spats, 2 black players??????

Di Canio vs. Clarke: Di Canio was massively unprofessional but he was trying to defuse a situation in which Clarke was sulking and going off on one because our fitness coach Claudio Donatelli instructed him that the club were going to do running the next day. That's not hearsay, that's explained at the start of the footage (you know, the one where you only tend to see Di Canio trying to take Clarke into the dressing room).

Clarke was supposed to be our 'marquee' Championship standard forward and spent two weeks moaning about the training methods. Clarke sulked on to the pitch, he regretted joining and helped fast-track his exit. The club could have let him rot in the reserves for a few months but helped him move on. He's now at Charlton, in the reserves having been shipped out on loan to Crawley after leaving us.

Di Canio vs. Tehoue: Already explained above but needless to say he was being shipped out of Orient because he'd fallen out with Russell Slade and his move to Swindon was with a view of making it permanent.

Di Canio vs. Lanzano: What? You've not read about this? Ah well that could be because Lanzano is a white Italian and therefore it's not news when PDC publicly made it clear that he has no future at the club.

These black players are Di Canio signings too. He must be absolutely twisted to bring in black players to bully them. One of our best players, Wes Foderingham, is black and a Di Canio signing. We had a massive squad at one point. I know there's more to racism than that but, of course, what the outsiders read is outright "HE'S GUILTY" headlines, the attitudes of the players are never questioned.

He told the media the other week that Mehdi Kerrouche runs like a 55 year old girl, but that was 'funny' so the media doesn't go crazy. Di Canio wears his heart on his sleeve, it's not always my cup of tea as I would prefer him to keep it internal but he says what he thinks.

The expectation levels that Di Canio has is absolutely sky-high, I've never known a Swindon manager like it. He makes them do stupid long runs every week, he dropped half the team because they went out boozing because they broke his rules. It didn't matter that we had two crucial games coming up (they were celebrating promotion but we still hadn't won the league), he stuck to his rules. The outcome was a fantastic 5-0 championship demolition of Port Vale. A sulking team doesn't react that way.

He's a difficult, difficult man to support but he's doing stuff at Swindon Town which is extraordinary. Yeah, he had a decent budget but he's got to get them playing as a team and he's doing that. Players actually want to join Swindon and that hasn't happened for a long, long time.

***http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BTqI9DrMRo*** - Go to 1m 30secs -

This doesn't make the national media. After a dull 0-0 at Bradford City on the final day.

Rich

Opposition fans come out either saying, 'what a fascist, racist, horrible man' or saying what a breath of fresh air he is for the lower leagues. It's an odd swing.

Wherever he goes next? Good luck! He's high maintenance.

Is he? You wouldn't see the drinking / nightclub fighting culture under PDC that we had a problem with and GJ had to sort out when he joined. Like GJ was he's in charge and the players who think that they're in charge get a rude awakening.

That comment was in reference to his personality as opposed to his management style.

The drinking incident was one night after Town had won promotion (trust me, if this had happened before then we would all know), Di Canio was in Italy that weekend burying his recently deceased mother. He returned to discover this and went mental at them.

RE: Internal fighting, it happens everywhere. The problem is, you don't know what happened under Johnson because he kept it internal, which is correct (in my opinion). Di Canio tells the world what's happening so we all know.

I know Johnson did great things with you guys, but this is a quote from Grant Smith on Gary Johnson. Suggesting the players see things differently to fans (and other players).

Then Gary Johnson came in who was a horrible little character. He was so two faced and arrogant and thought he was the next Mourinho.

Source: http://stfcreview.bl...rant-smith.html

This quote will no doubt generate reactions such as "he was rubbish", "so what" but I've used it to highlight that internal issues happen at every club.

To succeed in management, you have to be ruthless.

Archived