IGNORED

Rip Cardiff City

I don't know what will happen to be honest, all I can go on is the investment plans the club have put out. For me it isn't about the Premier League or any real success but about the club that all my family have supported surviving for the foreseeable future so that I can one day take my own kids down. We have been playing Russian roulette for a while now, no way would we survive if things stayed as they were.

As I say for me personally the change from Ninian park was bigger, the colour can always change back, the badge for any club will always change but I will never get to stand on the terraces at the old girl again.

Good points well made, however history and identity are very important as well and should not be given up in pursuit of the Premier League dream, to a) emulate your near neighbours and b) almost certainly eventually take you right back to square one financially.

How long before they want to change the name to Cardiff Malay Dragons, then C. Malay Dragons then just Malay Dragons?

I don't believe you can change the name in this country after the MK Don's. Can't remember where I saw it but did read something.

I know this has probably been said before on this subject so apologies beforehand,

But.... If the boot was on the other foot what would we do..feel..say ? Just supposing SL shipped out for whatever reason,

we would be in deeper dog doo's than you'll find on the village green,

What if we were offered a substantial amount of

cash to secure our immediate future from some johny foriegner, and in return forsake our traditional club colours, badge etc ?

I for one must honestly say i wouldnt be happy with the arrangement but if it meant my clubs survival then so be it

Cardiff come under FAW, Conwy come under FAW - Conwy have just applied to FAW to change their name:

http://www.pitchero....nge-575417.html

I think as of last season we are mainly now under the FA, a FAW member is present when dealing with Welsh clubs but we answer to the FA. Think it was after the differences with third party deals between the FA and FAW laws.

I know this has probably been said before on this subject so apologies beforehand,

But.... If the boot was on the other foot what would we do..feel..say ? Just supposing SL shipped out for whatever reason,

we would be in deeper dog doo's than you'll find on the village green,

What if we were offered a substantial amount of

cash to secure our immediate future from some johny foriegner, and in return forsake our traditional club colours, badge etc ?

I for one must honestly say i wouldnt be happy with the arrangement but if it meant my clubs survival then so be it

When the owner changes a clubs traditions like my Mrs changes her shoes whose club is it? What is surviving?

if the malaysians end up leaving then they can just go back to blue, somehow i can't see cardiff being that marketable in malaysia and in the end they may end up getting 100m for nothing. however it would probably amuse me more to see them turn into a massive club in malaysia as their welsh fans are continually disregarded by their owners. goes to show that we are businesses first these days ourselves included, the german model is the way forward imo.

Red kit, new badge, rebranded as the Dragons!

Very sad, or pretty funny, or a little bit of both?

That's the soul ripped out of the Cardiff 'bluebirds'. A first team shirt colour change and a badge change. They've sold their soul to the Malasyian devils for £100 million. Sad for the bluebird tradition of CCFC but red is the shirt colour of their national Welsh football and rugby teams.

It does seem odd that their away kit will be blue. Are the owners basically saying blue is not unlucky away from home?. Also the one song they sing will now be dragons, dragons dragoons.

I wonder what the Welsh FA will think of one of their club sides almost having the same emblem and shirt colour as the Welsh national side ?????!!!!!

Yep, there is a big split. I think most surveys indicated that around 80% were in favour IF it meant the investment, stadium improvements etc etc.

I guarantee that the 20% opposed will fall to around 10% (disproportionately the more vocal fans) but that is still some 2,000-2,500 match going fans.

I think some kind of 'AFC Cardiff' is inevitable. The tricky bit is that the would likely legally need to be in the Welsh league, which is in opposition to the history of Cardiff City (we fought the Welsh league in the 1990s)

Personally, as a pragmatist, I'll support the changes if it gets us into the premier league, but on principle, I'll also support a breakaway club..which would be fun..A nice little St Pauli style club in Cardiff would be cool.

Aside from anything else, I know we are all rivals and all, but no fans really want to turn red, it's only the economic benefits that are influencing it.

As a general rule I think this change is wrong.

Don't believe that the Premiershit is the holy land that BBC and Sky make it out to be.

You seem to be against this move but accepting it as the price to pay to get to the promised land. What, I wonder, would you find unacceptable?

I'm like you in that I don't really care about the club colours (we played in blue in our recent FA Cup final for example). My line would be blue-and-white quarters on that front. I don't particularly have any fondness for "Robins". Our emblem could be a dragon. I don't really care. I think the two things that would be unacceptable to me would be a renamed club such as "Bristol Unicorns" and moving the stadium out of Bristol. Just imagine if we re-located over the bridge for tax purposes. :w00t:

and i thought this was a forum for discusion, debate , analysis ,

and like minded humor, over and above the call of duty,....without racism, welshism, and kincardiffism, oh how wrong i was x

You thought wrong :)

What is like minded humor anyway?

Archived