IGNORED

Things I'd Rather Do Than Tennis...

Fordy62

I don't like tennis. I don't like Andy 'hates England' Murray.

So I thought maybe we could come up with a list of things we'd rather do than tennis...

I'll go first...

Eat slightly undercooked quiche whilst flicking incessantly through rubbish sky channels.

No way is Murray a Bottler

I'll agree with you when he wins a grand slam and doesn't bottle it.

You have to beat those that are better than you to get to the next stage. So far he has shown he does not have the mental strength or belief to do it.

Remember, Federer had to beat the best before he became the best, Nadal had to beat Federer and Djokovic had to beat them both.

When Murray beats one of them, or someone in a grand slam final. He will have changed my mind.

Since when is the definition of bottler someone who just hasn't got the ability or is beaten by a better player?

Surely a bottler is someone who falls under pressure and constantly fails when he shouldn't. Andy Murray has done well to reach the semi-finals 4 years on the trot, his ranking of 4th in the world proves this is where he should be.

I'll agree with you when he wins a grand slam and doesn't bottle it.

You have to beat those that are better than you to get to the next stage. So far he has shown he does not have the mental strength or belief to do it.

Remember, Federer had to beat the best before he became the best, Nadal had to beat Federer and Djokovic had to beat them both.

When Murray beats one of them, or someone in a grand slam final. He will have changed my mind.

You have to remember if Murray was around in the Henman era he would of won many slams by now. Trouble is he is having to battle it out with 3 of the greatest ever to play the game.

You have to remember if Murray was around in the Henman era he would of won many slams by now. Trouble is he is having to battle it out with 3 of the greatest ever to play the game.

Agreed, but, you need the belief and bottle to beat one in a final. If Djokovic didn't have belief and bottle to go with his talent, he would not be world no 1, he would still be losing to Federer and Nadal. Same goes for Nadal. Talent takes you so far, balls a belief take you to the promised land.

So far, when in the position to take his game to the next level, Murray has failed.

The tennis he plays is good enough to beat them, and he has done. Just not when it matters. Hence lack of bottle and belief.

Since when is the definition of bottler someone who just hasn't got the ability or is beaten by a better player?

Surely a bottler is someone who falls under pressure and constantly fails when he shouldn't. Andy Murray has done well to reach the semi-finals 4 years on the trot, his ranking of 4th in the world proves this is where he should be.

Spot on chap

Archived