IGNORED

Great Referee Poland V Greece

Penalty yes, but is that really a sending off?

When they first bought the law in about a proffesional foul being a red card it made sense.

Now the way it's interpreted is wrong imo.

The Polish keeper was just slightly late, no malice intended and goes off.

If he had dragged him down then fair enough.

He's having a bit of a mare.

He can't be that bad week in week out can he ?

He's just skied it over the bar - poor, very poor.

4 goals all season in Scotland, for the best side, would suggest he is worse than that!

When they first bought the law in about a proffesional foul being a red card it made sense.

Now the way it's interpreted is wrong imo.

The Polish keeper was just slightly late, no malice intended and goes off.

If he had dragged him down then fair enough.

This is why I don't understand the intentional handball rule.. you don't intentionally bring a player down in the box but if you do it's a penalty, yet it's only a handball if it's 'intentional'

Disagree about either of these teams beating England - we could put a third string out and beat that crap, We'll struggle against the likes of France and Sweden though.

Agree about the penalty, he may as well of pointed to where he was going to put it - easy save.

i'm afraid I don't believe the hype or the FIFA rankings where Argentina are below us, France are 8 below us (yeah right) Greece are one below France and Poland are 62nd.

When we slag off our own referees (quite rightly) there is always the caveat that they probably as a whole are the best in the world. The euros will very much highlight this.

Our only good ref is Howard Webb who is the most respected referee in world football at the minute.

Still no Pierluigi Collina though.. or the legend himself Uriah Rennie!

Archived