IGNORED

Bored,bored,bored Of Hearing About Ferdinand

biggythecity

Roy's problem is very simple.

He's not Harry Redknapp.

Therefore the media will totally over look the fact that despite not having a great squad, Roy has quickly got us into being a solid organised team who looks solid but unspectular in the two friendlies

Rio - not started a game in over a year for England, and not been in a winning England team for 2 years and has a club manager who says he can't handle the fitness needed for club football

Try telling that to the Sun and Sky though....anyone would think they are owned by the same company with their own agenda's....oh wait

I think the 'REAL' problem is Hodgson has said that his decision is 'purely for football reasons' but has not elaborated. I believe the perception is he knew that he could only pick either Ferdinand or Terry and not both because of the pending court case, I also believe that the most of the black players in the squad are not comfortable with this (of course with exception of Cole, whose hearing apparently failed him at the crucial moment) and I fear should Terry be subsequently be found guilty Hodgson will have cornered himself into a very awkward cul de sac and may find several black squad players losing a lot of confidence in him.

spot on if he had come out and said like i cant take both of these players because it may cause friction etc none of these pointless threads would exsist its true what the say football is full of bull/sh*ters

Sorry i know there are similar threads but....Is anyone else as bored as i am about hearing that Ferdinand should be in the England squad.Every time i turn an talksport,skysports news or open a paper people saying why no Ferdinand,get over it people!!He has been the most overrated defender in England for years,is always injured and is not the future!!Him or Terry neither if i had my way!!!

Touche! Excellent thread!

What Ferguson says about Rio's fitness is neither here nor there. He wants his player to get rest over the summer, not be in an international tournament, even if it is only for 3 games.

Between January 4 and the end of the season Rio started 21 games and played the full 90 in all but 3 of those. He only missed 4 games, 3 of which were cup games.

Ferguson has no doubts over the fitness of his centre half.

Yeps, sick of it

Not half the player he was 2 yrs ago, injury prone, doubts over how serious he takes training now, smokes weed, massive chip on his shoulder, cant run, turning circle of an ocean liner, arrogant as ****, has no respect for Roy and keeps going bleeting to the press Bwaaaah i'm a manu player Bwaaaaaa, let me play, Boooo hoooo, its racist etc etc,...

Piss of Rio you overrated freakshow

Well kick racism out of football (which is sponsored by the FA) believes that there is a real problem and have cited rumours coming out already about at least several black players being uncomfortable with the current situation.

Are you suggesting that black players in the England feel Hodgson is racist or they are uncomfortable with Terry in the team.

If I was picking the team I would not have picked Terry or Ferdinand for footballing reasons and the baggage they both have and if one player is upsetting and disrupting the team I would have got rid.

It was time for the England team to move on and delevope new players.

Are you suggesting that black players in the England feel Hodgson is racist or they are uncomfortable with Terry in the team.

If I was picking the team I would not have picked Terry or Ferdinand for footballing reasons and the baggage they both have and if one player is upsetting and disrupting the team I would have got rid.

It was time for the England team to move on and delevope new players.

if you read the thread properly you will see what I am suggesting and it is certainly not that Hodgson is racist.

What Ferguson says about Rio's fitness is neither here nor there. He wants his player to get rest over the summer, not be in an international tournament, even if it is only for 3 games.

Between January 4 and the end of the season Rio started 21 games and played the full 90 in all but 3 of those. He only missed 4 games, 3 of which were cup games.

Ferguson has no doubts over the fitness of his centre half.

It would be SAF's dream situation to have none of his squad involved in the Euros or the Olympics. Like you, I take his comments with a pinch of salt.

Spot on OP. I'm sick to the balls with this nonsense. Lets get a few things absolutely clear :

1) Rio Ferdinand HAS NOT BEEN DROPPED from the England Squad by Roy Hodgson. He hasn't featured in an England Squad since 4th June 2011. There have been 6 fixtures played since that date and he has not appeared in any squad (under Capello or Stuart Pearce). Therefore, Ferdinand was dropped from the England Squad by Fabio Capello - a year ago!

2) Does Roy Hodgson need to give reasons to every previously involved black English player that he did not pick? Does he have to explain to Kieran Gibbs, Micah Richards, Darren Bent, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Frazier Campbell, Bobby Zamora, Jack Rodwell? I have no doubt that ALL of those players were not selected for 'football reasons'. So why should Rio Ferdinand be any different? All of those players mentioned have been in an England Squad in the last year, Rio hasn't been. If Hodgson has to explain his reasons to Rio, then he should have to explain them to all of those listed too. But he doesn't HAVE to do this does he?

3) If Hodgson had been asked why he didn't pick Bobby Zamora his answer would probably have been for 'football reasons'. Would this have sparked a racial outcry because Zamora is a teammate of Anton Ferdinand and probably doesn't get on with John Terry? No.

4) Micah Richards WOULD BE IN THE SQUAD had he not thrown his toys out of the pram and said he didn't want to be on the stand-by list. Ditto Michael Carrick. I have no sympathy with either of these two. Rightly or wrongly they were omitted from the initial squad. But they've created their own problem with their refusal to accept being a back-up.

Hope that's cleared up a few things for some of you!

Me personally, I'd have had Carrick and Richards in the squad in place of Henderson and G Johnson in the first place. I'd have also selected Terry ahead of Ferdinand (who - and lets just re-iterate this again - was not selected for the previous 6 England Squads prior to Hodgson and therefore does not have to be given an explanation as to why he's not included this time around).

Spot on OP. I'm sick to the balls with this nonsense. Lets get a few things absolutely clear :

1) Rio Ferdinand HAS NOT BEEN DROPPED from the England Squad by Roy Hodgson. He hasn't featured in an England Squad since 4th June 2011. There have been 6 fixtures played since that date and he has not appeared in any squad (under Capello or Stuart Pearce). Therefore, Ferdinand was dropped from the England Squad by Fabio Capello - a year ago!

2) Does Roy Hodgson need to give reasons to every previously involved black English player that he did not pick? Does he have to explain to Kieran Gibbs, Micah Richards, Darren Bent, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Frazier Campbell, Bobby Zamora, Jack Rodwell? I have no doubt that ALL of those players were not selected for 'football reasons'. So why should Rio Ferdinand be any different? All of those players mentioned have been in an England Squad in the last year, Rio hasn't been. If Hodgson has to explain his reasons to Rio, then he should have to explain them to all of those listed too. But he doesn't HAVE to do this does he?

3) If Hodgson had been asked why he didn't pick Bobby Zamora his answer would probably have been for 'football reasons'. Would this have sparked a racial outcry because Zamora is a teammate of Anton Ferdinand and probably doesn't get on with John Terry? No.

4) Micah Richards WOULD BE IN THE SQUAD had he not thrown his toys out of the pram and said he didn't want to be on the stand-by list. Ditto Michael Carrick. I have no sympathy with either of these two. Rightly or wrongly they were omitted from the initial squad. But they've created their own problem with their refusal to accept being a back-up.

Me personally, I'd have had Carrick and Richards in the squad in place of Henderson and G Johnson in the first place. I'd have also selected Terry ahead of Ferdinand (who - and lets just re-iterate this again - was not selected for the previous 6 England Squads prior to Hodgson and therefore does not have to be given an explanation as to why he's not included this time around).

Carrick has retired i thought? he said he wont be used as a squad player in the England team. The Richards decision is bizzar, but who knows, chance for some fresh blood to make an impact. Hope so

Apparently "Kick It Out" are considering issuing a statement condemning Hodgsons handling of the Ferdinand affair. Are they going to step in every time a black player isn't selected?

I don't think the England manager needs to answer to them or Mr Ferdinands "representative". He picks the side that he thinks will be best for England, nobody else.

Apparently "Kick It Out" are considering issuing a statement condemning Hodgsons handling of the Ferdinand affair. Are they going to step in every time a black player isn't selected?

I don't think the England manager needs to answer to them or Mr Ferdinands "representative". He picks the side that he thinks will be best for England, nobody else.

They don't know the full facts and they are jumping to conclusions (and onto the bandwagon). I think they would make themselves look foolish if they were to comment on this.

• Admin

Harry great post but at the end, Henderson wasn't in the original squad, he was the standby list replacement for Lampard (whose recent form & performances in helping Chelsea win the CL probably make him the only one of the "Golden Generation" I would have in my squad) & as such Carrick couldn't have taken his role.

and what if Terry is found guilty?, how do Hodgson/the FA deal with that?.

• Admin

Well I hope once these finals are out of the way he won't feature anymore as we build towards Brazil '14 so it should be a moot point.

He'll get punished .. Untill then he's innocent untill otherwise proven .. The fact is they couldn't have them both in the same squad, and they've picked the better player to take ... At least terry chips in with goals from corners and is a threat ...

However they are both slowing up and making regular mistakes now ... And I'd rather neither of them went ... But if I had to pick one then it would be Terry .. Although I can't stand the Tw&t ....

Well I hope once these finals are out of the way he won't feature anymore as we build towards Brazil '14 so it should be a moot point.

How is it moot?, would a teacher who has been just accused of racism be allowed anywhere near ethnic minority children? and if the teacher was allowed near ethnic minority children was subsequently charged and found guilty, do you think the people who made that decision would keep their job?.

it seems to me in this case that a mega rich high powered lawyered up footballer is getting the sort of justice not afforded to the rest of the country, again.

• Admin

How is it moot?, would a teacher who has been just accused of racism be allowed anywhere near ethnic minority children? and if the teacher was allowed near ethnic minority children was subsequently charged and found guilty, do you think the people who made that decision would keep their job?.

it seems to me in this case that a mega rich high powered lawyered up footballer is getting the sort of justice not afforded to the rest of the country.

Sorry, I thought you were asking what would happen re: selection in future squads if Terry is found guilty. I did not realise you meant you wanted everyone connected with picking him for this tournament to be sacked if he is found guilty. In that case the point for you (& presumably the tabloid media) will not be moot.

Archived