IGNORED

Olympic Torch

bs3

It's a load of bollocks. I was supposed to run with the torch after running 150 miles in 6 days for charity and raising over 3500 for charity....

4 weeks ago try stripped me of the duty after the Olympic people found out I was arrested at football for saying a rude word to a police man....

Little bit bitter as you can proberbly read from my rant but. The flame is going 8000 miles across the uk with 8000 people carrying it. But each person is only carrying it 300metres... That's less than half a k that each person is running with it. That is a total of 1440 miles being carried. That's 6560 miles that the torch will be carried in the back of a transit van.

Just saying. I will be going out to see it come past though!

It's a load of bollocks. I was supposed to run with the torch after running 150 miles in 6 days for charity and raising over 3500 for charity....

4 weeks ago try stripped me of the duty after the Olympic people found out I was arrested at football for saying a rude word to a police man....

Little bit bitter as you can proberbly read from my rant but. The flame is going 8000 miles across the uk with 8000 people carrying it. But each person is only carrying it 300metres... That's less than half a k that each person is running with it. That is a total of 1440 miles being carried. That's 6560 miles that the torch will be carried in the back of a transit van.

Just saying. I will be going out to see it come past though!

You can see a transit van anytime.

Bet John Terry turns up wearing a track suit to run along side him

Vest, shorts and spikes surely? He's sure to get one hand on the torch as well.

I'm just wondering how many British gold medal ceremonies JT will gatecrash in July.

Gone past our part of the country.

Last minute decision to go down to a packed Shaldon Bridge (Muse did the leg) based on someone saying on the radio it was a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. Then decided to go to the pub (as you do) and one of the runners was there passing around the torch. So held it (got the photo). Quite a special moment but would be surprised if the torch cost more than £20 to produce!

What's with all the French runners though? I think there's enough people in the UK who've done enough for the community to justify running with the torch.

is it just me who really doesnt give a toss about all the hype surrounding the torch?

No......... my additional question would be "Is it just me or does anyone else not give a toss about the whole London 2012 Olympics thing"

To those looking forward to it please enjoy, it's just I'm honestly not bothered or interested.

No......... my additional question would be "Is it just me or does anyone else not give a toss about the whole London 2012 Olympics thing"

To those looking forward to it please enjoy, it's just I'm honestly not bothered or interested.

Criminal waste of money, i would rather watch paint dry

Don't care about the Drogba's of the world. The people carrying the torch in my part of Bristol (Longwell green) have made the effort to help the local communities. All strength to them TBH.

Drogba has as much to do with Swindon as I have to do with never never land, neither of us hav e ever been there! I will never see the Olympic torch again in my lifetime so why not? It's a bit of a problem that the road is shut due to a big fire but I'm sure they will sort it out,

The super soaker is ready!

I'll join you in that. Whole thing is a gross waste of money. On friday the council had people out clearing weeds from the kerb of the route in Nailsea - just to make it look a (tiny) bit tidier for a few minutes. Makes those of us living in the rest of the town feel really valued. There are more important things to spend money on that the O games.

:protest:

same here, total waste of time and money, our kids footy team has to go begging for money to help fix a leaky roof and you get all this prancing around, total waste of time, however there is hope that it will be dropped into the docks or when it goes through southmead it will get knicked and melted down for scrap :)

Gone past our part of the country.

Last minute decision to go down to a packed Shaldon Bridge (Muse did the leg) based on someone saying on the radio it was a 'once in a lifetime opportunity'. Then decided to go to the pub (as you do) and one of the runners was there passing around the torch. So held it (got the photo). Quite a special moment but would be surprised if the torch cost more than £20 to produce!

What's with all the French runners though? I think there's enough people in the UK who've done enough for the community to justify running with the torch.

Read somewhere the torches are £500 each, however the company that makes them are charging each carrier £200 to keep it and therefore making some money back!

• Admin

I might pop down to the Pier on Wednesday and have look

That is not the actual Olympic flame, there is a secondary torch being lit, which is being taken to the pier area in Weston

Are you the guy with a red hat with the feather in?

No, thats Stoney Garnett

Read somewhere the torches are £500 each, however the company that makes them are charging each carrier £200 to keep it and therefore making some money back!

This one on ebay is currently on £130,410 (51 bids), not bad for £500 !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/London-2012-Olympic-Torch-including-Torchbearers-Uniform-/251066309685?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item3a74b7dc35

People going on about Drogba need to read up on his charity work before making hasty and outraged comments

I am certainly not knocking Drogba but it's the London / British olympics and I am sure there are Brits who deserve the honour rather than Didier Drogba and Will-I-am. Local people who do alot for their region or for charities should carry it not some bloke who will be playing in China next year (respect for his charity work BTW) or a fella off the tele.

Just my opinion.

I am certainly not knocking Drogba but it's the London / British olympics and I am sure there are Brits who deserve the honour rather than Didier Drogba and Will-I-am. Local people who do alot for their region or for charities should carry it not some bloke who will be playing in China next year (respect for his charity work BTW) or a fella off the tele.

Just my opinion.

Agree.

Wouldn't be so annoying if bloody William (yes, I know) were to know the name of the town he carried the torch in! He tweeted it as 'Tauton' at least three times, ****.

Can you believe it, in the current climate, cutbacks etc, our local BBC have sent that nob head David Passmore to Kenya to watch their runners train and then present a THREE minuit report!

WTF is going on ? Our Licence fee wasted on a jolly for idiots.

:yes: :yes: :yes:

http://www.swindonad...town/?ref=fbrec

Running in Swindle too. Although I dont care much for all the hype surrounding the torch, why oh why does a bloke from the Ivory Coast get to run with the torch rather than a local athlete?

So Drogba is going to be at my work tomorrow then! They are stopping for lunch at my work too (in Swindon) tomorrow. Spose I'll have a peek at it.

Agree.

Wouldn't be so annoying if bloody William (yes, I know) were to know the name of the town he carried the torch in! He tweeted it as 'Tauton' at least three times, ****.

He also tweeted Taunton a fair bit, its not easy to write a word on your phone when it's not classed as a proper word.

Came through our village (Combe Martin) yesterday lunchtime. I have never seen the village so packed and very enjoyable show it was.

Full marks to the organisors and in particular to Lloyds/TSB team who did a really good job of entertaining the crowds. The kids from the local school had a great time.

Archived