IGNORED

Greg Cunningham

berrowred1

Back peddling for England then!!

Forest did want him back, my Forset mate is gutted we signed him, they can't buy anyone at the moment until their takeover is sorted, they haven't got two pennies to scratch their arse with. Apparently there were a couple of other clubs interested in him but Del sold his vision. As for the clubs direction, something patently obvious to everyone except you, we are slimming down and cost cutting in accordance with our obligations to the spending/cost cap being introduced (can't remember the official title).

Young hungry players, willing to learn, with bags of potential and at a reasonable price is the only way to go

Actually thats not strictly true, a longstanding freind of mine is a member of Forest Senior administration team. I quizzed him about GC a couple of days ago. Cunningham wanted to stay at Forest last season but they were not infact disposed to pay the valuation which City put on him nor pay his level of salary.

Thats suggest to me that unless City compromised and lowered their expectations slightly we have paid a large sum of money, and committed an inexperienced signing to a 4 year Contract on what would appear to be a reasonably high wage. Both of the things we said we wouldnt be doing. I doubt very much if City are a philanthropic organisation.

The fee would be closer to 1million than £250k. That said he looks to have potential and could be a great aquisition, Albeit he is a bit lightweight and defending doesnt come naturally to him ( not my words but that of the above.)

Im looking forward to seeing him play because the onus must be on attack this season and not defence, win games and you progress and back comes the most important thing..........Us !

He looks to fit the bill as far as a left back goes and lets hope his defensive work is better than many suggest because as I said previously on another topic the most dangerous players on the opposition sides are generally right foot orientated and LB is one of the most important positions on the feild.

Archived