IGNORED

Sean Davis Back Anyone?

Super

I don't see a problem with Sean having a trial here to prove his fitness and see what decision Del will make from their. Thought he was very good in a time when we were struggling very very badly. Like stephen pearson If we could get a well known player who has been very unfortunate with injuries and get him playing first team games again we COULD have a gem. And that's a big 'could'

Ive heard hes basically crocked and will do well to pass a medical. Any club looking at davis will basically have to ignore any medical like newcastle did with demba ba.

On that theory...Sign him up haha!

In all seriousness, he would be a very good player at this level but I cannot see many people taking a risk on someone who is so injury prone with the new financial fair play rules coming in. Sean is going to have to accept a much lower wage as to what he was on

I can't see him coming here not with the injuries he's had, he'll never last.

A good footballer but maybe a victim of his own style.

Shame, but if we are really going to hit the blocks running we've got to have fit midfielders to rely on.

Ive heard hes basically crocked and will do well to pass a medical. Any club looking at davis will basically have to ignore any medical like newcastle did with demba ba.

I did wonder about that after watching him play, there were certain situations where he didn't seem to be able to or was reluctant to turn quickly. As he had just returned from an op it could have been down to that but I wouldn't doubt that it's a long term problem for him.

People always seem to mention the possibility of us signing players on a 'pay as you play' deal... I don't think most people realise how rarely these deals are accepted by players... Imagine your boss says to you, that he's not sure you're what he's looking for, so you can come in, put in the hard work during the week, and then he'll decide each weekend whether you're going to get paid or not. Would you accept it?

It's not as easy as just signing someone on to a pay as you play deal, 99% of players will refuse. I guess there is no harm in offering, and getting knocked back though. Davis will get himself a one-year deal somewhere, there's always clubs willing to take a punt. I personally wouldn't offer him a deal with us if I were in charge.

People always seem to mention the possibility of us signing players on a 'pay as you play' deal... I don't think most people realise how rarely these deals are accepted by players... Imagine your boss says to you, that he's not sure you're what he's looking for, so you can come in, put in the hard work during the week, and then he'll decide each weekend whether you're going to get paid or not. Would you accept it?

It's not as easy as just signing someone on to a pay as you play deal, 99% of players will refuse. I guess there is no harm in offering, and getting knocked back though. Davis will get himself a one-year deal somewhere, there's always clubs willing to take a punt. I personally wouldn't offer him a deal with us if I were in charge.

I think that you will find that 'pay as you play' deals are not quite that black and white. If you don't play, you don't get nothing. As you rightly say, nobody would sign up for that. You still get paid an agreed basic salary. If you play, you get paid more. I believe that was the case when Everton signed Louis Saha from Man Utd. Do you think he would have signed for Everton if he was going to get paid nothing if injured?.

Archived