IGNORED

Radio Bristol Not Keen To Talk To Me?

maybe it does - but the fact is it's pretty harmless stuff and often raises a (bemused) smile.

The pointlessly abusive and childish posts from the (I presume) more immature members of OTIB like SB City regards NTTDS betray both a lack of respect and are a sad reflection on the state of this forum

it's a simple equation - if you don't like his posts, don't read them, and there's even an 'ignore' button too if pushed - rather than take time out to be insulting and rude, which gets nowhere except to poison the capacity to have an possibly interesting and funny forum.

I'll take 'random bollocks' over ignorant abuse any day! ;)

I find it ironic being labeled immature by someone who obviously finds reading posts about recreated goals with subutteo players interesting!!

Sir, lucky you, I hope you're having a great time in Kiev. To be honest, if I was in Kiev the last thing on my mind would be to do radio interviews. I'd be busying myself with World War 2 battlefield tours and browsing the world famous World War 2 museum in Kiev in between getting to the England games.

Lets not forget the rich pickings of talent.

Russia Today and the American Fox News totally outclass the BBC internationally. The BBC is now no more than a totally biased Cultural Marxist propaganda newsagancy for the EU loving Lib-Lab-Con political administration of this country. :icecream: Bring on the NTTDS - he'll shake those BBC bastards up. :worship2:

How you can rave about Fox, and then complain that the BBC is biased is totally beyond me.

I find it ironic being labeled immature by someone who obviously finds reading posts about recreated goals with subutteo players interesting!!

Been lurking this thread, but you go to far sir! Knocking subbuteo?

I have to assume that he is giving this due credit, and using the proper heavyweight players, unlike the rubbish LW ones. That aside, I assume everyone does this. You know - with the little corner kicker fellas and throw inners. You can practice your goal keeping skills even by kicking the ball against plastic first with random angles in it.

Subbuteo has only ever had one rule - 'no girls'. Other than that, its an art form.

Now where dide I leave my world cup goals...

Been lurking this thread, but you go to far sir! Knocking subbuteo?

I have to assume that he is giving this due credit, and using the proper heavyweight players, unlike the rubbish LW ones. That aside, I assume everyone does this. You know - with the little corner kicker fellas and throw inners. You can practice your goal keeping skills even by kicking the ball against plastic first with random angles in it.

Subbuteo has only ever had one rule - 'no girls'. Other than that, its an art form.

Now where dide I leave my world cup goals...

Without a question.......mintest post of the day...IMHO

That's what I thought, Fox is so extremely right wing biased It should be called the Republican channel.

I still prefer Fox News and Russia Today to the BBC international TV news. Each to his/her own but the BBC standards with regard to 'news' reporting have fallen dramatically over the years. Why are the BBC so interested in slating Rupert Murdoch at every opportunity in every one of their daily propaganda broadcasts - because Murdoch's now the biggest rival of the BBC ?????!!!!!

I still prefer Fox News and Russia Today to the BBC international TV news. Each to his/her own but the BBC standards with regard to 'news' reporting have fallen dramatically over the years. Why are the BBC so interested in slating Rupert Murdoch at every opportunity in every one of their daily propaganda broadcasts - because Murdoch's now the biggest rival of the BBC ?????!!!!!

Control the masses.......End of !

Noggers is obviously busy, so I'll bite....

How about you go **** yourself? As many others have said, hit the ignore button, pretty simple so ***** like you can do it easily

Cheers Woodsy, very eloquently put, and no doubt you speak for many other reasonable posters as well as myself.

Oooooh Matron. Remember, attack the post, not the poster. :fish:

And you think attacking just about every post by an individual poster does NOT amount to attacking the poster?

It's systematic bullying and just plain nasty and you know it.

Off hand I can't remember anything remotely interesting you've added to this forum, your main raison d'etre on here seems to be to undermine NTTDS's every post.

Therefore you wouldn't be missed at all if you decided to delete your account, the same cannot be said of the poster you take so much pleasure from obsessively criticising.

Hopefully Ted will be entertaining the majority on here with his unconventional posts for a very long time to come, and the minority will either put him on ignore or have the decency to stop the unpleasant haranguing of a fellow BCFC fan who just happens to have a quirky posting style.

Cheers Woodsy, very eloquently put, and no doubt you speak for many other reasonable posters as well as myself.

Eloquent, you call that eloquent? Someone who can't argue their point without "swearing" needs to brush up on their communication skills.

And you think attacking just about every post by an individual poster does NOT amount to attacking the poster?

It's systematic bullying and just plain nasty and you know it.

Off hand I can't remember anything remotely interesting you've added to this forum, your main raison d'etre on here seems to be to undermine NTTDS's every post.

Therefore you wouldn't be missed at all if you decided to delete your account, the same cannot be said of the poster you take so much pleasure from obsessively criticising.

Hopefully Ted will be entertaining the majority on here with his unconventional posts for a very long time to come, and the minority will either put him on ignore or have the decency to stop the unpleasant haranguing of a fellow BCFC fan who just happens to have a quirky posting style.

Perhaps you have a point, but at times I find him an embarrassment to the club. I remember being at an AGM when, in the middle of an interesting discussion about players signing and the clubs financial state, he stood up and asked a question about Radio Bristol. The top table looked at each other and started laughing as did most of the those in attendance. You may have been there and remember.

After continually slagging off the people on Radio Bristol, whom he calls boneheads, he comes on after games all matey with "Hello Geoff" and then proceeds to talk about how many away fans we had and how far the ground was from the station.

This is also the guy who goes to Sky AGMs and stands up and complains about City coverage on Sky TV. Some people might say well done but in my opinion, it's embarrassing for the club and I wish it didn't happen. I, like many others apparently, find him very irritating but I will try to throttle back on my comments to his posts but i won't change my opinion.

Don't forget that some of your posts have been nasty and almost bullying and you are not always right.

It's funny how some people, maybe less intelligent people, maybe people who never leave their comfort zone, maybe never leave Bristol or the town or village they live in, can't tolerate somebody who is a bit different or eccentric.

I guess they are a throw back to centuries ago when anyone showing a different opinion, perhaps saying they don't think the world is flat, would of been hounded down and burnt at the stake.

Long live individuality and NTTDS.

After continually slagging off the people on Radio Bristol, whom he calls boneheads, he comes on after games all matey with "Hello Geoff" and then proceeds to talk about how many away fans we had and how far the ground was from the station.

This is also the guy who goes to Sky AGMs and stands up and complains about City coverage on Sky TV. Some people might say well done but in my opinion, it's embarrassing for the club and I wish it didn't happen. I, like many others apparently, find him very irritating but I will try to throttle back on my comments to his posts but i won't change my opinion.

:D Brilliant, NTTDS is a legend. My question at the BCFC AGM about BBC Radio Bristol would have concerned how many Radio Bristol employees are actually from Bristol or from the Bristol area. At the SKY AGM I would have supported NTTDS and asked for more coverage of City matches on SKY. NTTDS might seem unconventional to many but he really is one of this club's most fanatical and loyal supporters - good on him because he's legendary.

He reminds me of my favourite Viz character Roger Irrelevant, you could be talking about the weather to him, and he would pipe up and say something like, my cat hasn't been fed today yet.

He is completely hatstand !

And yet Fox News' direct control by Murdoch himself doesn't perturb you at all.

And yet Fox News' direct control by Murdoch himself doesn't perturb you at all.

Well, if Fox News is not your style then there's the American abc News service. Whatever, the BBC state propaganda newsagency does seem to be harking on about Rupert Murdoch rather a lot. What about the BBC News reporting on the massive corruption and fraud that exists in the European Union project that we fund via our taxes? Back to topic, why doesn't BBC Radio Bristol give NTTDS some airtime from Kiev?

Well, if Fox News is not your style then there's the American abc News service. Whatever, the BBC state propaganda newsagency does seem to be harking on about Rupert Murdoch rather a lot. What about the BBC News reporting on the massive corruption and fraud that exists in the European Union project that we fund via our taxes? Back to topic, why doesn't BBC Radio Bristol give NTTDS some airtime from Kiev?

Radio Bristol wanted to and then he asked for a fee; when some people become celebrities it goes to their heads. Apparently Ted's rider for personal visits comprises one subutteo team, a meat pie, and a return budget airline ticket to Hartlepool.

Radio Bristol wanted to and then he asked for a fee; when some people become celebrities it goes to their heads. Apparently Ted's rider for personal visits comprises one subutteo team, a meat pie, and a return budget airline ticket to Hartlepool.

No one will be complaining on here if our Ted were to get piccies of the protests that are due in Kiev. I understand that the young women of Kiev will be doing some topless protests. Get your camera charged and ready NTTDS - we're relying on you !!!!!! :photo:

Eloquent, you call that eloquent? Someone who can't argue their point without "swearing" needs to brush up on their communication skills.

Check my other posts poppet, only swear at the keyboard warriors, don't see a problem with that to be honest. If you're being a bell then I'll let you know and I'll stick up for someone who done me a real favour once, when he really didn't have to. Salt of the earth is John, pick your targets ......there are plenty on here

It's funny how some people, maybe less intelligent people, maybe people who never leave their comfort zone, maybe never leave Bristol or the town or village they live in, can't tolerate somebody who is a bit different or eccentric.

I guess they are a throw back to centuries ago when anyone showing a different opinion, perhaps saying they don't think the world is flat, would of been hounded down and burnt at the stake.

Long live individuality and NTTDS.

+1 wiv attitude

Well i mean to say Mr Goblin, your a dirty old man :banana: Well i mean to say, its time radio bristol was brought to its kness, its total shite :icecream:

I just know NTTDS will get the piccies of the topless young Kiev ladies protesting if he sees them. If they can't be viewed on here due to censorship then I hope he'll post them on our BCFC ziderheads forum. Good olde NTTDS, he's a real star.

Perhaps you have a point, but at times I find him an embarrassment to the club. I remember being at an AGM when, in the middle of an interesting discussion about players signing and the clubs financial state, he stood up and asked a question about Radio Bristol. The top table looked at each other and started laughing as did most of the those in attendance. You may have been there and remember.

Don't forget that some of your posts have been nasty and almost bullying and you are not always right.

I was indeed there at that meeting - or similar - and I remember it as an affectionate response from the top table and the audience.

You don't seem to be able to understand when you post your irksome comments that Ted is a 'character' and most people value him for being just that. Also, if I remember rightly, far from interrupting a stream of interesting questions, Ted actually set the ball rolling with the first question in an otherwise hesitant audience - as is so often the case at these meetings.

He broke the ice with a question that was obviously important to him, amusing to others, and the Q&A flowed from there.

Ted is legendary (an overused word but absolutely apt in this case) for his attendance at Sky AGM's and the only publicity City get from his dedication in seeking more TV matches for his beloved BCFC - from which the club would benefit financially of course - is overwhelmingly positive. Never forget this is the forum for Bristol City fanatics and by it's very nature every contributor, not just Ted, could be said to be overly obsessed with the minutiaes of the club and everything that surrounds it. How we rank these City related matters in level of importance may, and no doubt does, differ for all of us, but at the end of the day we would all be seen as a bit odd by non football fanatics.

It's good news that you've vowed to rein in your constant criticism of Ted, it's made you appear a very unpleasant person when it's quite possible that isn't the case. It could well be you will now go on to become a valued contributor on BCFC matters - presumably that's why you joined this forum - now that the shackles of your fixation for reading and ridiculing his every word have been removed.

As for your comments on me, I don't see any comparison between us and your behaviour towards Ted. I have strong opinions on certain City matters and will argue my case and stand my ground, but you won't find me resorting to the continual harassment of any individual poster or looking to make differences of opinion about my football club with fellow fans into anything personal.

Archived