IGNORED

The Cull Of Managers

_Bristol-City_

It's just a shame UEFA gave the 4th champions league spot to the team finishing in 4th and not the team who hit the woodwork the most.

Doesn't the team who hit the woodwork the most qualify for the Europa League?

Oh and also, I've never once claimed Kenny was amazing, merely stated that the season just gone has been better than people are insinuating. Not great, but better. So, as we're calling people out on not backing up stats (nobody seems to mention the full strength [including Savic as he was in the league side at the time]Manchester City side (league champions no less) who they beat over two legs) maybe looking in the mirror first would be better? Eh? ;)

No one called you up on it because, purely by chance, you called it right. Dodging the Chelsea point, again (Good call, Ian).

Discrimination against Liverpool AGAIN :crying:

yes a little unfortunate, it was only 20 goals until about 1.22 today, then someone went and let the cat out of the bag, and the authorities came down on them hard.

• Admin

Note to all.

If you find someone does not share the same opinion as you & your only comeback is to call them a nasty name, I suggest you take a deep breath, count to ten and if you still want to call them a horrible name then just don't reply at all. If you fail to follow this simple advice and happen to accuse that other poster of being a paedophile then you will more than likely find yourself banned.

Note to all.

If you find someone does not share the same opinion as you & your only comeback is to call them a nasty name, I suggest you take a deep breath, count to ten and if you still want to call them a horrible name then just don't reply at all. If you fail to follow this simple advice and happen to accuse that other poster of being a paedophile then you will more than likely find yourself banned.

Note to all.

Would see Master Tansley, likes to give it out, but turns into quite a nasty young chap when it doesn't go his way.

Surprised the word he used isn't caught by the swear filter in all honesty

• Admin

Would see Master Tansley, likes to give it out, but turns into quite a nasty young chap when it doesn't go his way.

Surprised the word he used isn't caught by the swear filter in all honesty

Very few words are to be honest following feedback from you the users, relying instead on personal responsibility. If people abuse this on a regular basis then they too will find themselves banned.

I'm always amused by those who go back and edit out the swears from their posts with a message apologising to the mods & explaining that they thought the swear filter would catch them. Well it puts a smile on my face but then again I am a simple man :)

Dalglish must stay and finish the job he has started, give him a couple of years and they'll be in a relegation battle.

I've said it on here before and I'll say it again now. He took them to 8th place in a 6 team league when they are one of the big 4. That takes some doing.

Kenny Dalglish couldn't find his own arse in the dark, even if he was allowed use both his hands. Not even when he has Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez there to help him.

The fact that Liverpool supporters think they have had a successful season because they drew with a Championship team makes it all the funnier, because as well as the Carling Cup they are now going to have pretend to be interested in the Thursday night league.

Very few words are to be honest following feedback from you the users, relying instead on personal responsibility. If people abuse this on a regular basis then they too will find themselves banned.

I'm always amused by those who go back and edit out the swears from their posts with a message apologising to the mods & explaining that they thought the swear filter would catch them. Well it puts a smile on my face but then again I am a simple man :)

Well I would say you have done a world class bit of modding there, but I can see you haven't done modding on the England forum during a world cup year, so just national class for you I'm afraid Ian ;)

Dalglish must stay and finish the job he has started, give him a couple of years and they'll be in a relegation battle.

I've said it on here before and I'll say it again now. He took them to 8th place in a 6 team league when they are one of the big 4. That takes some doing.

Kenny Dalglish couldn't find his own arse in the dark, even if he was allowed use both his hands. Not even when he has Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez there to help him.

The fact that Liverpool supporters think they have had a successful season because they drew with a Championship team makes it all the funnier, because as well as the Carling Cup they are now going to have pretend to be interested in the Thursday night league.

If you read what I said again, I have said they had a poor league season, but have done well in the cups and won one of only 3 trophies that were available to them, making a final appearance in another.

You may not think winning a trophy is a success but, I'm sure Arsenal fans or Man Utd fans would have wanted to win something instead of best runner up and best runners up assistant. This is what counts at the end of the day, how many 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed trophies are displayed in a players cabinet at home?

Yes, the league cup is the one cup most don't care about, but that is a problem of the FA. The League Cup used to be a decent cup to win, think back to before the Sky league appeared and the Champions League descended into a league where not just the champions play in it.

Liverpool will take what they can at the moment, in a League where they can no longer compete with Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea financially, it will have to do.

I'm not sure Arsenal or Man Utd fans would want that if it meant missing out on Champions League qualification and the trophy was only the league cup. After all, it is league and CL performance by which massive brands tend to be judged.

Can't say i was too impressed when we missed out promotion but won the noddy shield against carlisle, nice day out and that but the season was a failure.

Rife racism? Dear god.

Well yes. Have you forgotten your King Kenny being chief apologist for the proven racist?

Or all the players wearing t-shirts supporting the proven racist?

Whatever happened to that fan who reduced an Oldham (if I recall correctly) player to tears?

Where was John Barnes playing when the crowd used to throw bunches of bananas on the pitch.

So, yes, rife with racism.

I'm not sure Arsenal or Man Utd fans would want that if it meant missing out on Champions League qualification and the trophy was only the league cup. After all, it is league and CL performance by which massive brands tend to be judged.

Can't say i was too impressed when we missed out promotion but won the noddy shield against carlisle, nice day out and that but the season was a failure.

Well like I say, what are they expected to realistically win at the moment? Definatley not going to win the league any time soon, so you are left with the cups which they did well in.

Of course finishing in the top 4 would be classed as success, but again, when you have the backing Chelsea and Man City do, coupled with the income churning in of Arsenal and Man Utd, not everyone will be able to make the top 4 even.

8th is a crap place to finish and I wont dispute that, but, you have to look at this in a realistic way, for Liverpool at this moment in time, winning a cup, even though it's deemed the worst one, and making the final of the FA cup isn't such a bad thing.

Who keeps the hit the post or bar statistics ?

Is it lucky or unlucky to hit them ?

If its unlucky , would it therefore be lucky to miss the bar and have the ball smack a spectator stood behind the net in the face.Suppose it would depend if it was a Leeds supporter or not.

Who keeps the hit the post or bar statistics ?

Is it lucky or unlucky to hit them ?

If its unlucky , would it therefore be lucky to miss the bar and have the ball smack a spectator stood behind the net in the face.Suppose it would depend if it was a Leeds supporter or not.

Also, is hitting the woodwork 21 times in a season really that "unlucky"? Rooney hit the woodwork twice on Sunday alone!

I wonder how many times Tottenham or Chelsea hit the woodwork this season?

In terms of goals, hitting the woodwork and the ball staying out is about as close to scoring as the ball going out for a throw in. Totally irrelevant stat when it comes to how well a team has or hasn't done. A scoring area should always be 24 ft wide and 8 ft high so anything 24' 3" from the far post is a miss!!

Perhaps Liverpool need to check the width of their goals at the training ground!

That Chelsea side contains over £160m worth of players.

No, It doesn't.

Turnbull - Free, Luiz - 20M, Bosingwa 16.5M, Alex - £1, Bertrand £125K, Romeu - £4M, Lampard £11M, Malouda £13M, McEachran - Free, Torres - £50M, Lukaku - 13M.

Pedantry has been rife lately, so I thought I'd add to it.

No, It doesn't.

Turnbull - Free, Luiz - 20M, Bosingwa 16.5M, Alex - £1, Bertrand £125K, Romeu - £4M, Lampard £11M, Malouda £13M, McEachran - Free, Torres - £50M, Lukaku - 13M.

Pedantry has been rife lately, so I thought I'd add to it.

That's still ~£137m to beat, well, Liverpool. So far.

That's still ~£137m to beat, well, Liverpool. So far.

It's more like £127M Actually. :cool2:

Liverpool's team was: Reina - £6M, Enrique - £7M, Coates - £7M, Carragher, Kelly, Rodriguez, Spearing and Bellamy - Free, Henderson - £20M, Lucas - £5M, Carroll - £35M

That's £80M.

Conclusion: Both clubs have wasted a lot of money!

Wonder if Danny Wilson will keep his job if Blades lose to Huddersfield? (He may want to keep a striker on the bench this time!!)

I think his striker may be bench pressing at her madges pleasure

Also, is hitting the woodwork 21 times in a season really that "unlucky"? Rooney hit the woodwork twice on Sunday alone!

I wonder how many times Tottenham or Chelsea hit the woodwork this season?

Having watched the League 2 play-off game tonight, which ended 3-2 to Crewe on aggregate, I was amazed when the Crewe players and fans were celebrating at the final whistle.

After all, Southend hit the post twice in the 2nd half so surely they should be the winners of this particular contest? I don't understand how Crewe are going to Wembley and Southend aren't? Baffled?

Is anyone else aware of this new rule where you don't get given a goal for hitting the post?

I think Dalgeys fate was sealed when he spent, what was it, 30 mil on a lanky forward with dubious qualities for that level. The amount he spent, largely on trash or trouble makers has finally added up to the number 8. 130 less 8 is 122 and we all know if you wear that number on your back you are nowhere near good enough for the first team. Dalgey also handled the Suarez affair very badly and he is clearly a gaffer of a bygone age. Never liked the bloke always respected his record. Cheerio.

Archived