IGNORED

Press Conference

Aberporthbcfc

Sadly though I think he would be out of our price range, and even if he was available I imagine there would be a lot of clubs in for him. :(

I got a feeling that Leeds are holding out for there take over then just agree to his wages demands he was such a influential player for them last season

Apparantley would be available for around 850k an his girlfriend is from Cardiff so maybe she'd like to move closer to home?

Clutching at straws I know :whistle:

That would be a steal at that price, and it's one I think we would be able to afford. I heard Leeds wanted around 2million for him!? That would be way out of our price range though!

Let's hope she wants a move to Bristol then!!

I got a feeling that Leeds are holding out for there take over then just agree to his wages demands he was such a influential player for them last season

Yeah massive for them. Scores all types of goals and has the pace and movement to stretch defences. Would honestly love to see him come here, even if I was furious with him for his antics at our place last season!

After that I added him to my most hated players list :laughcont: however if he signs he will be removed and all will be forgotten.

That would be a steal at that price, and it's one I think we would be able to afford. I heard Leeds wanted around 2million for him!? That would be way out of our price range though!

Let's hope she wants a move to Bristol then!!

I read that price on the Leeds forum a few weeks back. Seems about right considering he has 1 year left on his contract and doesn't look like signing a new 1 any time soon.

I read that price on the Leeds forum a few weeks back. Seems about right considering he has 1 year left on his contract and doesn't look like signing a new 1 any time soon.

Ah I see, didn't realise he only had a year to run! That is about right and would be well worth the money! Dare I say it, but last season he reminded me of a certain striker we had when he was on song!

Do you think Le Fondre would be cheaper? Reading have just signed Pogrebnyak and may want to shift him off the wage bill?

Yeah massive for them. Scores all types of goals and has the pace and movement to stretch defences. Would honestly love to see him come here, even if I was furious with him for his antics at our place last season!

After that I added him to my most hated players list :laughcont: however if he signs he will be removed and all will be forgotten.

His goal at Doncaster was special, and yeah we need a few Nasty players in our side think him and Morris would be perfect for the job and I think if palace can be in the running why not us?

Ah I see, didn't realise he only had a year to run! That is about right and would be well worth the money! Dare I say it, but last season he reminded me of a certain striker we had when he was on song!

Do you think Le Fondre would be cheaper? Reading have just signed Pogrebnyak and may want to shift him off the wage bill?

Le Fondre would cost around 1m imo. I just don't see him getting a look in now though.. Church, Roberts, Pogrebnyak, Hunt.. i'd say Le Fondre would be 3rd choice, possibly 4th.

He's such a good goalscorer though and Le Fondre and Stead would be immense.

I don't see the point in having Le Fondre with Pitman at the club- very similar players IMO. Both good, but similar

Le Fondre has alot more pace than Pitman. Pitman and Stead as a partnership doesn't frighten defenders imo, they aren't going to get stretched or make runs in behind like Le Fondre would.

Le Fondre has alot more pace than Pitman. Pitman and Stead as a partnership doesn't frighten defenders imo, they aren't going to get stretched or make runs in behind like Le Fondre would.

I wouldn't say he has 'a lot' more pace than Brett, but I'll give you he's quicker. Just think they're both players who only really offer in the final 20 yards of a pitch

His goal at Doncaster was special, and yeah we need a few Nasty players in our side think him and Morris would be perfect for the job and I think if palace can be in the running why not us?

Hopefully yeah. As Brizzle Jordan mentioned above he only has a year left to run on his contract which I didn't realise so thats a bit more encouraging.

I wouldn't say he has 'a lot' more pace than Brett, but I'll give you he's quicker. Just think they're both players who only really offer in the final 20 yards of a pitch

Oh I agree, they definatley both come alive in the penalty area. I just think Le Fondre has that other ability of running in behind where as Pitman doesn't.

Le Fondre would cost around 1m imo. I just don't see him getting a look in now though.. Church, Roberts, Pogrebnyak, Hunt.. i'd say Le Fondre would be 3rd choice, possibly 4th.

He's such a good goalscorer though and Le Fondre and Stead would be immense.

Yeah agreed. I think they will probably sign another striker as well so he will be 4th choice at best I reckon.

Le Fondre and Stead would be class, but then so would McCormack and Stead!

They worked well as a partnership a couple of seasons back. Stead and Pitman both have very good link up play between them. Just need a midfield that will support them properly, Albert should be the player running in behind the full back and stretching them but instead of doing it he waits in front of the defender and tries to dribble past him.

Oh I agree, they definatley both come alive in the penalty area. I just think Le Fondre has that other ability of running in behind where as Pitman doesn't.

I agree with you hes a great player but I'm not sure if he's the type of striker we will look for we need a forward that can get to stead a lot quicker as times last season he looked isolated on his own

As I understand it the players are not technically back in preseason training until Wednesday. Tomorrow they are in for testing ( possibly in two groups as Del mentioned when they came in mid break). It's also been mentioned that there will be an interview with Del on Wednesday to coincide with the start of preseason. I would imagine there will be an interview with Morris then aswell.

Of course any new signing before then I would expect a CityPlayer interview. Whether they are all just reacting to one tweet to make themselves look good I don't know, but there seems to be a lot of people confident that Keogh will be joining. One account that seems definite is a self confessed parody account of Tony Docherty. No smoke with out fire or runaway bullshit?

Jeez it's a rumour that has been squashed....why oh why bang on about some random player that we won't sign?

Go watch the tennis :kiddie:

That's it, single me out. I was in a conversation with Taylor10 about McCormack, Le Fondre and Jackson which started before the rumours were squashed.

I know we won't sign Le Fondre, I know we won't sign Messi but I think he is very good and I would love him at AG. :)

Richard Keogh is a very good player, of this there is no doubt. If it were my choice between him and our friend mr Bikey/Amogou I would choose the latter because he brings more power in our own and in opposition penalty areas.

However I expect both to demand a high wage and with James Wilson Liam Fontaine in the running I wouldn't expect to see both, but hopefully one or the other.

I haven't followed theforum as much as I might of this summer so if someone could give an update on the Cissee situation that would be good!

As far as forwards go Pitman Stead and Taylor will all be pushing this season and can see us having a very decent forward line if the right people are brought in to supply the chances...

Starting to get interesting now!

Jeez it's a rumour that has been squashed....why oh why bang on about some random player that we won't sign?

Go watch the tennis :kiddie:

You don't have to read or reply to it. It's just a conversation plain and simple!

Stick to watching the tennis if you don't like it!

Press conference being held tomorrow, apparently 2 new signings are going to be revealed, one of them Richard Keogh.......

What I just read on facebook, anyone else heard about this??

If its been mentioned mods please merge or delete :)

Taken with a very big pinch of salt. Nuff said.

Archived