IGNORED

Rip Cardiff City

I will watch Cardiff City next year. This is change. Change is weird and scary but if you don't move with change you get left behind. Personally, I hate the idea of the Blue kit. I also hate it when my wife drinks too much or claims to have a headache when I know she feels fine..It doesn't mean I'm divorcing her.What is happening is wrong. It's not what football is about. However, what if someone said to you in the 1980's you'd be in an all-seater non smoking stadium paying £25 to watch Championship football? Football fundementally is screwed up. Changing a colour is wrong, but what should I do about it?! My loyalty is to Cardiff City, not the colour blue.As it happens, I would also follow a breakaway club as well, not least because it would probably be at a nice little ground with a bar and a terrace with good lads and a good atmosphere. If they joined the Welsh league, even with crowds of 500 they would become one of the biggest clubs in the league, and could reach the Welsh Premier League, and who knows...Europe!What price Cardiff City v FC City of Cardiff in the Champions League qualifiers in 2020?We shall see what happens, but I for one am dissapointed but also excited.BLUEEEEEBIRDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

This.

Change his references of 'Blue' to 'Red' and the word 'Cardiff' to 'Bristol' and this is exactly how I feel.

We gloat because it's rivalry and banter but we all know he is talking the truth, something awful is happening to your team but ( up to a point) you turn a blind eye because you feel powerless and, after all, it's YOUR team.

I have never liked the fact that Cardiff played in the English league but were not accountable to the English FA but what is being done to their club is awful and I, for one, feel for their fans, their team is being sold out from underneath them and you just have to think, 'what if it happened here?'

This.

Change his references of 'Blue' to 'Red' and the word 'Cardiff' to 'Bristol' and this is exactly how I feel.

We gloat because it's rivalry and banter but we all know he is talking the truth, something awful is happening to your team but ( up to a point) you turn a blind eye because you feel powerless and, after all, it's YOUR team.

I have never liked the fact that Cardiff played in the English league but were not accountable to the English FA but what is being done to their club is awful and I, for one, feel for their fans, their team is being sold out from underneath them and you just have to think, 'what if it happened here?'

"This" this what? What do you mean by just writing 'this' ??

'This' is another welsh whinger? 'This' comment from the taff is the sort of spineless spirit that led to the end of the welsh language and Wales as a nation?

Cardiff fans are scum. I hope noah and his whale comes and swallows them up and then shits them out in Dublin or somewhere.

Hmm, horrible really. Football these days is just another product of wet-dreaming marketing people and consultants. Is nothing sacred any more? Is everything fair game for re-branding, selling and promoting? why not re-brand God? How about YBF (Your Big Friend)? Sales of bibles could rocket. I wish all these business people with their sycophantic cronies would just eff off and leave us to our game.

The modern game sickens me in so many ways.

'This' is another welsh whinger? 'This' comment from the taff is the sort of spineless spirit that led to the end of the welsh language and Wales as a nation?

Cardiff fans are scum. I hope noah and his whale comes and swallows them up and then shits them out in Dublin or somewhere.

I wouldn't go that far but, lie down with dogs and you catch fleas.

Fantastic, another case of a poster being abused. Now I get stick for writing one word. It has become the convention on here to write the word 'This' to show you agree with something, it has also, regrettably, become the custom to mindlessly attack other posters rather than give a reasoned response to their opinions. My post clearly ( to anyone who read it properly) was written from MY perspective of how I would feel if this happened to MY team. I don't think it really deserved an attack, particularly one so mindlessly hate filled. By the way, just because the Welsh are British, it doesn't mean that almost everything you typed WASN'T racist.

I assume, since you so vehemently to my post that it wouldn't bother you if this happened to Bristol City? Then again, because I suspect you didn't read my post properly, you probably allowed your hatred to obscure the fact that that was what I was talking about anyway.

Elsewhere here is a very reasoned thread about Avram Grant and the horrors of the holocaust, an interesting alternative to this view which wishes mass extermination on the entire Welsh population.

I despair, I really do.

It strikes me that football fans are some of the most pathetic people out there, crap like well I'll bend over and take whatever crap the shove my way because the alternative is no club.

Well if your husband or wife was being nobbed openly in front of you, I'm sure you would want to do something about that wouldn't you?

It wouldn't be, oh yeah well that Malaysian fellah did say for doing this to me he was going to help fix my shed roof, fair enough I spose that he treats me this poorly, after all I have only been with the missus 40 years.

What a pathetic bunch of losers they are, grow some bollocks and demand they stop this or you'll walk away and find something else to play with, bunch of money whores.

It strikes me that football fans are some of the most pathetic people out there, crap like well I'll bend over and take whatever crap the shove my way because the alternative is no club.

Well if your husband or wife was being nobbed openly in front of you, I'm sure you would want to do something about that wouldn't you?

It wouldn't be, oh yeah well that Malaysian fellah did say for doing this to me he was going to help fix my shed roof, fair enough I spose that he treats me this poorly, after all I have only been with the missus 40 years.

What a pathetic bunch of losers they are, grow some bollocks and demand they stop this or you'll walk away and find something else to play with, bunch of money whores.

If my missus was being 'nobbed' by another girl wearing some equipment i'd be stupid not to join in. :whistle:

Fine words Screech but if some dodgy foreigner bought Steve L out and tried this on what would/could we do?

The obvious options are;

A) Lie back and take it or

B) Boycott and don't go again or give them any of your money.

If you go for A) then your criticisms are all valid

If you go for B you lose your club.

The third way (FC United/Newton Heath) is noble and is, eventually, working or Wimbledon but it is Hobson's choice isn't it?

The attack on the Cardiff fans on here by some ( not you Screech) overlooks the fact that, if this happened here, what would WE do?

I, for one, am not sure I know but my instincts tell me that, after 30 years of living up here, City are STILL my team and not Liverpool. Makes me think that I am incapable of changing teams now, even if my team was stolen from me.

Archived