IGNORED

Pearson Set To Stay At City!

Dolman Block B

I'd be surprised if any player signed a straightforward one year contract, unless he's a youngster trying to prove himself, or is desparate and has no other offers, or is right at the end of his career.

There's no security for the player or continuity for the club in straightforward one year contracts, but 12 month rolling contracts could work I suppose.

He's doing what is known locally as a 'Pep Guardiola' in the hope that it will make us the 'Barcelona of the Championship' :gasmask:

I'd be surprised if any player signed a straightforward one year contract, unless he's a youngster trying to prove himself, or is desparate and has no other offers, or is right at the end of his career.

There's no security for the player or continuity for the club in straightforward one year contracts, but 12 month rolling contracts could work I suppose.

He's had a quite bad recent injury record until he signed for us

don't see the appeal behind him, never ever consistent enough.

Gives the ball to others to do the work instead of him trying to make something.

Yes, he did get a few goals but should of got almost double figures.

I think thats the "creative midfielder" that we want to sign gone.

If true it's a decent addition. I doubt his wages will be very high and there will be no fee involved which is of course good news for the books. He's a hard-working player and he does get himself into very good positions, if he could convert a few more of those chances he'd be a fairly high scoring midfielder.

Not entirely sure what people who don't think Pearson is good enough are expecting from our transfer dealings this summer.... He's a great utility player who I thought did very well when I saw him considering he'd not played a massive amount of football in the 18 months before we signed him. I'm not certain he'll be a guaranteed starter but the fact he can slot into different positions in different formations means I can see him playing alot of games next season and I don't think he'll let anyone down

This, I wouldn't be shocked if this is a one year deal with an option for a second, that way if he improves and keeps fit, he'll get his second year, maybe even a third.

don't see the appeal behind him, never ever consistent enough.

Gives the ball to others to do the work instead of him trying to make something.

Yes, he did get a few goals but should of got almost double figures.

I think thats the "creative midfielder" that we want to sign gone.

He scored three goals.

I hope McInnes sees him and Skuse as City's two main attacking midfielders for next season which would mean no place for 'lets slow down the play' Kilkenny or Elliot. If Cisse can be pursuaded to sign and McInnes can sign another defensive midfielder the that would provide City with a solid core of midfielders.

I'd certainly be far more optimistic should that turn out to be so.

About the best quality we could have hoped for really,.

Pearson did have some very good games but then he was a headless chicken in others (Derby home), especially if he was played centrally.

Won't be good enough to improve on what we had last season.

BCAGFC

He scored three goals.

I hope McInnes sees him and Skuse as City's two main attacking midfielders for next season which would mean no place for 'lets slow down the play' Kilkenny or Elliot. If Cisse can be pursuaded to sign and McInnes can sign another defensive midfielder the that would provide City with a solid core of midfielders.

I'd certainly be far more optimistic should that turn out to be so.

I don't see Skuse used as a more attacking option. I think he's seen as much more of a holding player by Del, similar to Cisse. I think if Cisse and Pearson return, he may be in the market for another attacking midfielder, with the combination of two attacking and defensive options, he can mix and match his midfield depending on the opponents.

I'm not happy with this tbh and will go against the percieved 'Pearson is great', tide

I thought he was woeful and added nothing to the team overall and that people are getting 'giddy' over average when were were dire and seeing it as being indicative of 'quality'. He isnt really a left winger nor is he really a left sided centre mid he doesnt score many, doesnt create enough. It's a bit of an enigma as to why people are so enamoured with him.

Saw enough games at the end of the season and from when he signed to give a fairish assessment. Indisicplined as well 8 yellows and 1 red in 28 games

Yup, it's massively exciting :/

Yea I expected as much from Mr negative,

Have you ever posted anything postivie about the club ever?

It's a discussion forum. I'm airing my views on a player that I dont rate and adds nothing. I said that treading water would be problematic last season and it was. Now we are putting faith in the same players who were uninspiring and woeful for large parts again to get the job done. With no signings of any note on the horizon as per usual as others start to do their business early and get things in to place is indicative of the same old issues despite a change in management. I'll get excited if we sign someone who is exciting (doesnt mean costs a lot, just someone we can go 'cor blimey' because they are actually good rather than 'meh'), not re-signing yet another aging player who didnt offer alot for long periods of last season.

Just out of interest, who would you say our most exciting signings have been since being back in the Championship?

for me - David James (excitement that was short lived)

- Evander Sno

- Nicky Maynard

Geoff Twentyman@geoff20man

Stephen Pearson signs 2 year deal at #bristolcity hear from him & Derek McInnes on @bbcbristolsport at 4.35, 5.35 & 6.35

@bbcpointswest

Could of signed a younger player with more potential than an ageing Pearson who barely offered anything in games.

Can see a whole group of ageing rejects coming to the club, not really on the way up unless Del has got luck on his side.

This will be good news as I was beginning to fear that he'd go elsewhere. I think he showed himself to be a good Championship player last season and if his finishing improved he could arguably get around 10 goals a season. For me though, he's a central midfielder and not a winger.

Off the top of me head

-Adomah

-Trundle

-McIndoe

-Moetab (in theory)

-John/Saborio (should have worked, were awful :( )

-Velicka (Shame about injury)

-Cisse

-Amogou

-Carle

-Maynard

-Sno

Some worked, others clearly didn't. Hey ho

Must admit i was really excited about Moeteb/Metab/Meotab/That Egyptian guy

Shame really he could have been good

Geoff Twentyman@geoff20man

Stephen Pearson signs 2 year deal at #bristolcity hear from him & Derek McInnes on @bbcbristolsport at 4.35, 5.35 & 6.35

@bbcpointswest

Could of signed a younger player with more potential than an ageing Pearson who barely offered anything in games.

Can see a whole group of ageing rejects coming to the club, not really on the way up unless Del has got luck on his side.

Taking a player he obviously rated before, got to see him at close quarters, not just on the pitch like us and liked what he saw even more, good work I would say. It will be interested to see what added benefits being settled and part of the club/area will bring for him. I liked a lot of stuff about him last season, quicker than I imagined. taller than a lot of midfield players, versatile and got into good positions. 3 goals in 28 games was not the worse record but I have memories of him missing quite a few chances that could have at least doubled that figure. If he hits a bit of form on thatfront hew will be very useful indeed.

I'm not happy with this tbh and will go against the percieved 'Pearson is great', tide

I thought he was woeful and added nothing to the team overall and that people are getting 'giddy' over average when were were dire and seeing it as being indicative of 'quality'. He isnt really a left winger nor is he really a left sided centre mid he doesnt score many, doesnt create enough. It's a bit of an enigma as to why people are so enamoured with him.

Saw enough games at the end of the season and from when he signed to give a fairish assessment. Indisicplined as well 8 yellows and 1 red in 28 games

Yup, it's massively exciting :/

Surprise surprise. Mr negative aint happy.

This player played a pivotal role in keeping us up.

Exciting? Perhaps not. But he has an engine and gets up and down the pitch - he also retains the ball well.

Signings like this will help us avoid the type of season we've just had. That's progress to me.

Pearson reminds me of tinman to be honest not amazing but solid and chips in with the odd goal,

He is strong in the tackle hardworking

I really hope that Pearson chips in with far more than the 'odd goal' that Tinnion was infamous for, his goal ratio was woeful especially given he took virtually all of our free kicks and had such a sweet left foot.

Archived