IGNORED

Pearson Set To Stay At City!

Dolman Block B

The Scotland star is due to sign a new contract at the Gate

Best news so far this season as far as i am concerned.

Your thoughts?

Which are many and varied, but sadly lacking in terms of football and Pearson.

According to the EP Pearson will be signing a one year deal shortly.He apparently had approaches from Milwall but opted to stay at City because of his good relationship with McInnes.

We saw several times last season what a decent player he can be and the fact that its just one year is a bit surprising given how influencial some of his peformances were. I think I'm right in saying that he started every game under McInnes when available.

I pleased he's signed and if he could add goals to his game he'd be the second name on the teamsheet after Colo Skusey.

Useful player to have, gets in to some good scoring oppurtunities, should have scored more last season. He showed what he could do against Barnsley, and although not a creative midfielder as such, his runs into space do create openings. 1 year deal is worth it and a Player I am happy is staying.

I would be very happy if Pearson does sign for next year. Great engine, not afraid to put his foot in, decent left foot, always offers his teammates an option to pass to, able to play a few positions and adept at making late runs into the box (even if his finishing did let him down from time to time). Never going to set the world alight, but a good, honest and consistent player.

I know why don't we use the great partnership of Skuse and Elliott?, they have been really successful for us or we could play either or both of them with Killkenny that'll work.

I didnt mention Skuse or Elliot......or Kilkenny.

I basically said if we want to move forward Pearson isn't good enough.

Serious question though, is Kilkenny good enough though? On his displays last season... dubious!

If Cisse leaves then i think we need him, just for calmness on the ball. When McInnes first joined and we had that decent run, Kilkenny was a key part in that when used further up the pitch, short passing etc.

As i said, Pearson=good utility squad player, but moving forward not the answer

Very happy with this signing. Took a while to get going. It became for influential when used in the centre of a midfield 5. Has got a great engine and would often go beyond the lone striker to add an extra option.

Pretty pleased with this news thought he made a big difference when he came in last season.

But then he only had to show an improvement over Woolford and JCR in fairness. Agree that he started brightly, but faded badly IMO (seems to be a bit of a theme with players looking to impress then losing their edge once they get a deal). If he could improve his conversion rate then he might justify his position in the side more easily, but as it stands I wouldnt be too worried if he went elsewhere and his shirt went to someone who felt they had more to prove.

• Admin

Definitely shouldnt be a starting player unless we want another relegation battle, decent squad player though

That's a little harsh. In the 28 Championship games he featured in, we picked up 36 points. That works out at 59 points a season which is comfortably mid-table form without improving any other positions.

Although we weren't particularly potent in attack, I believe it was at that back that we were most appalling and if we can tighten up that then we could push for the top half, regardless of improving our attacking options (which I believe we will anyway).

That's a little harsh. In the 28 Championship games he featured in, we picked up 36 points. That works out at 59 points a season which is comfortably mid-table form without improving any other positions.

Although we weren't particularly potent in attack, I believe it was at that back that we were most appalling and if we can tighten up that then we could push for the top half, regardless of improving our attacking options (which I believe we will anyway).

+ 1

Not entirely sure what people who don't think Pearson is good enough are expecting from our transfer dealings this summer.... He's a great utility player who I thought did very well when I saw him considering he'd not played a massive amount of football in the 18 months before we signed him. I'm not certain he'll be a guaranteed starter but the fact he can slot into different positions in different formations means I can see him playing alot of games next season and I don't think he'll let anyone down

Archived