IGNORED

Come On Tim - Official Andy Murray Match Thread

Greatest British sportsman? Knighted? What about Phil 'the power' Taylor?

Hate the working class much?

NO WAR EXCEPT CLASS WAR!!!

****...whats that got to do with it.......is that you in your avatar ? are you Bamber Gascoignes iligitimate son.?

Darts isnt a sport its a Pub Game.

****...whats that got to do with it.......is that you in your avatar ? are you Bamber Gascoignes iligitimate son.?

What about Lee Westwood, Rory Mcilory, Lennox Lewis, Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button to name a few.....Murray's won nothing of significance to date.

Regardless of whether or not Murray wins tomorrow he's still got lots of catching up with them.

Pillock.

I don't particularly care for the bloke or tennis outside of Wimbledon fortnight but, I would like Murray to win this one just because I would like to see how far he can go once he has won his first major title. It may relax him enough that he can go on and do what Djokovic has done.

Still, saying that, Federer looks a beast at the moment and it looks like he needs to have an off day for Murray to win it. As for the people who say he bottles it, I would say he in the past has had this self destruct button he regularly presses when things are going against him, but if your playing against 3 of the greatest players of all time in one era, I can see why you would be a little miffed when you are so close to winning a major.

4th best in the world is nothing to be ashamed about.

And double faults, poor returns etc aren't??

and beating them in smaller tournaments, but freezing against them in the slams.

Mental issue, which equates to bottling it.

If he wins, his game will change for ever, just like it did for the top 3.

But will he crack with the pressure? Everything suggests he will. Unless lendal has planted something in Murray's grey matter.

Murray in 4 sets, never been more certain that he will win today.

funny that you always seem to put a kinda thats a fact statement in and come back with very little, still waiting for the names from the keogh thread???? if your that sure on murray lets av a wager on it ,for charity off course something close to both of us say loser sticks a tenner in the surfer flag fund i await ur replie with baited breath :violin: :violin:

Won the Ryder cup a few times and been world number 1 though

For me he's still at same level as Murray - neither have won a major tournament.

and beating them in smaller tournaments, but freezing against them in the slams.

Mental issue, which equates to bottling it.

If he wins, his game will change for ever, just like it did for the top 3.

But will he crack with the pressure? Everything suggests he will. Unless lendal has planted something in Murray's grey matter.

He looks mentally stronger since under Lendals guidenence. Not sure he'll win today though, Fed was just on another level in the semi

funny that you always seem to put a kinda thats a fact statement in and come back with very little, still waiting for the names from the keogh thread???? if your that sure on murray lets av a wager on it ,for charity off course something close to both of us say loser sticks a tenner in the surfer flag fund i await ur replie with baited breath :violin: :violin:

Ok done

For me he's still at same level as Murray - neither have won a major tournament.

Point was and remains however that Murray was being declared as the greatest athletic for generations, if he won, when then clearly isn't the case.

As for today, crackers to bet on anyone bet Fed for me, when it comes to the big matches, he's just on another level.

If only Murray had won that 2nd set..

Regardless, Yes Federer !!!

The Murray lob shot on the second set that was called out was actually in but Murray didn't challenge. If he'd of won that point he would be on the brink of breaking serve and serving for the second set.

Unlucky Andy, was brilliant though.

• Admin

I think the main reason I dislike Murray is due to his mum. She has the most irritating face ever to don centre court. She needs a slap with a large haggis.

She is the spit of Andy isn't she!

Anyone who questions Murray's character though should watch the two interviews on BBC Sport website.

He blew it, had fed for the taking in the 2nd set, then started screaming and shouting at himself when he made a few unforced errors. From that point in, he was in trouble, the bloke beats himself. once he handed fed the 2nd set, that was it. He should have been 2 up but went in 1-1, you hand.

Yes Federer is a better player, but what made him better, was the mental capacity to keep his emotions in check. Murray gave Federer all help he needed, you can't do that.

Murray played well for 2 sets, but did what I expected, he didn't throw it away through bad play, he through it away because he doesn't believe. He is so close, but may as well be a million miles away. You could see it in lendal's face at the end. Everyone else was up applauding brave Andy, lendal was sat there stoney faced, knowing full well Murray handed him the game.

In Andy's defence, the roof closure did play into Federer's hands.

Thats over best of 3 sets tho, bit different to 5

It's not, most people agree Murray is the fittest, so a maximum of 5 games should give him the advantage! So that only his own mental ability to cope with potential 5 setters. And he seems to fail, every single time.

I wanted Andy too win but in the end he was just out played by a better player.

I saw that Alex S was in the crowd..... can't stand him :)

Regarding sport and as an English man...... I always would support Scotland or a Scotsman when we as a Nation (The English) had got knocked out and that extends to Welsh or Northern Irish teams or players/people

English first...... british second........ and I can understand the same if when applied to other's but that said we were a United Kingdom (once)

It is fair to say that most Scots would support anyone other than England or an Englishman under similar circumstances?

The trouble with history is they will never move on until they bury their ghosts regarding the English no matter how awful it was at the time....... not that anyone was probably alive to witness the events (apart from maybe the Irish?)

Even then....... our Army was sent in to protect the Catholics....... look where that got us eh?

It is fair to say that most Scots would support anyone other than England or an Englishman under similar circumstances?

The trouble with history is they will never move on until they bury their ghosts regarding the English no matter how awful it was at the time....... not that anyone was probably alive to witness the events (apart from maybe the Irish?)

Even then....... our Army was sent in to protect the Catholics....... look where that got us eh?

The thing is when Scots start going on all "Braveheart" about things like Culloden etc they conveniently forget that more Scots fought on the "English" side than for "Bonny Prince Charlie".

The battle was basically between the forces of a German King and an Italian Prince. On George II's side were Lowland Protestant Scots, some German troops and a tiny number of English soldiers, on Charles Stuart's were Highland Catholic Scots and a few French and Italian soldiers.

Archived