IGNORED

Bored,bored,bored Of Hearing About Ferdinand

biggythecity

Sorry i know there are similar threads but....Is anyone else as bored as i am about hearing that Ferdinand should be in the England squad.Every time i turn an talksport,skysports news or open a paper people saying why no Ferdinand,get over it people!!He has been the most overrated defender in England for years,is always injured and is not the future!!Him or Terry neither if i had my way!!!

Sorry i know there are similar threads but....Is anyone else as bored as i am about hearing that Ferdinand should be in the England squad.Every time i turn an talksport,skysports news or open a paper people saying why no Ferdinand,get over it people!!He has been the most overrated defender in England for years,is always injured and is not the future!!Him or Terry neither if i had my way!!!

I CONCUR... :thumbsup:

He is a *****, much like all the other over priced, over payed and over hyped England players!

I wish that we included players like Grant Holt who has had a storming season. There are other quality players in the Prem who deserve a chance more than the ones who instantly warrant a place in the team - much like Ferdinand seems to think so. Same goes for his brain (his agent).

What makes me laugh is when Cappelo dropped him from the squad for the qualifiers nobody seemed bothered. Even Rio himself or his 'management' weren't as outspoken as they have been now. He needs to get over it, as does everyone else.

He should show some class, get his head down and work hard. Take a leaf out of Beckham's book to come back and prove people wrong. Not act like he is untouchable and has a god given right to be selected.

Rio is over rated, he's too slow now and injury prone, he had an awful second half of the season (Feb onwards),

I don't like Terry ether but a choice between the two Terry wins every time,

Rio is mouthing off its his agent who is probbily missing a big fat cut of rio's international fee,

I much rather young Kelly go he's not going to play just like butland but it gives him international experance and he's around the team for a major tourny,

We should be looking towards the World cup in Brazil not keep playing the old guard who have failed over and over and over and over again

I think the 'REAL' problem is Hodgson has said that his decision is 'purely for football reasons' but has not elaborated. I believe the perception is he knew that he could only pick either Ferdinand or Terry and not both because of the pending court case, I also believe that the most of the black players in the squad are not comfortable with this (of course with exception of Cole, whose hearing apparently failed him at the crucial moment) and I fear should Terry be subsequently be found guilty Hodgson will have cornered himself into a very awkward cul de sac and may find several black squad players losing a lot of confidence in him.

There is no doubt that Rio used to be one of the better defenders around but age & injuries have caught up with him big time........it also looks like Jonny Evans has dragged him down to his level. :)

Terry is by far the better defender of the 2 of them, although he isn,t as good as he used to be as well but I think this outburst has everything to do with Rio's agenda against Terry....not footballing reasons.

BCAGFC

There is no doubt that Rio used to be one of the better defenders around but age & injuries have caught up with him big time........it also looks like Jonny Evans has dragged him down to his level. :)

Terry is by far the better defender of the 2 of them, although he isn,t as good as he used to be as well but I think this outburst has everything to do with Rio's agenda against Terry....not footballing reasons.

BCAGFC

Probably very true, but how will Hodgson defend that position to the black players in the England set up if (and I agree it's a big if) Terry is subsequently found guilty?, I fear he has taken a high risk strategy and it might blow up in his face.

I think the 'REAL' problem is Hodgson has said that his decision is 'purely for football reasons' but has not elaborated.

Why should he. He is the Manager and it is his decision. The REAL problem is Ferdinand making an issue out of it. He really is not as good as he thinks he is.

Probably very true, but how will Hodgson defend that position to the black players in the England set up if (and I agree it's a big if) Terry is subsequently found guilty?, I fear he has taken a high risk strategy and it might blow up in his face.

I suppose you could class 'team spirit' as footballing reasons.

It's a job (and an honour to play for England) at the end of the day and if Rio would have come out and said that he would play with Terry, then he would probably on the plane now.

He didn't.

BCAGFC

I suppose you could class 'team spirit' as footballing reasons.

It's a job (and an honour to play for England) at the end of the day and if Rio would have come out and said that he would play with Terry, then he would probably on the plane now.

He didn't.

BCAGFC

is that 'team spirit' for the whole squad or just the white players?.

At the end of the day. If rio went he would probably just get injured again anyway. All this media wont do much to Kelly's confidence. I hope he's not reading any of it because it's a shame on the young lad. He's had a decent season. He's been picked. Let's see what he can do on the big stage. Rio has had his fair share of international football.

It is always conveniently overlooked that he failed to turn up for a drug test. The club and players know when these tests are going to happen and they have to make themselves contactable. Missing a test is as good as failing yet he was handed the captaincy over Terry who had a misdemeanour in his personal life and not a professional misconduct charge.

Hodgson should not have to explain why he has dropped him.

Have some dignity Ferdinand, you have made yourself look a right knob. I hope we never see him in an England shirt again, he should not undermine the national team.

I cant see that raism fears come in to this at all...agreed the court case meant that only one of Terry and Ferdinand could go but i would take 6or7 center halves before him anyway,in any squad 3or4 players wont get near playing so better they are youngsters that can gain experience

I cant see that raism fears come in to this at all...agreed the court case meant that only one of Terry and Ferdinand could go but i would take 6or7 center halves before him anyway,in any squad 3or4 players wont get near playing so better they are youngsters that can gain experience

Well kick racism out of football (which is sponsored by the FA) believes that there is a real problem and have cited rumours coming out already about at least several black players being uncomfortable with the current situation.

I'm also tired of it, the way I see it, if Rio went, it would be as big a joke as when we took Ledley King to the WC. The guy cannot maintain tournament fitness, even Fergie implied that after he was originally left out!

Frankly, I back Hodgson on that, however his refusal to call up Richards baffles me, and to only take four strikers, one of whom can't play two games, is maddening, especially as a man in form, Grant Holt, doesn't get called up. Unbelieveable...

Well kick racism out of football (which is sponsored by the FA) believes that there is a real problem and have cited rumours coming out already about at least several black players being uncomfortable with the current situation.

Well let's remember that John Terry is still innocent at the moment (according to the laws of the land).

I'm also tired of it, the way I see it, if Rio went, it would be as big a joke as when we took Ledley King to the WC. The guy cannot maintain tournament fitness, even Fergie implied that after he was originally left out!

Frankly, I back Hodgson on that, however his refusal to call up Richards baffles me, and to only take four strikers, one of whom can't play two games, is maddening, especially as a man in form, Grant Holt, doesn't get called up. Unbelieveable...

Richards refused to go as a bit part. Roy did the right thing. If you don't want a call up, don't expect one ever. The bloke (Richards) is a Numpty. It just shows money and ego are more important to some players.

He should never get near a England squad again IMO

He did, he wanted him on the stand by list but Richards refused to go on the stand by list. Acting like hes better than he his like a petulant school boy and effectively has turned down the honour that is to play for your country. Similar to the carrick scenario. Neither should wear the shirt again in my opinion!

innocent until proven guilty,

Thats the stance Woy is taking and has to take He'll would be slaughted is he took Rio over Terry as well its a no win situation for Woy,

I don't know where the black players are uncomftable lark is coming from as it didn't seem to be the case in the friendlys Lescott and Terry linked up well and looked to be getting on pretty well, that arsenal kiddie din't look too bothered ether,

Papers as normal are finding every possible way to slag off england players and manager before a major tourny again

Absolutely, but the problem will come IF he is found guilty, I am sure many black players will vehemently question the 'the footballing reasons' if that scenario unfolds.

But that would be a nonsense argument. Terry was innocent (although has a court case pending) when selected and during the tournament, Roy Hodgson does not have a crystal ball to see the outcome of the trial. You have to assume that he has looked at the situation in footballing terms and then made his decision.

He did, he wanted him on the stand by list but Richards refused to go on the stand by list. Acting like hes better than he his like a petulant school boy and effectively has turned down the honour that is to play for your country. Similar to the carrick scenario. Neither should wear the shirt again in my opinion!

Wasn't aware of that, to be honest I'm more on the fence if that's the case. He SHOULD be starting at right back if Walker isn't fit, the fact he's not is pretty shocking. You don't however go and refuse a squad call up like that.

Is there any proof of the Richards thing? Or is this paper talk?

Couldn't give a damn about Carrick, overrated player.

Wasn't aware of that, to be honest I'm more on the fence if that's the case. He SHOULD be starting at right back if Walker isn't fit, the fact he's not is pretty shocking. You don't however go and refuse a squad call up like that.

Is there any proof of the Richards thing? Or is this paper talk?

Couldn't give a damn about Carrick, overrated player.

He came out and said he didn't want to be on stand by

He came out and said he didn't want to be on stand by

Must have been living under a rock that day! Or perhaps one too many Bank Holiday tipples made the mind go fuzzy! But fair enough, that's pretty shocking. You play for your country when called upon, on when it suits you best.

But that would be a nonsense argument. Terry was innocent (although has a court case pending) when selected and during the tournament, Roy Hodgson does not have a crystal ball to see the outcome of the trial. You have to assume that he has looked at the situation in footballing terms and then made his decision.

Really?, in what other walk of life would this be allowed to happen?, for instance would a social worker accused of racism be allowed anywhere near any ethnic minority, whilst the investigation was a) ongoing or b) after being charged by the Police?.

I suspect that much of this is more about the fact that it is much easier to leave Rio out 'for footballing reasons', than to risk JT going on a very high profile with high priced lawyers legal case of 'I was left out for non footballing reasons' infringing my human rights, civil liberties and my presumed innocent until proven guilty status and causing unnecessary biased to my forthcoming court case.

Such a case which if lost would bankrupt the already cash strapped FA.

Really?, in what other walk of life would this be allowed to happen?, for instance would a social worker accused of racism be allowed anywhere near any ethnic minority, whilst the investigation was a) ongoing or b) after being charged by the Police?.

I suspect that much of this is more about the fact that it is much easier to leave Rio out 'for footballing reasons', than to risk JT going on a very high profile with high priced lawyers legal case of 'I was left out for non footballing reasons' infringing my human rights, civil liberties and my presumed innocent until proven guilty status and causing unnecessary biased to my forthcoming court case.

Such a case which if lost would bankrupt the already cash strapped FA.

You think JT would have taken the FA to court if he was ommitted ? How would they prove the reason ?

You think JT would have taken the FA to court if he was ommitted ? How would they prove the reason ?

I suspect that JT's legal team have issued some sort of veiled threat to the FA that leaving him out would prejudice his racism case, I also suspect the same veiled threat is why the courts decided to postpone the case until after the tournament, treatment that the rest of us would not be afforded, that's how it works especially given the high priced lawyer team he employs.

Given the history of the FA, it would only take one secretary who hasn't had 1st class hotels with senior FA officials to leak emails or to re-count conversations, conversations that would have certainly taken place.

Archived