IGNORED

The Cull Of Managers

_Bristol-City_

That wasn't my point. I thought it was clear enough. To hit the post 21 times in a season is quite miraculous, and shows that Liverpool haven't been as far away from being decent as people are trying to make out. The table doesn't lie, but if you dig a little deeper you can see that the signs are there that with the addition of a goalscorer or a winger who can feed Carroll (who if given the right service is unstoppable.) Liverpool can be a decent force in the league.

I haven't seen enough of them to really provide a decent viewpoint. A close mate is a Liverpool fan and he despairs of them at the moment - I've formed the impression that they have been great at times but in equal measure very poor at other times.

That wasn't my point. I thought it was clear enough. To hit the post 21 times in a season is quite miraculous, and shows that Liverpool haven't been as far away from being decent as people are trying to make out. The table doesn't lie, but if you dig a little deeper you can see that the signs are there that with the addition of a goalscorer or a winger who can feed Carroll (who if given the right service is unstoppable.) Liverpool can be a decent force in the league.

andy carroll unstoppable..oh dear lord.

I think this season the performances haven't always matched up with the results for Liverpool. They've hit the woodwork 21 times this season :

Now, You add 21 goals to the teams tally and it doesn't make such sorry reading. I know of course that hitting the woodwork isn't even a shot on target, but to do so 21 times in a season (up until the arsenal game, I'm not sure if they've done it since?) is surely classed as unlucky?

Dalglish has got the team playing some expansive and attacking football and is missing the end product in the team, it's for that reason that many Liverpool fans think they're not as far as is being made out from being capable of getting back into the top 4.

So the 7 games we dropped points in when winning under Gary, which would have seen us in the play-offs rather than 15th, should have kept him in a job? Football is a game of fine margins, Liverpool have been on the wrong side far too many times, it's an unforgiving game. Especially when you've blown so much money on relative dross. That doesn't even cover picking up 18 points in the second half of the season, one more than Steve Kean's barmy army. Your defence is mindless.

carroll may well be almost unplayable at his best, but the trouble is 9 times out of 10 the only time he is unstoppable is on his way to the bar

obivously with a few key additions liverpool could have a shot at another top 8 finish next year, but sadly for them and their fans its far more likely that kenny will spend £45m on craig woodman than make sensible investments

This is exactly why Liverpool are in the mess they're in. Heads in the sand, ignoring the abject performances. What were their total shots compared with other teams? What were their stats relating to shots saved? Hitting the post 21 times in 38 games may be unfortunate in itself, but most stats are irrelevant in isolation. The fact of the matter is that for a club with the collective ego of Liverpool, finishing 8th is a very bad season

You sum it up in your last sentence; add a 'decent winger and a decent goalscorer and Liverpool will be a force in the league'. Add 2 quality players to any of those mid-table teams (L'pool, Fulham, Everton, West Brom...) they'd challenge for the title

carroll may well be almost unplayable at his best, but the trouble is 9 times out of 10 the only time he is unstoppable is on his way to the bar

Now is that the crossbar or the bar round the corner?

Clearly Jordan Tansley is biased when it comes to Liverpool, and most of you are biased the other way. From a neutral perspective, I'd say Liverpool have had a poor season, but their cup runs, and some results against the bigger teams show that they're not too far off being competitive for the top 4. Any other manager almost certainly would have been sacked, but Kenny's done it all before at Liverpool, so it makes some sense to give him a little more time. The over-spending is not defendable, neither are the poor performances from players like Downing, Henderson and Adam, and it is about time someone at the football club realised that Jay Spearing isn't going to make it, and isn't even young any more.

liverpool still haven't replaced xabi alonso.. the day he left the club fell apart.

Surely it fell apart for Liverpool when Tinnion's shot hit the back of the net!

Won more titles than you.

You don't seem to understand the role of director of football very well.

Won the first trophy in 6 years.

Hit the woodwork more than any other. If all those near misses had gone in Liverpool would have got a champions league place.

Our game. Don't make me laugh, he's done more for the british football than you could ever contemplate. You get out.

I love it how Liverpool fans keep banging on about the woodwork stat. You cant go on about that otherwise people will be saying that Man city only won the league because Evra his the post when man u were 4-2 up against everton. A miss is a miss.... Why are you going on about the director of football ??? he was talking about Kenny ?!?! yes... he was talking about Kenny and not slagging off a member of your family was there any need for that aggresion ??

I think this season the performances haven't always matched up with the results for Liverpool. They've hit the woodwork 21 times this season :

No.

Player Opponents Woodwork Hit

Stewart Downing Sunderland Crossbar

Martin Kelly Arsenal Post

Andy Carroll Wolves Post

Charlie Adam Everton Crossbar

Dirk Kuyt Everton Post

Martin Skrtel Norwich Crossbar

Luis Suarez Norwich Post

Luis Suarez Norwich Post

Stewart Downing West Brom Post

Andy Carroll Swansea Post

Jordan Henderson Fulham Post

Stewart Downing Fulham Crossbar

Maxi Rodriguez QPR Post

Shaun Wright-Phillips QPR Crossbar

Luis Suarez Aston Villa Crossbar

Luis Suarez Aston Villa Post

Andy Carroll Blackburn Post

Andy Carroll Newcastle Crossbar

Daniel Agger Bolton Crossbar

Luis Suarez Arsenal Post

Dirk Kuyt Arsenal Post

Now, You add 21 goals to the teams tally and it doesn't make such sorry reading. I know of course that hitting the woodwork isn't even a shot on target, but to do so 21 times in a season (up until the arsenal game, I'm not sure if they've done it since?) is surely classed as unlucky?

Dalglish has got the team playing some expansive and attacking football and is missing the end product in the team, it's for that reason that many Liverpool fans think they're not as far as is being made out from being capable of getting back into the top 4.

Do you know Jordan,

I'm pretty new to this forum. I remember reading posts early on and it seemed you were getting more than your fair share of stick. When I read your comments and articles, they seemed well balanced and well thought out. I enjoyed reading some of them.

But now the stick makes sense. What utter b o l l. o c k s!

Dalgleish has done an ok job this season, he made two cup finals and won the least sought after, but, it's still better than Man Utd or Arsenal did this season. He's building a young team and they will need more than a season to start challenging for top 4. The Liverpool fans wont be calling for his head anytime soon as long as he gets near to winning trophies, which he succesfully did.

As a fan of the club, the only time he irritated me this season was over the Suarez incident, instead of sulking and going overboard standing up to the media, he should have said from the off he will deal with it internally and the club should have made a statement straight away condemning racism, however in the right they thought they were. Other than that, he's not done bad.

Dalgleish has done an ok job this season, he made two cup finals and won the least sought after, but, it's still better than Man Utd or Arsenal did this season. He's building a young team and they will need more than a season to start challenging for top 4. The Liverpool fans wont be calling for his head anytime soon as long as he gets near to winning trophies, which he succesfully did.

As a fan of the club, the only time he irritated me this season was over the Suarez incident, instead of sulking and going overboard standing up to the media, he should have said from the off he will deal with it internally and the club should have made a statement straight away condemning racism, however in the right they thought they were. Other than that, he's not done bad.

Are you honestly telling me that you think that Liverpool had a better season than Arsenal, let alone Man United?

Won 14

Drawn 10

Lost 14

It's alright though, they won the mickey mouse trophy.

It's just a shame UEFA gave the 4th champions league spot to the team finishing in 4th and not the team who hit the woodwork the most.

Dalgleish has done an ok job this season, he made two cup finals and won the least sought after, but, it's still better than Man Utd or Arsenal did this season.

You can't be serious, surely? Do you really think the Utd and Arsenal fans would rather have won either of the cups, over qualifying for the CL?

Are you honestly telling me that you think that Liverpool had a better season than Arsenal, let alone Man United?

Won 14

Drawn 10

Lost 14

It's alright though, they won the mickey mouse trophy.

It's just a shame UEFA gave the 4th champions league spot to the team finishing in 4th and not the team who hit the woodwork the most.

In the League no, I'm saying both of those teams would have loved to have played in both of those finals and both sets of fans and players would have wanted to win a trophy. So in that respect, Liverpool have had more success because they have won something, whether you think it's worthless or not, there are 3 domestic trophies to win each season, Liverpool won the League Cup and reached the final of another.

In the League no, I'm saying both of those teams would have loved to have played in both of those finals and both sets of fans and players would have wanted to win a trophy. So in that respect, Liverpool have had more success because they have won something, whether you think it's worthless or not, there are 3 domestic trophies to win each season, Liverpool won the League Cup and reached the final of another.

Oh come on. I know that Liverpool fans are in love with KD, but these KK tinted glasses are ridiculous.

Dalglish didn't do OK. He did poorly. If all football fans voted, Liverpool would be voted laughing stock of the season ahead of any other team. Yes, they won the Carling Cup, but you can't use that as an excuse that he did OK, surely?

Liverpool finished 4 points behind Everton and only won 6 of 18 games at fortress Anfield. Furthermore he backed a racist when nothing other than chastisement was acceptable.

If this wasn't Kenny Dalglish, he would have been sacked a long while ago.

(I still can't get over the woodwork comments tho!)

No, Arse and Utd have won a place in the CL, far more successful than the domestic cups. Sure, the fans would have liked to win a cup, but to not get in the CL would have caused them great unhappiness.

Oh come on. I know that Liverpool fans are in love with KD, but these KK tinted glasses are ridiculous.

Dalglish didn't do OK. He did poorly. If all football fans voted, Liverpool would be voted laughing stock of the season ahead of any other team. Yes, they won the Carling Cup, but you can't use that as an excuse that he did OK, surely?

Liverpool finished 4 points behind Everton and only won 6 of 18 games at fortress Anfield. Furthermore he backed a racist when nothing other than chastisement was acceptable.

Just saying out of three competitions Liverpool were in at the start of the season, they won one, the League campaign was very poor by their standards but they also reached the FA cup final.

If you judge the season just on League position it was a poor one, but there are other trophies to win and they also got back into Europe as well.

One thing Liverpool fans wont do is turn on KD when the club have been rebuilding and still won something, Liverpool are moving in the right direction, it wont be next season, but the season after that I expect them to finish strongly in the top 4.

I'll have you know they won the carling cup against cardiff on penalties.. have some respect.

No.

Player Opponents Woodwork Hit

Stewart Downing Sunderland Crossbar

Martin Kelly Arsenal Post

Andy Carroll Wolves Post

Charlie Adam Everton Crossbar

Dirk Kuyt Everton Post

Martin Skrtel Norwich Crossbar

Luis Suarez Norwich Post

Luis Suarez Norwich Post

Stewart Downing West Brom Post

Andy Carroll Swansea Post

Jordan Henderson Fulham Post

Stewart Downing Fulham Crossbar

Maxi Rodriguez QPR Post

Shaun Wright-Phillips QPR Crossbar

Luis Suarez Aston Villa Crossbar

Luis Suarez Aston Villa Post

Andy Carroll Blackburn Post

Andy Carroll Newcastle Crossbar

Daniel Agger Bolton Crossbar

Luis Suarez Arsenal Post

Dirk Kuyt Arsenal Post

You need to get out more.

I'll have you know they won the carling cup against cardiff on penalties.. have some respect.

And the end of season the trophy winners are....

Man City League Champions

Chelsea FA Cup Winners

Liverpool League Cup Winners

How they won them has no relevance, all that matters is what you win.

And anyway, Sky Sports News stats show that Liverpool hit the woodwork 33 times, not 21. So just imagine if they had 33 more goals. If you got to pick and choose where the goals went, i strongly suspect that Liverpool would have won every single game.

Better than the Arsenal's Invincibles of 2003/04.

And the end of season the trophy winners are....

Man City League Champions

Chelsea FA Cup Winners

Liverpool League Cup Winners

How they won them has no relevance, all that matters is what you win.

m

man utd community shield.. just as big as winning the carling cup.

Archived