IGNORED

Eastend Shut For Gas Game

Libertine Dream

Just a damn stupid decision to have Rovers as the opponents.

There's always the possibility of trouble against the gas and more likelihood of injuries too.

Rovers fans will not be coming to show their appreciation for Carey, they'll be taking the game seriously.

Dreadful decision by the organising committee - they could surely have got attractive opponents, a good crowd full of CITY fans united behind Carey, with no possibility of trouble, and no irksome restrictions in the EE.

Instead we have this, a troublesome game, fans upset, and Carey himself is in danger of becoming a sideshow.

His choice .....

In His interview on radio Brizz he said Gasm were the only available of his chosen three oponents

It seems to me that you are all missing the point of the game....A TESTIMONIAL FOR LOUIS.....he had 3 teams in mind...he got the third choice.....could not secure first two but got the 3rd which happens to be the Gash.....

The game means nothing at all except to raise CASH for LC.........in fact it would not surprise me if we see several "celeb" style appearances by ex players / friends etc as per usual with a testy

The poilce have already doubled the costs of a normal league game to police it (& believe they have good reasons) so it makes perfect economic sense to dedicate the EE to the Gash fans because in the first palce it wont be any way near filled (lucky to see 200 I reckon) and secondly it is the easiest to keep fans in a centre block with no one around them.....which btw also means they wont get anywhere near the artwork in the corner

Get over it move on and use the game for what it is supposed to be...

A CELEBRATION AND THANK YOU TO A GREAT SERVER OF OUR CLUB

Not sure but I think it has already been stated this will not be the case?

His choice .....

In His interview on radio Brizz he said Gasm were the only available of his chosen three oponents

Carey wanted to ether play rovers liverpool I'm not sure who the other club was, But liverpool couldn't do it due to quilfying for the UEFA Cup

Oh yeah we moved ground 3 times in the last 100 years so we dont have any history or feelings for the club...!

What are you gonna do IF ashton Vale gets built ... refuse to go cus the EE wont be there and there wont but any pics on the wall... get over it its 1 game ...

And Gasheads have equally shed blood , sweat and Tears over the years especially at Twerton .. Credit to the fans for Trying to improve atmosphere down your place , good on you but its 1 game ... gasheads wont be allowed near your pictures im sure

This game is about a chance for your fans to say cheers to Carey not gripe about an hour or so stood on some plastic seat witha rubbish view whilst being outsung by the gasheads next to you :gasmask::whistle:

If it was a league game id understand it a bit more but its a friendly ... whats the average gate for friendlys ... a few thousand... a lot of who ha for a club that you guys dont care about anymore

Puckle_Red are you a joke? to not get a season ticket over such a stupid thing is just well stupid,

They don't always open the eastend for home friendlys a coulpe of seasons ago when we played blackpool it was shut I didn't see you crying about it then, last season when we played west brom there was about 20 people there

It wasn't shut for the Blackpool game quite a few people we're in there

Oh yeah we moved ground 3 times in the last 100 years so we dont have any history or feelings for the club...!

What are you gonna do IF ashton Vale gets built ... refuse to go cus the EE wont be there and there wont but any pics on the wall... get over it its 1 game ...

And Gasheads have equally shed blood , sweat and Tears over the years especially at Twerton .. Credit to the fans for Trying to improve atmosphere down your place , good on you but its 1 game ... gasheads wont be allowed near your pictures im sure

This game is about a chance for your fans to say cheers to Carey not gripe about an hour or so stood on some plastic seat witha rubbish view whilst being outsung by the gasheads next to you :gasmask::whistle:

If it was a league game id understand it a bit more but its a friendly ... whats the average gate for friendlys ... a few thousand... a lot of who ha for a club that you guys dont care about anymore

Move the eastend brick by brick of course....silly gashead

Personally think the Rovers fans will go out their way to damage all the wonderful artwork that has been done in the East End over the past few years.

I dont like the decision but can understand why it has been done.

I also think by doing this the old bill have "stoked up the fire" a tad more than it would have been

:worship2: fair play monkeh maybe we can start the move for you...

Serious question NC. How many of you do you think will come to this game ?

I know if it was a testimonial for a Rovers player at the Mem , there's no way I'd go.

Nailseacookie - On your site the excuses for not coming are being wheeled out left right and centre. The lastest being £15 is too much, to watch your team in a local derby!! All they have rattled on about for the last couple of years is wanting to play us, now you get your chance nobody wants to go?

Personally would go to watch City anywhere, including your place. £15 does not seem a big deal at all.

One chappy on your site has said he not going as it is a friendly and does not matter (Ha) He stated "You're only as good as your last competitive game" What was yours now?? Oh yeah, a 4-0 defeat to Dagenham & Redbridge!! Love it. :yahoo::laughcont:

Personally think the Rovers fans will go out their way to damage all the wonderful artwork that has been done in the East End over the past few years.

But how will they get past all the bamboo pits and snipers on top of the East End?

In all seriousness they can do what they want to that 'Inksy' stuff on the car park wall, but if they touch the East End stuff further along then fingers will be broken.

Complete overreaction, whatever next? EE shut vs Millwall, Leeds, Cardiff etc etc etc. Ridiculous decision, will kill the atmosphere dead IMO

Another fat pay day for Avon and Somersets robo cops with there overtime rates sky high. And a few gins going down well in the lodge afterwards laughing at how well there now fleeceing football clubs. Its now got to the stage where the police are running football and no one else.

Carey wanted to ether play rovers liverpool I'm not sure who the other club was, But liverpool couldn't do it due to quilfying for the UEFA Cup

It shouldn't have been Carey's choice if it included the gas.

Let's face it Liverpool have probably barely even heard of him - is it really likely they are going to send a team out for every player who has a soft spot for them?

The fact is it shouldn't matter who we were playing - as long as it wasn't the gas/Cardiff/Millwall - the match is meant to be a chance for BCFC fans to pay a small amount to show their appreciation for LC's service to the club, NOT to attempt to boost the attendance with away fans who despise our club and have no positive sentiment for Carey whatsoever.

I repeat, bloody awful choice of opponents WHOEVER made it.

You have no idea. We have artwork, paintwork, stickers, blood, sweat and tears in that end. You think they will still be in tact after that game? Also it's our end, nobody elses, our territory. It means more than the team to a lot of people. Above all it's principle, the club showing they refuse to acknowledge how important the hardcore of our support is. A Gashead wouldn't understand because they don't have a home, they don't have anything to be proud of, they don't have fans working hard spending time and money to improve the visual and noice in their stadium.

Enough is enough, if this isn't reversed that's it for me, 9 consecutive seasons of being a season ticket holder won't extend to 10.

Livid.

+2

****ing stupid! If we can't go in the eastend lets bring the eastend to Williams block F! And then we will try and make some noise! COYR

Yep thats where we'll be going,or maybe g block dolman.

Yeah we really do need to arrange an area where all the people who want to be noisy can outsing the Rovers.

So thats it then F williams or G dolman,a full F block might be quite good,it always was years ago.

As you are a Gashead I can understand how bemused you are regarding this issue. You haven't played at the same ground for over 100 years (you haven't even been in the football league for 100 years) so whichever ground you play your league games in you probably feel little pride about especially since you

left Bristol. To my knowledge the Gas don't have 'Flag Days', 'Blue and White Nights' or any events that celebrate your identity as a club. Even your anthem has no relevance to the Westcountry apart from the fact it was stolen from another club in the region.

And yet your lot sing about 'always believe' or somet tripe, which couldnt be further from the truth. No belief in the playoffs, talk of supporting Millen didnt last long, and quite a few on here were planning life in league one and saying you were already down when you werent even in the bottom 3 last season.

As for those saying we wont sellout.. probably not. I would definately go if it was a competitive game, for now a friendly to honour one of your lot isnt really interesting me much.

And yet your lot sing about 'always believe' or somet tripe, which couldnt be further from the truth. No belief in the playoffs, talk of supporting Millen didnt last long, and quite a few on here were planning life in league one and saying you were already down when you werent even in the bottom 3 last season.

Ouch! You little bitch. Ted Sheed's post obviously really hit a nerve with you there? To be fair, he's spot on. Sags I know are very jealous of our supporters 'movements'. All your fans have organised over the years is 'let's all dress up as pirates' and try and break a world record! Sounds like something a primary school would try! Utter embarrassment.

I shouldn't really bite, but backing managers? Your lot are the same as us I'm afraid hombre, just as fickle, just as impatient. Going back to Holloway, 'Trolls', Buckle and the rest have all received stick from your fans at some point.

As for those saying we wont sellout.. probably not. I would definately go if it was a competitive game, for now a friendly to honour one of your lot isnt really interesting me much.

You won't be missed.

guess it's the opposite from you lot then.. calling yourself the barcelona of the 4th tier.. saying you'll walk the league.. paul buckle is the "next guardiola".. Yet you ran him of your club without giving him any time at all except getting on his back? Hypocrite.

guess it's the opposite from you lot then.. calling yourself the barcelona of the 4th tier.. saying you'll walk the league.. paul buckle is the "next guardiola".. Yet you ran him of your club without giving him any time at all except getting on his back? Hypocrite.

You have no idea whether I supported Buckle or not and thus you have no idea whether I'm a hypocrite. Neither did I say our fans were angels, just pointed out the irony of some of your lot having a pop, so whose the hypocrite?

You get wild predictions from fans of any club, most predicted we would finish top 3 but only a few mentioned walking it. Promotion hardly seemed unrealistic given Buckles previous success and the budget he was allowed. I guess calling Bristolians 'c****s' might turn a few fans against him, would you say thats unreasonable?

You have no idea whether I supported Buckle or not and thus you have no idea whether I'm a hypocrite. Neither did I say our fans were angels, just pointed out the irony of some of your lot having a pop, so whose the hypocrite?

You get wild predictions from fans of any club, most predicted we would finish top 3 but only a few mentioned walking it. Promotion hardly seemed unrealistic given Buckles previous success and the budget he was allowed. I guess calling Bristolians 'c****s' might turn a few fans against him, would you say thats unreasonable?

Foxtrot Oscar back to your caravan, and wipe your chin, your dribbling

Archived