IGNORED

Come On Tim - Official Andy Murray Match Thread

Just looking at the weather tomorrow and it looks like the roof could be on which will favour Federer as he's the master of indoor tennis. He's playing imperious tennis anyway, has been all year, and I fully expect him to win in 3/4 sets. If Murray plays out of his skin he has a chance mind. Here's hoping for a great match.

Bottle it yesterday did he?

Did his best against a injured opponent who had problems holding the racket.

We shall see if he bottles on Sunday.

Yesterday was a giveme with Tsonga playing with fingers swollen to twice the size, and having problems gripping, but still won a set!

If Murray wins (in what looks like a game in federer's favour if the roof is closed) then bottler status will be recinded. Get that head sorted Murray, see if Lendal can smack it into shape.

The miserable to$$er would struggle to break a smile even if he won the final ...

Maybe its because he's not won anything that he doesn't feel the want to smile?

Lets go back to the smiley days of Tim Henman, who won f**k all eh.

Yesterday was a giveme with Tsonga playing with fingers swollen to twice the size, and having problems gripping, but still won a set!

If Murray wins (in what looks like a game in federer's favour if the roof is closed) then bottler status will be recinded. Get that head sorted Murray, see if Lendal can smack it into shape.

Ah right so he will bottle it if he loses against the greatest player ever to play the game!! If he loses it will be down to ability not bottle.

Never really got this 'bottler' tag some label him with.

In a sense, he has done very well pretty much living up to his potential at Wimbledon the last few years. By and large, he has been beaten by players who are just that half a notch better - not simply very good, but outstanding.

Not my sport, and cannot really get that excited by it, but no reason not to wish him well. Will do well to live with the 6 times champion in my mind.

You can hardly bottle it against the greatest tennis player of all time. Murray has come through a really tough draw this year, he could've bottled it against the likes of Karlovic, Cilic, Ferrer but instead came through with flying colours.

Would like to see him come out and play aggressively though, otherwise Fed will blow him away in 3 sets.

• Admin

Please see "things I'd rather do than tennis..." thread.

Please go to the "things I'd rather do than tennis..." thread ;)

Never really got this 'bottler' tag some label him with.

In a sense, he has done very well pretty much living up to his potential at Wimbledon the last few years. By and large, he has been beaten by players who are just that half a notch better - not simply very good, but outstanding.

Not my sport, and cannot really get that excited by it, but no reason not to wish him well. Will do well to live with the 6 times champion in my mind.

Whilst labelling him a "bottler" may not be merited considering the opponents he has come up against in finals, I do believe that there has been a mental aspect to his failure in each of the previous 3 slam finals he has competed in.

For what it's worth, I have followed his career since he first appeared on the scene as a junior, often staying up into the early hours to watch him play & on the occasions that he has beaten Nole/Nadal & Federer (mainly non-slams but the odd semi-final in the US or Australia) he has really imposed his game on the match.

On the occasions he has reached the final, he has done so with some glittering tennis on the way, but on each occasion come the final he went into his shell and played completely defensively. Admittedly, each time his opponent (Roger x 2, Nole x1) has actually put in an excellent display but I question how much of this was their doing and how much they were allowed to by Andy paying them too much respect.

If Murray is to stand any chance on Sunday he has to go in with the attitude & choice of shots he displayed in the first 2 sets of yesterday's semi-final (& it almost goes without saying that he will need to find a high proportion of first serves). If he again turns up in awe of his opponent it will only repeat the pattern of his previous 3 finals where the closest he has come to even winning a set is in losing a tie-breaker.

He's a professional tennis player, not comedian.

I didnt say anything about his abillity... And I didn't say anything about laughing ?? If I only smiled at a comedian then he'd be crap ...

He just shows no emotion at all .. Even when he wins ...

Murray has to win the first set tomorrow, in the other two finals against Federer he has started slow and never recovered. Rumour has it the queen is attending tomorrow just to heap even more pressure on the bloke?!

Didn't Jo Durie and Jeremy Bates win the mixed doubles?

Yes, you're quite right. There is much less focus on that event than the singles, so for the "not too interested unless there's a Brit in it brigade" (like myself with tennis) they get overlooked. Jamie Murray was a winning partner too a couple of years ago.

Archived