IGNORED

Adomah - Wanted By Swansea?

ben91tucker

£2M+ for Albert is a nice return on a player who cost us less than £1M only a season or so ago - so I'd reject their first offer, take an improved offer, use the money to help towards what we really need: a new keeper, a rock solid centre half, a left back, a creative midfielder and a left mid.

£2M+ for Albert is a nice return on a player who cost us less than £1M only a season or so ago - so I'd reject their first offer, take an improved offer, use the money to help towards what we really need: a new keeper, a rock solid centre half, a left back, a creative midfielder and a left mid.

Cost us supposedly just over a 10th of that 1m mate...2m for him would be a great deal.

I'm more than confident yannick could step up next season

Cost us supposedly just over a 10th of that 1m mate...2m for him would be a great deal.

I'm more than confident yannick could step up next season

Blimey, in which case chapeau to Copout, he got that one right, didn't he? Shame he didn't hang around, perhaps we could use him as a scout? Otherwise we're going to end up with a Tartan dressing room, we'll all have to sing bloody "Flower of Scotland" when the players come out :)

Sky sports news says the gas have turned down a bid for Carayol from a championship club.

A bloke I know reckons it's Barnsley who had the bid turned down?

As for Albert going , I'd hope he'd go for more than £2M.

I'm not bothered what anybody says. Albert has been out of form for a while but I personally believe it's down to that injury he suffered on boxing day and the subsequent lack of confidence he has had since. Albert is very much a confidence player (you can tell when he's lacking it, as he stops making runs forward and drops deep) but free from the restraints of worrying about relegation and with a summer of training alongside Del to look forward to, I firmly believe he will return to his old form next year.

For the reasons above I would be devastated if he left but can see why Swansea would be an attractive proposition for him.

I'm not bothered what anybody says. Albert has been out of form for a while but I personally believe it's down to that injury he suffered on boxing day and the subsequent lack of confidence he has had since. Albert is very much a confidence player (you can tell when he's lacking it, as he stops making runs forward and drops deep) but free from the restraints of worrying about relegation and with a summer of training alongside Del to look forward to, I firmly believe he will return to his old form next year.

For the reasons above I would be devastated if he left but can see why Swansea would be an attractive proposition for him.

I agree with most of that.... but devastated, I fear for you if a loved one dies. Albert is just 1 player in a long list of players

Devastated in footballing terms then ;). He's one of my favourite City players ever, it may be down to my young age but the combination of his footballing ability and his personality really makes him stand out from most footballers in a good way.

Remember his interview on the radio where he stated that he walks around his house, singing the Albert Adomah song to himself. :laugh:

Devastated in footballing terms then ;). He's one of my favourite City players ever, it may be down to my young age but the combination of his footballing ability and his personality really makes him stand out from most footballers in a good way.

Remember his interview on the radio where he stated that he walks around his house, singing the Albert Adomah song to himself. :laugh:

he is a bit of a Character. Just as well he is good a football :) I am not sure there is much going on upstairs, apart from things that are happening right now, just like a lovable dog :)

good player to watch when on form, have a horrible feeling he will end up a bit Junior Bentish, all the approach play and no end product in terms of assists.

As long as teams from the prem are looking at him, then they must see the potential there.

As long as teams from the prem are looking at him, then they must see the potential there.

When the player concerned has been the outstanding performer on the pitch in so many Championship games, over 2 seasons, it's not so much about potential, the PL is the next logical step.

They'll know he was a stand out player again this season on many occasions until he was butchered at Coventry, so they'll know the reason his effectiveness dropped off. Added to his undoubted talent they will have seen he also has the character to continue playing through injury for the sake of his club.

If a PL club shows serious interest the wheels will be in motion and no doubt he will go, however 2m. is nowhere near enough for such an exceptional talent, especially when a first bid is likely to alert other interested parties.

3-5M. + Dobbie (if we want him, he's almost 30 after all) and it would be a very reluctant farewell to Albert.

When the player concerned has been the outstanding performer on the pitch in so many Championship games, over 2 seasons, it's not so much about potential, the PL is the next logical step.

They'll know he was a stand out player again this season on many occasions until he was butchered at Coventry, so they'll know the reason his effectiveness dropped off. Added to his undoubted talent they will have seen he also has the character to continue playing through injury for the sake of his club.

If a PL club shows serious interest the wheels will be in motion and no doubt he will go, however 2m. is nowhere near enough for such an exceptional talent, especially when a first bid is likely to alert other interested parties.

3-5M. + Dobbie (if we want him, he's almost 30 after all) and it would be a very reluctant farewell to Albert.

I think it still is pontential, as time and time again he has the approach play, but no final ball. That will be of concern, and of course he has now Chosen Ghana, so that may put people off, when he was classed as English, I think that may have had more suitors interested

I think it still is pontential, as time and time again he has the approach play, but no final ball. That will be of concern, and of course he has now Chosen Ghana, so that may put people off, when he was classed as English, I think that may have had more suitors interested

Why does playing for Ghana matter, presumably he still has an English Passport so its not as if they are signing a foreign player. The only concern would be the African Cup of Nations.

Why would Dobbie come to us?

We have just scraped relegation, we would be quite far down in his preferred list I would imagine. We are small fry in this division, surely he will be trying to find a club who have a much better chance of getting him back into the Premier League.

Why does playing for Ghana matter, presumably he still has an English Passport so its not as if they are signing a foreign player. The only concern would be the African Cup of Nations.

Yep that was what I was on about.

Why would Dobbie come to us?

We have just scraped relegation, we would be quite far down in his preferred list I would imagine. We are small fry in this division, surely he will be trying to find a club who have a much better chance of getting him back into the Premier League.

What, and failing at that level, AGAIN?

What, and failing at that level, AGAIN?

Footballers egos don't do failure, every footballer that has ever played the game believes he's good enough to play at the highest level. He'll believe he's good enough for the Premier League and wont consider a relegation scrap.

Archived