IGNORED

Great Referee Poland V Greece

When we slag off our own referees (quite rightly) there is always the caveat that they probably as a whole are the best in the world. The euros will very much highlight this.

Like Graham Poll did when he showed three yellow cards to the same player you mean?

Or like when Howard Webb allowed the world cup final to degenerated into a kicking contest?

Like Graham Poll did when he showed three yellow cards to the same player you mean?

Or like when Howard Webb allowed the world cup final to degenerated into a kicking contest?

We can pick up on individual mistakes all day long. Go watch football from around the world then come back to this topic. I'm not going to try to defend individual mistakes, they're mistakes, there's no defense. I think the overall quality of refereeing in this country is poor. I also think that from the football I watch that we probably have the best of a bad bunch.

I agree that the FIFa rankings are shite - they include friendlies which we are quite good at.

But I couldn't see us losing against poland or Greece even if we put out a team from the Championship. They were both very poor.

But if we get a result against France, I'll be more than surprised.

Poland would beat us if we fielded championship players, no doubt about it.

i'm afraid I don't believe the hype or the FIFA rankings where Argentina are below us, France are 8 below us (yeah right) Greece are one below France and Poland are 62nd.

Totally agree.

FIFA rankings are a farce, the only thing that counts is what you do in the major tournaments.

We didn't even qualify for the last Euros!!

But still people say we're far better than most of Europe, come on :)

Shame really as this has taken the gloss off what looks a half decent polish side, mind you they've been helped by the fact that Greece look shit!!!!!!

In the 1st half any& every 50-50 decisionwent Poland's way - no surprise there.

As for Greece's performance; I'd fancy City against them.

How come a guy who played for Germany U21s is allowed to play for Poland?

He honestly should be banned from the tournament for being so utterly crap. He truely is woeful. Now I know why Greece have absolutely no expectations what so ever!

Who was it on this forum who suggested we should be looking at Samaras? looked a league 2 striker with some of his attempts at goal, sorry thats harsh on league 2 strikers.

Because you're allowed to play for under 21s before changing for another full squad, aslong as you don't play a competitive game for the full squad you can change nation if you have other nationalities in your family.

He was born in Poland so I imagine once he realised he wouldn't get in the Germany full squad he chose to represent Poland.

Because playing for the senior team makes you ineligible for every other nation. Playing in the youth teams does not.

Who was it on this forum who suggested we should be looking at Samaras? looked a league 2 striker with some of his attempts at goal, sorry thats harsh on league 2 strikers.

So true! I am sure whoever suggested it was a tad drunk! Or at least I hope they were!

If a lot of the German team had stayed loyal to their own country, Polska could have had a great side

Completely unfair. Those players had both nationalities, they, if anyone, are entitled to choose "their own country". I don't think you or I are fit to criticise.

Completely unfair. Those players had both nationalities, they, if anyone, are entitled to choose "their own country". I don't think you or I are fit to criticise.

Thinking you read too much into a basic statement. Tell me where I criticised any of them? I didn't even mention a name. Calm down dear, it was only an observation

Thinking you read too much into a basic statement. Tell me where I criticised any of them? I didn't even mention a name. Calm down dear, it was only an observation

I'd suggest that suggesting someone isn't loyal to their home country would count as a criticism. If in doubt I guess, back-peddle and quote an advert that starred Michael Winner.

:bored:

I'd suggest that suggesting someone isn't loyal to their home country would count as a criticism. If in doubt I guess, back-peddle and quote an advert that starred Michael Winner.

:bored:

No back peddling here. I didn't criticise, you said I did. I just made an observation that if they had stayed loyal to their country of birth, Poland could have a very good team. Not once did I say they were wrong or a disgrace for doing so. That mate, is all in your head.

No back peddling here. I didn't criticise, you said I did. I just made an observation that if they had stayed loyal to their country of birth, Poland could have a very good team. Not once did I say they were wrong or a disgrace for doing so. That mate, is all in your head.

You said nothing about country of birth, you said "their own country", that's what I had an issue with. I also never said that you said anyone was wrong or a disgrace. I had a problem with the phrase "their own country". But if you meant birth country then that negates my post.

Also I'm not your mate :). But I don't mean that in an angry way... please don't ask me to calm down again.

You said nothing about country of birth, you said "their own country", that's what I had an issue with. I also never said that you said anyone was wrong or a disgrace. I had a problem with the phrase "their own country". But if you meant birth country then that negates my post.

Also I'm not your mate :). But I don't mean that in an angry way... please don't ask me to calm down again.

Is this not a forum for Bristol City fans? Generally all on the same side here mate. Little touchy, maybe your not getting your Euro fix!?

Archived