IGNORED

The Cull Of Managers

_Bristol-City_

So, Alex McGleish has gone. The Accrington Stanley manager has departed their club, I believe the Aldershot manager has been fired and one or two others? Sounds strongly like King Kenny has walked from Liverpool and will be confirmed later, TalkSport have said... Di Canio about to get fired? Steve Kean surely will be fired after that video emerged.

How many football league managers will be axed or leave this summer? Looks like it'll be heading well into double figures, remarkable

Dalglish is gonna walk from Liverpool? Where are these rumours coming from? I hope he stays, they've provided me with hours of laughter this season!

i want that **** out of our game.. moody bitter overrated tw*t, saying "it's not been a bad first season" HE SPENT OVER 120 MILLION ON PLAYERS TO FINISH 8TH.. GET OUT

i want that **** out of our game.. moody bitter overrated tw*t, saying "it's not been a bad first season" HE SPENT OVER 120 MILLION ON PLAYERS TO FINISH 8TH.. GET OUT

Won more titles than you.

You don't seem to understand the role of director of football very well.

Won the first trophy in 6 years.

Hit the woodwork more than any other. If all those near misses had gone in Liverpool would have got a champions league place.

Our game. Don't make me laugh, he's done more for the british football than you could ever contemplate. You get out.

Won more titles than you.

You don't seem to understand the role of director of football very well.

Hit the woodwork more than any other. If all those near misses had gone in Liverpool would have got a champions league place.

Our game. Don't make me laugh, he's done more for the british football than you could ever contemplate. You get out.

8th.. spending nearly 120 million on players.. 8th.. fact is he should of been sacked many months ago..roy hogdson was doing a better job than dagleish.. yet he gets sacked..

and ooooooh won the mickey mouse trophy against cardiff.. ON PENALTIES.. and the old excuse "we dominate games" well if "the king" spent well in the transfer market he should of got a player who can finish.

Dalglish is gonna walk from Liverpool? Where are these rumours coming from? I hope he stays, they've provided me with hours of laughter this season!

I think he has turned a lot of people off of Liverpool this season with his bitter and twisted attitude.

8th.. spending nearly 120 million on players.. 8th.. fact is he should of been sacked many months ago..roy hogdson was doing a better job than dagleish.. yet he gets sacked..

and ooooooh won the mickey mouse trophy against cardiff.. ON PENALTIES.. and the old excuse "we dominate games" well if "the king" spent well in the transfer market he should of got a player who can finish.

Liverpool were just outside the relegation zone when Hodgson was sacked, so try again.

Liverpool have played some great football this season missing only the end product. In a team with so many signings that would (by people with a brain cell) be expected.

Again, do you not think it funny that the man who was sacked was Comolli? Who was given a huge role in the americans business model? Engage brain oh aggressive one.

Now, let's wait for the next media hounding and watch sheet little trolls such as yourself climb aboard the bandwagon.

Liverpool were just outside the relegation zone when Hodgson was sacked, so try again.

Liverpool have played some great football this season missing only the end product. In a team with so many signings that would (by people with a brain cell) be expected.

Again, do you not think it funny that the man who was sacked was Comolli? Who was given a huge role in the americans business model? Engage brain oh aggressive one.

Now, let's wait for the next media hounding and watch sheet little trolls such as yourself climb aboard the bandwagon.

agressive?? nope just like everyone else splitting my sides at liverpools demise.. now tell my buddy how much did everton spend this coming season..and how much did liverpool spend??

well if roy was sacked when they were just outside the relegation zone he should of had more time to get them to comfortable mid table, where liverpool are now.

But you won the carling cup.. so thats 120 million pounds on complete dross well spent, eh??

It would be a shame if Dalglish went, I was looking forward to him spending £65m on Zamora and then getting a few more English bargains like Wayne Bridge for just £70m

His absolute refusal to combat Carrol's drinking, and Liverpool's total failure to combat rife racism, combined with their awful performance and hilariously bad transfer activity just make them one of the funniest, most disliked teams around.

agressive?? nope just like everyone else splitting my sides at liverpools demise.. now tell my buddy how much did everton spend this coming season..and how much did liverpool spend??

well if roy was sacked when they were just outside the relegation zone he should of had more time to get them to comfortable mid table, where liverpool are now.

But you won the carling cup.. so thats 120 million pounds on complete dross well spent, eh??

This demise you speak of is almost the fault of two cowboy owners and your hero, Roy.

Kenny didn't try to replace Mascherano with Christian Poulsen. Kenny wasn't the one to play such terrible football that players like Torres wanted to leave.

Roy's the man though. Definitely.

It would be a shame if Dalglish went, I was looking forward to him spending £65m on Zamora and then getting a few more English bargains like Wayne Bridge for just £70m

His absolute refusal to combat Carrol's drinking, and Liverpool's total failure to combat rife racism, combined with their awful performance and hilariously bad transfer activity just make them one of the funniest, most disliked teams around.

Rife racism? Dear god.

Rumour has it the king is weighing up a deal for newcastle defenders james perch and mike williamson for £100m.. bargain.

This demise you speak of is almost the fault of two cowboy owners and your hero, Roy.

Kenny didn't try to replace Mascherano with Christian Poulsen. Kenny wasn't the one to play such terrible football that players like Torres wanted to leave.

Roy's the man though. Definitely.

roy should of had more time.. as sadley i think kenny will.. when he should of gone months ago.

Are you being serious with that Champions League statement? I've watched Liverpool numerous times this season and more often than not they have been woeful. Finished 17 points behind a Champions League place and only 16 above the relegation zone, on the same level of points as Fulham. If all of Wolves' near misses went in they'd probably get a European spot.

CiderArmy is going well over the top, but surely you can't say that this season has been anything other than an abject failure for Liverpool? Comolli perhaps has to carry the can for them overpaying for Downing, Adam, Henderson and Carroll, but the fact of the matter is that for much of the season Liverpool have been wildly inconsistent, tactically naive and completely bereft of any spark; even with the brilliant but hateful Suarez being very good all year

Dalglish was a fantastic player and got the best out of a group of players who were begining to fade in his first spell in charge, but this time round has been disasterous. One of the reasons that so many people have turned on Kenny this and Liverpool this year is because of the bubble in which he, the club and the majority of Liverpool fans exist where they can't see the bigger picture. I agree that Hodgson wouldn't have finished as high as 8th if he'd been retained, but he didn't have 10% of the money Dalglish has had. If Liverpool want to get back challenging for Champions League they will have to get rid of him- there's no room for sentamentality in modern football, as well we should know from the end of the Johnson era

I think he has turned a lot of people off of Liverpool this season with his bitter and twisted attitude.

Me included. It is funny to see the total mess he's making of that club though. I never used to dislike Liverpool particulalry, but since the fans' treatment of Hodgson and the actions of Suarez, the response of the club to Suarez and Dalglish's farcical defending of Suarez, along with his petty, bitter, spiky press conferences, I've certainly changed my mind.

Dalglish has done a rubbish job there, overloaded the squad with overrated dross (Downing, Henderson, Adam, Carroll). What makes it all the more funny is LFC fans still blame Hodgson.

Dalglish is past it, and LFC are nothing more than a midtable outfit living off past glories.

And Jordan, before you bite my head off, remember this is a Bristol City fans' forum and I have no allegiance to any Premier League team. And before you ask, I hate those Man Yoo plastics even more than Kenny's lot.

CiderArmy is going well over the top, but surely you can't say that this season has been anything other than an abject failure for Liverpool? Comolli perhaps has to carry the can for them overpaying for Downing, Adam, Henderson and Carroll, but the fact of the matter is that for much of the season Liverpool have been wildly inconsistent, tactically naive and completely bereft of any spark; even with the brilliant but hateful Suarez being very good all year

Dalglish was a fantastic player and got the best out of a group of players who were begining to fade in his first spell in charge, but this time round has been disasterous. One of the reasons that so many people have turned on Kenny this and Liverpool this year is because of the bubble in which he, the club and the majority of Liverpool fans exist where they can't see the bigger picture. I agree that Hodgson wouldn't have finished as high as 8th if he'd been retained, but he didn't have 10% of the money Dalglish has had. If Liverpool want to get back challenging for Champions League they will have to get rid of him- there's no room for sentamentality in modern football, as well we should know from the end of the Johnson era

how is suarez been good all year? didn't they buy him for his goals? How many has he scored all year? He spends all the time on the pitch rolling around like a clown and clapping his hands like a seal when he thinks theres a mild shout for handball.. oh did i mention he racially abused someone to?

Ok, he scored a great goal against norwich? but what else??

how is suarez been good all year? didn't they buy him for his goals? How many has he scored all year? He spends all the time on the pitch rolling around like a clown and clapping his hands like a seal when he thinks theres a mild shout for handball.. oh did i mention he racially abused someone to?

Ok, he scored a great goal against norwich? but what else??

Kind of thought we were on the same side here, but perhaps you've got some sand in your ladyparts...... Yes, I had heard some rumours that Suarez may have made racist comments (it might have been mentioned on the news once?) and I have noticed that sometimes he likes to roll around on the floor like a dog doing tricks for chews, but if you don't think that he's a clearly a very good player in a poor team, then i'm not convinced you've actually ever watched football. He's spent most of the season playing up front completely isolated but despite this he manages to create space, his first touch is tremendous and he's one of the best dribblers of the ball in the EPL. His finishing isn't perhaps that of a van Persie but its not far behind. Someone can be at utter nobhead AND a good player you know?

I think this season the performances haven't always matched up with the results for Liverpool. They've hit the woodwork 21 times this season :

No.

Player Opponents Woodwork Hit

Stewart Downing Sunderland Crossbar

Martin Kelly Arsenal Post

Andy Carroll Wolves Post

Charlie Adam Everton Crossbar

Dirk Kuyt Everton Post

Martin Skrtel Norwich Crossbar

Luis Suarez Norwich Post

Luis Suarez Norwich Post

Stewart Downing West Brom Post

Andy Carroll Swansea Post

Jordan Henderson Fulham Post

Stewart Downing Fulham Crossbar

Maxi Rodriguez QPR Post

Shaun Wright-Phillips QPR Crossbar

Luis Suarez Aston Villa Crossbar

Luis Suarez Aston Villa Post

Andy Carroll Blackburn Post

Andy Carroll Newcastle Crossbar

Daniel Agger Bolton Crossbar

Luis Suarez Arsenal Post

Dirk Kuyt Arsenal Post

Now, You add 21 goals to the teams tally and it doesn't make such sorry reading. I know of course that hitting the woodwork isn't even a shot on target, but to do so 21 times in a season (up until the arsenal game, I'm not sure if they've done it since?) is surely classed as unlucky?

Dalglish has got the team playing some expansive and attacking football and is missing the end product in the team, it's for that reason that many Liverpool fans think they're not as far as is being made out from being capable of getting back into the top 4.

Hitting the woodwork does not count as a goal, has noone told them that HIT THE BACK OF THE NET !!!! Jeeeesus H Buggery,

Anyhow, Liverpool are scum Liverpool is scum I hope and pray King Kenny stays, just so I can watch him blow another few hundred million on the worst players ever.

Not being funny, and with a straight face and at the age of 38 I can say I would have scored more goals than Carroll, he is the worst player I have ever seen in my life.

King Kenny should not only be sacked, I would take him to court for damages.

Jordan in all honesty I expect most teams have had countless shots hit the post or bar, that's not necessarily unique to any one club

You can't start playing "if that had gone it, it woulda...", you may as well stick to facts and say "If Liverpool weren't a worse team than Everton, then...." or "If Liverpool hadn't wasted hundreds of millions on useless players, then..."

Jordan in all honesty I expect most teams have had countless shots hit the post or bar, that's not necessarily unique to any one club

You can't start playing "if that had gone it, it woulda...", you may as well stick to facts and say "If Liverpool weren't a worse team than Everton, then...." or "If Liverpool hadn't wasted hundreds of millions on useless players, then..."

And lets not forget. If a shot is 6 inches from going in, its equally close to being 12 inches wide.

If its not a goal, its not a goal.

And lets not forget. If a shot is 6 inches from going in, its equally close to being 12 inches wide.

If its not a goal, its not a goal.

That wasn't my point. I thought it was clear enough. To hit the post 21 times in a season is quite miraculous, and shows that Liverpool haven't been as far away from being decent as people are trying to make out. The table doesn't lie, but if you dig a little deeper you can see that the signs are there that with the addition of a goalscorer or a winger who can feed Carroll (who if given the right service is unstoppable.) Liverpool can be a decent force in the league.

Archived