IGNORED

Rovers. Another Step Towards A New Stadium

Dolman Block B

Without meaning to shyt stir, local authorities usually ask for a financial plan to go with an application, many a fine project have failed on financial grounds leaving unfinnished structures as blots on the landscape. This one is a little sketchy to say the least. Who is paying for the stadium build? The UWE is providing the land in exchange for the use of some teaching rooms and the car park, Sainsbury's will provide some funding assuming they get permission, say £15m. So who pays the other £30m plus ?

This question has been asked on the site of the gypsies, and those who appear to be in the know won't let on for some reason, in fact, they claim that nobody will find out from anyone on that site, where the finance is coming from, which only raises more questions.

Not so...commercially they have no input or interest into the delevopers financial status. If they did then those fine projects you mention wouldnt be unfinnished. The Planning committee are not generally interested in the development cost other than to set the level of Planning application fees.

Good luck to Rovers I hope it comes off for them, lets face it its in the right location and good news for the resident hedgehogs.

No accomodation is being built as part of the project, they might have some sponsorship wth naming rights though. That still doesn't explain where the majority of the stadium build costs are coming from.

Hers what's being built there.. Perhaps ARN was talking about the teaching space.

Erection of a 21,700 seater new sports stadium (Class D2) and ancillary Club Shop (500m2), Supporters Club Bar (784m2) and Offices (198m2), with associated Convenience Store (Class A1) (465m2), Gymnasium (Class D2) (1,280m2), Banqueting facilities (Class D1) (1,006m2), Media Study Centre/UWE Teaching Space (Class D1) (2.114m2). Construction of car park (1,000 spaces) and new vehicular access. Depositing of excavated material resulting from construction process, landscaping and lighting.

Who needs a new sainsbury's on filton avenue when there's one at the other end at stoke gifford ,about 1.5 miles away at most.It's not as if the area isn't covered by the tesco on golden hill,tesco eastville,the sainsbury's at said stoke gifford,and a co-op just down the road.I think the local traders association will have plenty to say when it comes to a planing application.

Who needs a new sainsbury's on filton avenue when there's one at the other end at stoke gifford ,about 1.5 miles away at most.It's not as if the area isn't covered by the tesco on golden hill,tesco eastville,the sainsbury's at said stoke gifford,and a co-op just down the road.I think the local traders association will have plenty to say when it comes to a planing application.

An argument that applied equally to Ashton Gate, Asda, Aldi, Co-op, Etc.

No accomodation is being built as part of the project, they might have some sponsorship wth naming rights though. That still doesn't explain where the majority of the stadium build costs are coming from.

Im not 100% about that and will look into it.

Maybe no accomadation within the new stadium but With Higgs building experience he may be chucking in/building a load of students lets on the site somewhere at cost?

It makes sense really, "i,ll wipe your ass if you wipe mine" if you know what i mean?

Maybe no accomadation within the new stadium but With Higgs building experience he may be chucking in/building a load of students lets on the site somewhere at cost?

It makes sense really, "i,ll wipe your ass if you wipe mine" if you know what i mean?

Rich is correct. No accommodation is being built.

Not so...commercially they have no input or interest into the delevopers financial status. If they did then those fine projects you mention wouldnt be unfinnished. The Planning committee are not generally interested in the development cost other than to set the level of Planning application fees.

Good luck to Rovers I hope it comes off for them, lets face it its in the right location and good news for the resident hedgehogs.

I don't know if it was peculiar to Bristol or nationally but, as a result of unfinished developments in the 80's and 90's, planners wanted proof that developments would be completed prior to giving planning permission. Now this may only have been on sites of importance, developments on council owned land or for listed buildings but it definately happened, though it might not be the case now. The City application at Ashton Vale was certainly subject to financial scrutiny by the planners, though this was probably due to some of the application being used as an enabling development application.

Is that an offer to wipe my arse, or are you referring to an agreement between Higgs and the UWE?

Either way I'm not cleaning yours.

Is that an offer to wipe my arse, or are you referring to an agreement between Higgs and the UWE?

Either way I'm not cleaning yours.

Higgs and the Uwe

You have to say fair play to Higgs, it seems as though he had made a deal that suits all parties yet only 2 seasons ago Rovers getting a new stadium was a long standing joke

On a serious note how are Rovers funding this so they move debt free to it?

There are various figures mentioned for Ashton Vale and UWE, but the average seems to be approx £90m for Ashton Vale and approx £45m for UWE, As Ashton Vale will only have approx 10,000 more seats I can’t understand the huge difference.

Perhaps as part of City’s new financial prudence, they might build a part-finished stadium initially to save costs. (e.g. Milton Keynes). This might need some revision to the planning permission, but that’s the easy bit. Don’t think it would look very good but anything is possible.

There are various figures mentioned for Ashton Vale and UWE, but the average seems to be approx £90m for Ashton Vale and approx £45m for UWE, As Ashton Vale will only have approx 10,000 more seats I can’t understand the huge difference.

Perhaps as part of City’s new financial prudence, they might build a part-finished stadium initially to save costs. (e.g. Milton Keynes). This might need some revision to the planning permission, but that’s the easy bit. Don’t think it would look very good but anything is possible.

Isn't Ashton Vale being built so that the roof can easily lifted on both ends and the capacity increased to 40,000 at the drop of a hat?

There is an almighty row brewing about Rovers directors loans being paid off from the sale of the Mem and not enough being left over for the new stadium. The costs of that are rising fast and there is no contingency fund let alone money left over for building a decent team. The top notch planning consultants are doing a great job but behind their facade it's still the same old Rovers with the back of a fag packet sums and no idea where they are heading next. Grinning from ear to ear is £350 000 a year Professor West who heads UWE and is playing a blinder for himself and the hidden powers behind the University. Who is going to save the day, keep Rovers ticking over and have a nice new stadium on their campus ? Step forward the Merchant Venturers.

Someone said to me this week that Denis Dunford would have seen this coming a mile off but Nick Higgs just waddled straight into the trap.

There is an almighty row brewing about Rovers directors loans being paid off from the sale of the Mem and not enough being left over for the new stadium. The costs of that are rising fast and there is no contingency fund let alone money left over for building a decent team. The top notch planning consultants are doing a great job but behind their facade it's still the same old Rovers with the back of a fag packet sums and no idea where they are heading next. Grinning from ear to ear is £350 000 a year Professor West who heads UWE and is playing a blinder for himself and the hidden powers behind the University. Who is going to save the day, keep Rovers ticking over and have a nice new stadium on their campus ? Step forward the Merchant Venturers.

Someone said to me this week that Denis Dunford would have seen this coming a mile off but Nick Higgs just waddled straight into the trap.

What is all this about the Merchant Venturers?

Our stadium will be of much higher quality. Also it is a much more complex design having different types of stand, whereas the gash stadium is like Doncaster's Keepmoat except a bit bigger.

What is all this about the Merchant Venturers?

Sounds like Bert thinks that the Davinci Code was a documentary.

Not just that, the av build is more complex ad it isn't a soulless bowl

It's a 20,000 bowl with the extra 10,000 added in tiers at the sides. UWE will be a 21,700 bowl with a potential 4,300 to be added in a second tier on three sides.

Bit strong all that Bert innit??

Where did you get your facts/information/bullshit from mr Tann???????

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/104224-that-other-lot-make-me-laugh/

Some funny posts on there, we would love to be in their position? What a club with no money, an awful squad, currently a shocking stadium? Yep I would love to!

They even seem to think in 5 years time they will be ahead of us... and they also think they're going to be the Crewe of next year. Brilliant stuff from the dirty lot.

You lot are just so jealous now your ex Chairman is stuck with a large Village Green and your stadium is nothing more than a dream. Your team is lower Championship at the best and you are more likely to join us in League 1 soon than we join you in the Championship. What use will your new stadium be to you in League 1 where your current crowds will reduce? If your Ashton Vale does fall through then I can see Steve Lansdown putting a lot more money into making Bristol a Premier Rugby Club and who knows if he is silently involved in our stadium as regards Bristol Rugby.

football has always been swings and roundabouts ,perhaps our time is coming again and the "Will you ever beat the gas be ringing around your ground for years like last time.

You lot are just so jealous now your ex Chairman is stuck with a large Village Green and your stadium is nothing more than a dream. Your team is lower Championship at the best and you are more likely to join us in League 1 soon than we join you in the Championship. What use will your new stadium be to you in League 1 where your current crowds will reduce? If your Ashton Vale does fall through then I can see Steve Lansdown putting a lot more money into making Bristol a Premier Rugby Club and who knows if he is silently involved in our stadium as regards Bristol Rugby.

football has always been swings and roundabouts ,perhaps our time is coming again and the "Will you ever beat the gas be ringing around your ground for years like last time.

All of your post there is possibilities, none of it is actually likely to happen.

To respond with some possibilities, I really do not see your very poor looking squad getting promoted, you are skint and will never have the funds to push for the Championship in the near future unless a very rich man buys the club. You're new stadium will be built before ours, granted. However SL will never fully turn his attentions to Bristol Rugby and take less of an interest in BCFC as he is a loyal fan and has said he will get this stadium built no matter what.

Bristol City has more potential than Bristol Rovers but as for some of your fans already thinking you are superior to us is making me cringe. You're taking a player on trial who couldn't get a kick for us which says it all really. Start boasting about Rovers being superior than City when you actually are higher than us in the Football League ladder. Get comfortable because it will be a while.

I tend to agree with you that we won't get promoted this season as our squad is not good enough. As regards us taking a player on trial whilst he may have "hardly got a kick for you" he may be great in League 2 How he will do,neither you or I will know at the moment.Some players really hit it off with a new club,others don't. Mark McGhee seems to be mainly going for young players,your two signings so far have been from opposite ends of the scale and both could prove to be useful signings. I don't think there are many of our fans who truly think we are superior to you as lets be honest we are in League 2 and you,the Championship so the stature of the teams is shown by the Leagues we are in.

As regards SL turning his back on you I think you are wrong,surely he has already turned his back on you in that you no longer seem to have the funds that you had two or three years ago. He is and always has been an ambitious man and has clearly realised that not even his money can make you a top Championship team and on the otherhand he can see that his money COULD turn Bristol Rugby Club into a Premier Rugby Team..

Yes we are skint but in truth so are you and only Steve Lansdown has kept you from changing from Bristol City 1982 to Bristol City 2010.

Never forget that you are Bristols youngest team by an absolute mile because that 1982 is there for a reason.

Steve Lansdown has kept you from changing from Bristol City 1982 to Bristol City 2010.

Never forget that you are Bristols youngest team by an absolute mile because that 1982 is there for a reason.

And in our 30 year history we have been more successful than you in your 120 history! Floating around the 3rd and 4th divisions for 120 years! Christ, thank god I'm not a sag!

Just remember that for all your "success" that with todays rules you wouldnt even be around. I am not disputing the fact that over most of the last 12 years you have been well above us. Since your reformed in 1982 until 2000 I would question this superiority and thankfully can still remember the 3-0 at Twerton when we won the Third division Championship and where were you?????? Runners up!! I could add the 4-0 drubbing at Twerton, quite a few 2-0 wins for us and of course our most recent meeting in a competitive match where we beat you 1-0 after drawing at the Gate when all you lot thought you were so "superior" that you would build up a cricket score!!

Perhaps if we had lucky enough to have had a Steve Lansdown to pump money into the playing side then our situations would be reversed.

Anyway I respect you lot as supporting YOUR football club and likewise our supporters supporting our club rather than tagging on to support a Premier League club who have nothing to do with our City.

Archived