IGNORED

Pearson Set To Stay At City!

Dolman Block B

I really hope that Pearson chips in with far more than the 'odd goal' that Tinnion was infamous for, his goal ratio was woeful especially given he took virtually all of our free kicks and had such a sweet left foot.

Depends what role he plays for us I'd get rid of killa if we could ask ask Pearson to play further forward as a link man,

Given a full season I reckon he will be around the 8 goal mark

Depends what role he plays for us I'd get rid of killa if we could ask ask Pearson to play further forward as a link man,

Given a full season I reckon he will be around the 8 goal mark

Which is about double of Tinnion's entire career average with us.

I think Pearson is more comfortable wide left, during the Barnsley game Pearson started off in central midfield with Woolford wide left and both were absolutely woeful, however DMC swapped them over at half time and Pearson had a really good second half and even Woolford improved to average.

I totally agree about Killkenny though.

Really pleased with this signing !

For me was key in midfield ! When others went missing his experience and class shone though !

Would rather we introduce solid midfielders like Stephen rather than flair wingers !

Now to sign Cisse and Amougou , than starting to look very solid in defence and going forward ! Fingers crossed we can

Attract a nippy striker proven at this level

!

Forget about being an exciting signing. Pearson is a solid, strong, experienced and talented player. I would definitely rather have him in our side than in the opposition. In his case 2 years is definitely better than one.

Absolutely

Stability and strength will be key next season, then we can perhaps add some flair and speed

I'm happy with this think Pearson is just the player we need. He is a typical Del player can play LM,CM and CAM each of those positions plays well in . seems to play better in a 4-4-2 when he is relied upon more than in a central 3. Much rather see him play than Elliot whom I do really like but is only useful in a 5 man midfield.

I'd like to see a left sided midielder come in but unless we sell any players I doubt we'll get any more mid fielders this summer.

I'm happy with this think Pearson is just the player we need. He is a typical Del player can play LM,CM and CAM each of those positions plays well in . seems to play better in a 4-4-2 when he is relied upon more than in a central 3. Much rather see him play than Elliot whom I do really like but is only useful in a 5 man midfield.

I'd like to see a left sided midielder come in but unless we sell any players I doubt we'll get any more mid fielders this summer.

Happy with the signing, will give reliable and honest performances, over the course of a season would expect him to score a few more, he missed some glorious chances this season but proved he could get inot those positions, just needs to polish off his finishing.

i really hope this is not the case, we need creative midfielders, as it stands we will struggle like we have the last two.

Happy with him signing on again for another 2 years. Good honest hard working footballer something del seems to look for.

Like its been said tho we do need a few top quality signings to really push the club forward, as I stated in another thread if I win the euro millions tonight expect a new investor to come to the club and pump some money into it, a cool 25m would sort us out I think? The rest would go to charity :)

I see Del Boy is over in Guersey for the weekend to discuss the new signings he wants to brings in

Although K Dawe and Jon Lansdown are here in Bristol it's Steve Lansdown that holds the purse strings and Del Boy is desperate to have the funds to sign up to five players!

Glad I'm not getting on a plane today!

Given how tight money is this is a good signing. We have to be realistic with our expectations for summer signings so this is a good start

I have to agree and I have even changed my mind on the 1 year contract for Carey, the defining moment for me was reading the report from the S****horpe manager about how Ribeiro's wages could be a stumbling block to him returning to the club, my god it's about time sanity returned to football wage structures but the worst part for me is the manager intimated that were still clubs willing too at least match his current deal, which I find mind boggling, because he is an injury prone bog standard average footballer.

I have to agree and I have even changed my mind on the 1 year contract for Carey, the defining moment for me was reading the report from the S****horpe manager about how Ribeiro's wages could be a stumbling block to him returning to the club, my god it's about time sanity returned to football wage structures but the worst part for me is the manager intimated that were still clubs willing too at least match his current deal, which I find mind boggling, because he is an injury prone bog standard average footballer.

It made me wonder what kind of budget Scunny have when they have average gates that have never risen above 7000. There are probably clubs in non league that could pay better wages. I noticed a story yesterday that Damien Johnson couldn't agree terms with Huddersfield Town after two years on loan there so he has signed for Fleetwood!!

It made me wonder what kind of budget Scunny have when they have average gates that have never risen above 7000. There are probably clubs in non league that could pay better wages. I noticed a story yesterday that Damien Johnson couldn't agree terms with Huddersfield Town after two years on loan there so he has signed for Fleetwood!!

I think you are missing my point, Ribeiro has almost certainly found his level at S****horpe yet they are saying his wage demands are a problem, what I am saying is how much have we been paying this guy? and for what?, with his injury record and his barely average skill level it is obviously far too much, but he may have found other mugs willing to match his current wages, which I find unbelievable.

I think you are missing my point, Ribeiro has almost certainly found his level at S****horpe yet they are saying his wage demands are a problem, what I am saying is how much have we been paying this guy? and for what?, with his injury record and his barely average skill level it is obviously far too much, but he may have found other mugs willing to match his current wages, which I find unbelievable.

Maybe, I read it as he wouldn't get what we are paying him (which as you say may have been over the top) but that he could get a lot more than Scunny could afford to give him. I think the truth might be somewhere between the two. You are right about the wages though, although as long as there are Malaysian (or whichever economy is on the up this week) businessman willing to destroy the status quo it is difficult to see how a more realistic level can be achieved.

I think I speak for many when I reply with a giant MEH!

Look, he's better than what we had, and he was a decent player in this league. But it's hardly thrilling. Because we've already seen he's ok, and no better.

I think I speak for many when I reply with a giant MEH!

Look, he's better than what we had, and he was a decent player in this league. But it's hardly thrilling. Because we've already seen he's ok, and no better.

Ex Scotland international the post should say.He has not been involved in our plans for years.And never will when we have about 12 better options in midfield.He looked OK in a few Celtic games.How ever he lost his place.And when he left them was a bit part man.Just pray that you land Murray Davidson.He has all the talent,to be a top holding midfielder like Del once was.He is athletic has a great engine,gets round the park and shuts things down.And he has a biting tackle,and is good in the air.And also chips in with a few goals.Reads a game well to,and picks out clever passies.And can also be box to box,and time clever runs and score.And at 24 is good enough to earn a move to the EPL or abroad if he does well down your way.

Pearson was a key player in helping us avoid the drop last season. As has already been said, he has a great engine, is quicker than he looks, is competitive and keeps possession well. It is also worth remembering he has Champions league and International experience. He is able to play on the left side of five, four or three and can also play as one of two in the centre of the park. I am really pleased we have him for two years and hopefully this is the first of four or five arrivals that will really enhance the squad and make us a top half team.

Ex Scotland international the post should say.He has not been involved in our plans for years.And never will when we have about 12 better options in midfield.He looked OK in a few Celtic games.How ever he lost his place.And when he left them was a bit part man.Just pray that you land Murray Davidson.He has all the talent,to be a top holding midfielder like Del once was.He is athletic has a great engine,gets round the park and shuts things down.And he has a biting tackle,and is good in the air.And also chips in with a few goals.Reads a game well to,and picks out clever passies.And can also be box to box,and time clever runs and score.And at 24 is good enough to earn a move to the EPL or abroad if he does well down your way.

READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! THE JOCK IN 'NOT RATING A SCOTTISH PLAYER' SHOCK! What's wrong with Pearson Jock? Has he spent too long down south

Any news on where Black might be heading? I reckon he'd be great alongside Skuse in our midfield

READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! THE JOCK IN 'NOT RATING A SCOTTISH PLAYER' SHOCK! What's wrong with Pearson Jock? Has he spent too long down south

Any news on where Black might be heading? I reckon he'd be great alongside Skuse in our midfield

Yep , you can bet your life if he had just been released by Auchinleck Talbot or Inverurie Locos , he would be the next Lionel Messi !!

Black wants to join Rangers,if Rangers win there case like FC Basle did with FIFA.

FC Basle? Not heard about that one, got a link? If you're getting mixed up with FC Sion they won nothing and got majorly buggered in every case they took

I think Rangers massively screwed up when they went to the Court of Session to get their transfer ban thrown out. The SFA are going to look at it again and impose every sanction they possibly can on Rangers. I don't think they'll play in the SPL season, phoenix company or not. Obviously Black would play for them if they were an SPL team able to pay decent wages, but I personally think they'll be a div 3 team with no money

FC Basle? Not heard about that one, got a link? If you're getting mixed up with FC Sion they won nothing and got majorly buggered in every case they took

I think Rangers massively screwed up when they went to the Court of Session to get their transfer ban thrown out. The SFA are going to look at it again and impose every sanction they possibly can on Rangers. I don't think they'll play in the SPL season, phoenix company or not. Obviously Black would play for them if they were an SPL team able to pay decent wages, but I personally think they'll be a div 3 team with no money

Rangers tried to sign Davidson to.So he will probably be holding out,to see what happens.I was meaning them the team who got kicked out.

Rangers tried to sign Davidson to.So he will probably be holding out,to see what happens.I was meaning them the team who got kicked out.

On reputation alone, Davidson or Black would choose Rangers. I'd be willing to bet money they'll be in the Championship next season because Rangers will be lucky to be alive I'm afraid

it was fc sion not basle

Sion can buy players again,and were in the same boat as Rangers.If you like your EPL.You better pray Rangers win there case.If they dont your game and clubs will go down the grubber.What Rangers done with player and chairman loans,is not illegal.Plenty off your own clubs use the same system.So if Rangers lose there case.Your clubs will fold faster than a house off cards.And that might be a good thing,for a small club such as yours.And make the playing field a wee bit level again.

Sion can buy players again,and were in the same boat as Rangers.If you like your EPL.You better pray Rangers win there case.If they dont your game and clubs will go down the grubber.What Rangers done with player and chairman loans,is not illegal.Plenty off your own clubs use the same system.So if Rangers lose there case.Your clubs will fold faster than a house off cards.And that might be a good thing,for a small club such as yours.And make the playing field a wee bit level again.

Yeah, but FC Sion couldn't sign players for a year, then got docked 35 points for trying it on. Rangers shouldn't have gone straight to a court of law, the court of arbitration for sport would probably have come to the same conclusion and you wouln't have got on the wrong side of UEFA. It might seem better now but it really isn't, Rangers are going to get bent over and given a good rogering by the SFA, UEFA, FIFA and anyone else who fancies it. I agree that a number of EPL clubs are likely to get dragged into this, but I don't think the figures owed are quite as high and they'll probably be able to pay them back. I do agree though, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if a couple of EPL teams got into that kind of trouble, it might bring them all back to earth

Archived