IGNORED

Eastend Shut For Gas Game

Libertine Dream

It is just the excuse to keep City fans out the Eastend which will in their eyes reduce the chance of any trouble making the whole game easier to Police (inside the ground at least)

Maybe but city have played host to cardiff, leeds, west ham, millwall (to name but a few) without trouble in the east end and this should not be a problem for police unless the gas have turned in to super hoolies over night? like leeds there will be more chance of rovers fans getting tickets in the dolman than getting over the segregation netting in the EE (bs post code) and this is all interesting as news floating about that the segregation in the EE will be narrower next season, then this happens?.

such a proud and big fan that you are going to refuse to get a ST because police are not letting a mix of fans in there.... so you argue that the view is not shit?... if they had put real seats in on re laid concreate it would be better bit plastic bolted on to old terracing means its a shocking view.... and Some Graffiti and some stickers doesnt make that view any better, id rather be able to see the game ... i must be mad

the hardcore of your support as you say goes in the EE ...so normally how many go in there?

Eastend Season Tickets are currently sold out mate. Doesnt always look full as if an away team doesnt bring the full allocation then an extra block is given to home fans, if the away team sells out then the home fans are squashed into the corner.

I can live with not having the east end for this one but I can see the art works being damaged. It would be a travesty if all the work of the Ciderheads and Forza people was nullified as their work has made the East end a great place to be.

The neanderthals from BS7 are gonna wreck it once they see it IMHO.

Maybe but city have played host to cardiff, leeds, west ham, millwall (to name but a few) without trouble in the east end and this should not be a problem for police unless the gas have turned in to super hoolies over night? like leeds there will be more chance of rovers fans getting tickets in the dolman than getting over the segregation netting in the EE (bs post code) and this is all interesting as news floating about that the segregation in the EE will be narrower next season, then this happens?.

Yes fair point but season tickets holders had to be thought of in those games, they could only give Cardiff, Leeds etc a certain amount of tickets. As this is all ticket/pay on the day like a cup game it seems the perfect excuse to make policing the game a whole lot easier.

We also play Cardiff every year, there have been other security measures (bubble trips etc) in place for these games which cuts the enthusiasm for the games massively, as I understand there is not for the blue few.

Well perhaps you should tell the police about the drawings and stickers...

They are sure to change there minds over something that important....

As you are a Gashead I can understand how bemused you are regarding this issue. You haven't played at the same ground for over 100 years (you haven't even been in the football league for 100 years) so whichever ground you play your league games in you probably feel little pride about especially since you

left Bristol. To my knowledge the Gas don't have 'Flag Days', 'Blue and White Nights' or any events that celebrate your identity as a club. Even your anthem has no relevance to the Westcountry apart from the fact it was stolen from another club in the region.

The Artwork in and around the Eastend contains images that are important to us as a club and have

taken time and effort by fans to create. We were forced out of the Eastend in the mid 90's and now, through a lot of negotiation, we have been able to return albeit in only half of the stand. The Eastend is a major part of our culture as a club and we are proud of it. If you still played at Eastville and the exact same situation occurred with the Tote End I would imagine that most of the regulars in that stand would be annoyed.

To be honest with you Pepsi, and I'm not accusing you personally of this, a lot of Gasheads I know display such a huge amount of jealousy towards us (whether they realise it or not) that I'm not surprised

people are concerned about this issue with the artwork. I will have my season ticket in the Eastend regardless of this match however it annoys me that we are being moved to accommodate Rovers fans. I know how petty that sounds, especially as its just for one game, but it's just he way I feel.

I can live with not having the east end for this one but I can see the art works being damaged. It would be a travesty if all the work of the Ciderheads and Forza people was nullified as their work has made the East end a great place to be.

The neanderthals from BS7 are gonna wreck it once they see it IMHO.

Ditto - I've raised this to the club directly:

https://twitter.com/...496010908016640

The club needs to take SERIOUS note of the concerns being raised by fans on here, twitter, facebook and other forums, regarding sectioning off and protecting the corner, becasue if any damage is done it will undoubtably cause escalation and retaliation to something 'front page' worthy of our local rag, resulting in huge PR damage.

It does seem very short sighted on the clubs part.

They allow our own supporters to turn the east end into something totally unique through hard work and no little skill then let our bitterest rivals have the same space and access to uniquely City artworks which (in some cases) are one offs.

If / when the other lot wreck all the hard work, I can't imagine how the CH's of this world will feel. I genunely don't think the club has thought about the repercussions atall.

Can they close off the Dolman side of the EE with potentially 3000 in there? It holds 5500 after all.

It does seem very short sighted on the clubs part.

They allow our own supporters to turn the east end into something totally unique through hard work and no little skill then let our bitterest rivals have the same space and access to uniquely City artworks which (in some cases) are one offs.

If / when the other lot wreck all the hard work, I can't imagine how the CH's of this world will feel. I genunely don't think the club has thought about the repercussions atall.

Can they close off the Dolman side of the EE with potentially 3000 in there? It holds 5500 after all.

How much of this is down to the club though? It seems to me , reading the attached , that the Testimonial organising committe and the police have made all the decisions.

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10327~2790253,00.html

this is nothing about a local derby, lets face it.. their a mid table to lower half division 4 team..hardley mouth watering is it, it's celebrating careys great career he's had at city.

It's a local derby to me,I miss them big time

I've had some of the best times of my life watching derby games.

Oh come on, it's a local derby, the first for 5 years.

I think we're all forgetting that they beat us over 2 legs last time we played.

Whether they bring 3,000 I'm not sure but would imagine it would be close.

After all, it's there cup final !!

If it means something to you then fair enough, but it's a meaningless game, the result of which doesn't matter. If we win, then there's no glory in it - we should. If they win they can brag all they want but they'll still be two division behind us and still be easy to dismiss.

As for it being 'their cup final' - do me a favour - it's a pre-season friendly with slightly more interest than normal.

Personally would prefer that we prepared for the new season properly rather than getting caught up in this 'cup final' crap.

As you are a Gashead I can understand how bemused you are regarding this issue. You haven't played at the same ground for over 100 years (you haven't even been in the football league for 100 years) so whichever ground you play your league games in you probably feel little pride about especially since you

left Bristol. To my knowledge the Gas don't have 'Flag Days', 'Blue and White Nights' or any events that celebrate your identity as a club. Even your anthem has no relevance to the Westcountry apart from the fact it was stolen from another club in the region.

The Artwork in and around the Eastend contains images that are important to us as a club and have

taken time and effort by fans to create. We were forced out of the Eastend in the mid 90's and now, through a lot of negotiation, we have been able to return albeit in only half of the stand. The Eastend is a major part of our culture as a club and we are proud of it. If you still played at Eastville and the exact same situation occurred with the Tote End I would imagine that most of the regulars in that stand would be annoyed.

To be honest with you Pepsi, and I'm not accusing you personally of this, a lot of Gasheads I know display such a huge amount of jealousy towards us (whether they realise it or not) that I'm not surprised

people are concerned about this issue with the artwork. I will have my season ticket in the Eastend regardless of this match however it annoys me that we are being moved to accommodate Rovers fans. I know how petty that sounds, especially as its just for one game, but it's just he way I feel.

I understand the part about the east end, tote end and the history etc etc etc.. But this is "police decision" but more importantly it's not happening to us.. It's happening to you...

I understand the part about the east end, tote end and the history etc etc etc.. But this is "police decision" but more importantly it's not happening to us.. It's happening to you...

It's actually 'police advice' not 'police decision'. I'm sure the police would have advised the same for Leeds, Cardiff, West Ham, Pompey, Birmingham - big clubs with big 'firms/troublemakers' whatever you want to call them. But was there any trouble caused by the Eastend in any of those games? - No. Ironically trouble was in the Williams and Dolman. Unique features and stuff to be proud of is something which I'm not suprised is lost on a Gashead.

If it means something to you then fair enough, but it's a meaningless game, the result of which doesn't matter. If we win, then there's no glory in it - we should. If they win they can brag all they want but they'll still be two division behind us and still be easy to dismiss.

As for it being 'their cup final' - do me a favour - it's a pre-season friendly with slightly more interest than normal.

Personally would prefer that we prepared for the new season properly rather than getting caught up in this 'cup final' crap.

Hook line and sinker!

Puckle_Red are you a joke? to not get a season ticket over such a stupid thing is just well stupid,

They don't always open the eastend for home friendlys a coulpe of seasons ago when we played blackpool it was shut I didn't see you crying about it then, last season when we played west brom there was about 20 people there,

Now this season the police tell us not to house home fans their and your taking it out on the club? what sort of fan are you, we need all the support we get to throw that away over a friendly jesus christ......

From what I see its the police telling us don't put home fans there or it will cost you twice as much and if you don't pay we won't police it,

Nothing to do with the club its not their fault at all so don't punish them you moron

Also, the cost of the policing is sky high - does that mean that the Police can guarantee the artwork or any other part of the East End won't be damaged, and that they'll give a refund to the club if their high presence isn't required after all?

Won't go and won't get a new season ticket if that's the case.

Disgusting decision.

I thought it was to support Carey in his testimonial, not to nurse your right to sit in the EE.

It's not as if it is a league ot cup match, it's a friendly! What difference does it make. It is about supporting Carey, that is it!

"Prowed" to be Gasheads will struggle to bring 1000 fans. F block of the Williams could be used as segregation, the inevitable paltry away following housed in a couple of blocks and then police could have more segregation than for a match v Cardiff, Leeds, Millwall and West Ham. City support then keeps its normal area in the stand.

Apart from the last line this is spot on...so much gone into this to make it what it is...to let the Gas onto our territory even for one friendly is unthinkable. I hope they only sell 2000 and they corner out section off to stop them going in there even if we cant sit there!

So what happened there in the late 90's and 2000's When they bought thousands into the EE? The back has already been Broken mate, time to get over the fact Rover are in our territory.. Unthinkable?!! it's alread happened numerous times, time to get over it.

It seems to me that you are all missing the point of the game....A TESTIMONIAL FOR LOUIS.....he had 3 teams in mind...he got the third choice.....could not secure first two but got the 3rd which happens to be the Gash.....

The game means nothing at all except to raise CASH for LC.........in fact it would not surprise me if we see several "celeb" style appearances by ex players / friends etc as per usual with a testy

The poilce have already doubled the costs of a normal league game to police it (& believe they have good reasons) so it makes perfect economic sense to dedicate the EE to the Gash fans because in the first palce it wont be any way near filled (lucky to see 200 I reckon) and secondly it is the easiest to keep fans in a centre block with no one around them.....which btw also means they wont get anywhere near the artwork in the corner

Get over it move on and use the game for what it is supposed to be...

A CELEBRATION AND THANK YOU TO A GREAT SERVER OF OUR CLUB

I think this is being hugely blown out of proportion by some on here. End of the day, this is a friendly, a testimonial for that matter. This isn't a league or cup game. I agree with people concerned about protecting the artwork that the Eastend boys and girls worked so hard on and the club should certainly take note.

What I think people have failed to realise though is how much the club has had to do with this, the club itself probably has gone with what they've been instructed/advised on by the Testimonial committee and the police. You also have to think, with league/cup games etc, the police just get on with it because its part of the regular season etc. I imagine when this fixture was discussed, as it's a friendly, the police probably wern't too happy about having to deal with it, so I wasn't shocked to hear the Eastend was away fans only.

It's one game at the end of the day, yes, its the spiritual home end and everything and I get that, but as long as there is protection for the areas that have been developed by the fans, I can see no real issue.

Just a damn stupid decision to have Rovers as the opponents.

There's always the possibility of trouble against the gas and more likelihood of injuries too.

Rovers fans will not be coming to show their appreciation for Carey, they'll be taking the game seriously.

Dreadful decision by the organising committee - they could surely have got attractive opponents, a good crowd full of CITY fans united behind Carey, with no possibility of trouble, and no irksome restrictions in the EE.

Instead we have this, a troublesome game, fans upset, and Carey himself is in danger of becoming a sideshow.

Just a damn stupid decision to have Rovers as the opponents.

There's always the possibility of trouble against the gas and more likelihood of injuries too.

Rovers fans will not be coming to show their appreciation for Carey, they'll be taking the game seriously.

Dreadful decision by the organising committee - they could surely have got attractive opponents, a good crowd full of CITY fans united behind Carey, with no possibility of trouble, and no irksome restrictions in the EE.

Instead we have this, a troublesome game, fans upset, and Carey himself is in danger of becoming a sideshow.

I think that pretty much sums it up for me.

if they could have got Liverpool (not saying they could) I think that would have been a nicer touch for Louis, who is a Liverpool supporter.

years of not playing the Gas is going to get neandethals from both sides throthing at the mouth!

Archived