IGNORED

Adomah - Wanted By Swansea?

ben91tucker

Unfortunately IMO, this would be a good move for Albert. However, for once our best player is under a decent contract and we must not let him go cheaply. £2m is okay as an opening bid but I dont think we should except it unless it almost doubles (possibly with a player as makeweight)

People are saying that we can rebuild the squad with the cash & yes we would, but we are doing that anyway and I'm sure Del has the wheels in motion within the current budget. That budget will hopefully include a fair wedge of the Maynard money. £2mill is not an awful lot more than what we got for a player with just 6 months on his deal. We need to play hardball because the minute we sell him the price of players we've been negotiating with will suddenly rocket.

Keep Albert unless the offer is too good to refuse!

• Admin

If Swansea do bid I'd hope for another couple of teams joining them in the process to push the price up. Southampton & Fulham perhaps?

If that happened I could see the final price pushing £3.5/4m once add-ons are included.

Remember anything over £350k (what we have paid Barnet so far I believe), then 20% of that goes to his former club (and if he doesn't request the move we'll have to pay up his contract).

Unfortunately IMO, this would be a good move for Albert. However, for once our best player is under a decent contract and we must not let him go cheaply. £2m is okay as an opening bid but I dont think we should except it unless it almost doubles (possibly with a player as makeweight)

People are saying that we can rebuild the squad with the cash & yes we would, but we are doing that anyway and I'm sure Del has the wheels in motion within the current budget. That budget will hopefully include a fair wedge of the Maynard money. £2mill is not an awful lot more than what we got for a player with just 6 months on his deal. We need to play hardball because the minute we sell him the price of players we've been negotiating with will suddenly rocket.

Keep Albert unless the offer is too good to refuse!

Agree with pretty much all of that mate. I would like to think we can get more than 2mill from him.

If we only got 2million it's not an awful lot to re build with and were not sure how much of it will be re invested in the team?

However I am not entirely convinced that it would be a good move for him. Swansea have Sinclair, Dyer and Routledge as their wingers and Albert isn't as good as them. I think if he went there he would spend a lot of time on the bench. Although I think their style of play would suit him.

Archived