IGNORED

Rangers

Barrs Court Red

Leaves them in a great position to sort out their infrastructure. With a mass of support, and the money that brings, they will muscle their way back up the divisions, just in time for their reintroduction to Europe.

What happens to the other teams in Scotland! Well, I think we could see a few go to the wall as the tv money goes because Rangers aren't there.

It would be ironic.

I suspect they'll spend a season in the first, then be back. I can't imagine they'll be put in the 3rd. Would be carnage

It seems many in the first don't want them! So 3rd could be the best they get. It seems a lot of Rangers fans are in favour of a drop to the 3rd. Probably to piss off the spl teams and watch them crumble over 3 years as the money runs dry.

In one way it would actually help alot of the Scottish teams if they had to drop down the the third - Rangers away following would be enough to keep the clubs going for a while heck they will take x5 the amount of their average crowds I would of assumed.

Maybe smaller clubs will get televised on the odd game also.

It seems many in the first don't want them! So 3rd could be the best they get. It seems a lot of Rangers fans are in favour of a drop to the 3rd. Probably to piss off the spl teams and watch them crumble over 3 years as the money runs dry.

Watching the video of interviews with the fans on the beeb website, I was thinking that they'd gone up in my estimation. They largely seemed to me to accept that they deserve everything they get, whilst acknowledging that the fans did nothing wrong, but the club should be punished. It's almost as though they've had time to reflect and have accepted that what has happened to Rangers is what they would want to happen to another club were they in the same position.

the rangers disaster has lots of interesting aspects. a egomaniac chairman who spent money to run up massive debts how many english clubs are in the same position and might go rhe same way. a press who failed to properly question what was going on - i gave up buying the ep uears ago for the same reaaon and finally the uae of internet sitea like this to tell the truth.

Leaves them in a great position to sort out their infrastructure. With a mass of support, and the money that brings, they will muscle their way back up the divisions, just in time for their reintroduction to Europe.

What happens to the other teams in Scotland! Well, I think we could see a few go to the wall as the tv money goes because Rangers aren't there.

Bang on. Potential for a lot of innocent clubs going bust over Rangers indiscretions....cutting their nose off to spite their face, just to piss off one of the big boys

the rangers disaster has lots of interesting aspects. a egomaniac chairman who spent money to run up massive debts how many english clubs are in the same position and might go rhe same way.

The Rangers disaster is the beginning of football meltdown IMO. Interesting to see what will happen to some of the clubs south of the border especially in the Premier League.

I get your point, but only last year, dunfermiline couldn't pay there players, simply because rangers hadn't paid them the gate reciepts!

I know they will have now budgeted without rangers, but the standard will become lesser than what it was, if that's even possible!

And people mention champs league place etc, rangers and celtic don't even make champs league/uefa cup anymore so what chance motherwell?

According to one news report 80% of ST holders wish Rangers to drop to Div 3. They fear if they only went to Div 1, many people would fear a cover up and things would continue as before.

The same report stated the SPL teams realise their gate receipts will drop with no Rangers, but this is for the good of the game. Will the English Prem clubs think the same when one of our big boys totters?

It would be ironic.

I suspect they'll spend a season in the first, then be back. I can't imagine they'll be put in the 3rd. Would be carnage

At least Hampden would be full for a league match for once!!! assuming Rangers go into the Third division. Perhaps the only amateur club in the Scottish football league might then be tempted to go pro... hope not.

According to one news report 80% of ST holders wish Rangers to drop to Div 3. They fear if they only went to Div 1, many people would fear a cover up and things would continue as before.

The same report stated the SPL teams realise their gate receipts will drop with no Rangers, but this is for the good of the game. Will the English Prem clubs think the same when one of our big boys totters?

yes saw that.. suspect they realise its best chance they have to continue playing once a year at Hampden , in the third div v Queens Park !!

They have to go to the 3rd to maintain the integrity of scottish football, surely it will mean a cash injection to the 3rd division and then the second and so on as they climb back up, during this time teams like motherwell, Aberdeen, hearts and dundee can have a real shot at european football which would be a real cash boost, also at least one non old firm team would be in each cup final which again provides an improved income. People also may now support their local club in Scotland as they can't support Rainjurs in div 3. In 3 seasons time when Rainjurs 2012 are in the SPL it may be a stronger league however scottish blue biased media like the record would have you believe that no them and then no SPL. If you took the top 4 out of the prem would it implode, other teams would step into the void like everton and Newcastle and become stronger due to champions league like Motherwell have that oppurtunity if they win a qualifier.

It's carnage waiting to happen.

Imagine the scenario, 10,000 ticketless Rangers fans descending on Berwick Rangers or Stenhousemuir for a match.

These small clubs will not have the infrastructure to be able to cope.

I'm not a Rangers fan but anyone can see that all it would take is a small lawless minority to drag their name, and with it Scottish football's, through the mincer.

For that reason, the Scottish football authorities should limit relegation to the first division with a severe points deduction, where there is some form of structure in place to be able to cope with a club of this type of stature.

It's carnage waiting to happen.

Imagine the scenario, 10,000 ticketless Rangers fans descending on Berwick Rangers or Stenhousemuir for a match.

These small clubs will not have the infrastructure to be able to cope.

I'm not a Rangers fan but anyone can see that all it would take is a small lawless minority to drag their name, and with it Scottish football's, through the mincer.

For that reason, the Scottish football authorities should limit relegation to the first division with a severe points deduction, where there is some form of structure in place to be able to cope with a club of this type of stature.

tongue in cheek, that sounds a bit like swindon away back in the early seventies, mayhem

Should open up the SPL for a while until Rangers inevitably reach the the top division again in 3/4 years time. Hopefully the new club can be built on sound economic principles this time around!

I wrote words to the effect some while back.

While revenue from Rangers' matches will go it gives every single team in the SPL with a chance of finishing 2nd. That could, contrary to the scare mongering, bring more cash into the division through new investors seeing clearly they have a potentially cheap way into the Champions League. By the time Rangers get back up... hopefully it will be from the 3rd division or at least 2-3 years, the SPL will look a whole lot different with 3 or 4 teams in with genuine chances of winning the title or coming 2nd. Its certainly something to aspire to and hopefully it might be one of the positive aspects of Rangers' temporary demise.

I don't understand all this scaremongering from the sfa etc. about it will ruin teams if rangers go to div 3. Surely teams will still play the same number of games and will get bigger crowds because they may well be more successful. Lower division sides will get away ends sold out, so will make more money.

Think the sfa and spl are trying to cover there backs for years they've checked rangers books and let them off year after year. Then all of a sudden tv investigation and they go all serious on rangers.

Wonder if sfa, spl have cut a deal with rangers as in we will send you down one division if we can if you don't mention we never checked your books.

If rangers are allowed in div. 3 how will that work for need 3 years audited books and there new company, so how will they get round that?

They have to go to the 3rd to maintain the integrity of scottish football, surely it will mean a cash injection to the 3rd division and then the second and so on as they climb back up, during this time teams like motherwell, Aberdeen, hearts and dundee can have a real shot at european football which would be a real cash boost, also at least one non old firm team would be in each cup final which again provides an improved income.

Will Rangers be banned from playing in the cups then?

Because as i see it Rangers V Celtic in cup finals

is still a real possibility.

No thread already? Or was a new thread started but voted off?

Surely this relegation leaves them dooooooomed

For those who remember 1981 etc.................

Whilst I appreciate times and circumstances are slightly different,

How lucky were we to survive?

Not only survive but to remain in the league were playing in? (albeit relegation was nailed on)

For those who remember 1981 etc.................

Whilst I appreciate times and circumstances are slightly different,

How lucky were we to survive?

Not only survive but to remain in the league were playing in? (albeit relegation was nailed on)

Football between now and then is completely different though, now its a real monster who is only interested in money.

OK, Lets have a new British league, lets just start afresh and put all the pro teams names into a hat and draw a new league?

Maybe have 2 teir, about 50 teams total (thabsout about right?) Yes, yes |I can see this happening, and a new European league too, where teams like us can play competitive European football!

And where we dont have to go begging to FIFA et al about permission to play games in a competitive manner, ditch FIFA, English football holds all the cards and its about time we played them, We should also politely remind them that ITS OUR ****ING BALL!!! We will take it way, how the British teams have not wangled a better deal for itself is depressing.

Archived