IGNORED

Info - Players Del Has Inquired/interested In.

cristo

As you know Del has had a busy summer trying to recruit with mixed success, but there have been lots of enquiries and players offered to Del in positions he is interested in strengthening.

Obviously City have signed Cunningham and he Was ALWAYS Dels first choice, Paul Robison from Bolton, Halford from Pompey and Naylor from Cardiff all had agents contact del, but Del always wanted Cunningham.

Amougou wasnt really considered as a long term option from Del, Keogh has always been his first choice and these talks with Cov are still ongoing with Anthony Gerrard also being strongly considered as another option. Steven McManus talks hardly got going, City can't afford his wages and he is also considering a move abroad. Other players who city have enquirer about were Shackell (faced stiff competition and pricey), Hird, Morrison and considered, but decided against Alex Bruce.....amongst others.

Boaz Myhill is Dels first choice goalkeeper, and we are waiting on it but face competition from Ipswich who have enquired since missing out on Hull new keeper, Another keeper City are considering is Tom Heaton, but without question Myhill is top of Dels tree. City also shown an interested in Pernis as a backup option, but chances are he will get snapped up.

Del isnt focusing on thE CM position, not enquiring or has any serious interest in anyone else, those thinking Buzasky since he has been released but well out of City's range......Del is looking around for a RM with Swansea seriously considering a bid for Albert.....told that he has his eyes on Feeney from Millwall if that Albert Deal goes through, again there are others as well I dot know about.

I know citys first choice was Leon Best but quickly became clear he was WELL out of our range, other players who Del has scouted towards then end of last season were McLeod from Barnet and Hume from Preston, Mcleon option wont happen but Hume is still an option.

City enquired about Ross McCormack but out of our price range, linked with Palace but wouldn't be suprised if he went to Leicester or Forest....., but he is the "type" of striker Del is looking for....also considered Conor Salmon but not the type he is looking for. Plenty of agents forwarding details to City, including Clinton Morrison!!

I know of about 50 players who have had details forwarded to City, and up to 20 odd that we have enquired in.

Any questions just ask.

As you know Del has had a busy summer trying to recruit with mixed success, but there have been lots of enquiries and players offered to Del in positions he is interested in strengthening.

Obviously City have signed Cunningham and he Was ALWAYS Dels first choice, Paul Robison from Bolton, Halford from Pompey and Naylor from Cardiff all had agents contact del, but Del always wanted Cunningham.

Amougou wasnt really considered as a long term option from Del, Keogh has always been his first choice and these talks with Cov are still ongoing with Anthony Gerrard also being strongly considered as another option. Steven McManus talks hardly got going, City can't afford his wages and he is also considering a move abroad. Other players who city have enquirer about were Shackell (faced stiff competition and pricey), Hird, Morrison and considered, but decided against Alex Bruce.....amongst others.

Boaz Myhill is Dels first choice goalkeeper, and we are waiting on it but face competition from Ipswich who have enquired since missing out on Hull new keeper, Another keeper City are considering is Tom Heaton, but without question Myhill is top of Dels tree. City also shown an interested in Pernis as a backup option, but chances are he will get snapped up.

Del isnt focusing on thE CM position, not enquiring or has any serious interest in anyone else, those thinking Buzasky since he has been released but well out of City's range......Del is looking around for a RM with Swansea seriously considering a bid for Albert.....told that he has his eyes on Feeney from Millwall if that Albert Deal goes through, again there are others as well I dot know about.

I know citys first choice was Leon Best but quickly became clear he was WELL out of our range, other players who Del has scouted towards then end of last season were McLeod from Barnet and Hume from Preston, Mcleon option wont happen but Hume is still an option.

City enquired about Ross McCormack but out of our price range, linked with Palace but wouldn't be suprised if he went to Leicester or Forest....., but he is the "type" of striker Del is looking for....also considered Conor Salmon but not the type he is looking for. Plenty of agents forwarding details to City, including Clinton Morrison!!

I know of about 50 players who have had details forwarded to City, and up to 20 odd that we have enquired in.

Any questions just ask.

Hmm. There is either a lot of truth to what you say or you are an elaborate storyteller. I would happily have Feeney instead of Albery anyday. If we can get a profit then even better - Feeney played well against us in both games last year and can cross!

All sounds interesting, mostly what we've guessed on here from info we've had except Leon Best being #1 option.

considering pompey have said all players must be shed from the wage bill are we looking there, players like Erik Huseklepp, David Norris etc? know Halford was mentioned above.

All sounds interesting, mostly what we've guessed on here from info we've had except Leon Best being #1 option.

considering pompey have said all players must be shed from the wage bill are we looking there, players like Erik Huseklepp, David Norris etc? know Halford was mentioned above.

As far as I'm aware Huskeleopp and Norris were never on our radar, the former I think is looking to head bak to Norway anyhow.....these 2 positions are areas Del hasnt looked to strengthen.

Any questions just ask.

Probably being a bit thick but I cannot understand why Amougou was not considered by Del.I thought he played really well when he came and ticked all the boxes.Strong and powerful dominated strikers and was comfortable on the ball. Maybe someone else knows why.

Probably being a bit thick but I cannot understand why Amougou was not considered by Del.I thought he played really well when he came and ticked all the boxes.Strong and powerful dominated strikers and was comfortable on the ball. Maybe someone else knows why.

Wages? Think he was a player Burnley signed on premier league wages

I think comfortable on the ball is pushing it a bit! I think he helped to give us a real shot in the arm when we needed it, but I have doubts about him long term based on what fans of some of his former clubs have said.

Not sure you'll retain those contacts after this but thanks for posting!

So Hume is the only current option on a striker?

Would be supprised if we couldn't get a Premier League striker on loan, Harry Kane for example, can see him being loaned out again.

Any questions just ask.

Will there ever be a time when 'City can afford the wages?'

Will there ever be a time when City won't have to say 'Well out of our price range?'

I thought SL always made money available if a manager wanted a player? :whistle:

Will there ever be a time when the above is mentioned after a players name but then a 'has been linked with Palace, Forest etc.'

If they can afford them why can't we?

OK I'm jesting by the way :tongue: but it really is frustrating when you read something, get to a players name and think 'yes' then reliase it ain't happening for the same old reasons season after season after season!

One day maybe! :violin:

Luke Varney? Always thought he looked more than decent.

Not sure you'll retain those contacts after this but thanks for posting!

So Hume is the only current option on a striker?

There is no question that Del is enquiring and considering more than just Hume.....wouldn't suprise me if they went back in for McCormack, but there are players like Taylor at Peterborough and Scotland at ipswich who Del has expressed an interest in previously

Is that the lad who missed two chances from about 4 yards in the Millwall home game, if so - no thanks!

18 year old who scored 7 league goals and 2 FA Cup in half a season for a millwall team who struggled to score goals, Darius Henderson scored 15 league goals in the season which was their highest, Keogh 2nd with Kane in 3rd. Think he could easily do a job as back up to Stead/Pitman.

There is no question that Del is enquiring and considering more than just Hume.....wouldn't suprise me if they went back in for McCormack, but there are players like Taylor at Peterborough and Scotland at ipswich who Del has expressed an interest in previously

I'd love it if we signed Jason Scotland!

Hmmm.... I'm afraid I'm a cynical man by nature and I'm choosing to disbelieve you. You may well have contacts and worked at city in and off, but if those contacts know who you are and see this, your income is likely to drop and those contacts will never tell you anything again

A lot of what you've said is either common knowledge, could be easily deduced from things Del has said or could never be disproven. Some of it even flies in the face of what Del himself has said, i.e. That we're looking at Hume when Del said we're only going after players from top divisions. If we subsequently sell Albert and sign Feeney I will humbly apologise, but for now I shall remain dubious

Will there ever be a time when 'City can afford the wages?'

Will there ever be a time when City won't have to say 'Well out of our price range?'

I thought SL always made money available if a manager wanted a player? :whistle:

Will there ever be a time when the above is mentioned after a players name but then a 'has been linked with Palace, Forest etc.'

If they can afford them why can't we?

OK I'm jesting by the way :tongue: but it really is frustrating when you read something, get to a players name and think 'yes' then reliase it ain't happening for the same old reasons season after season after season!

One day maybe! :violin:

I know where you are coming from but where as previously I would take "beyond our price range" to mean exactly that, under McInnes I take it to mean "we don't think he's worth that" - much more optimistic about this management regime than I have been for a while.

Also "beyond our price range" is the OPs words not city's - smells like agent speak to me.

Look at Cardiff City players coming in again Jordan Mutch,Etien Velikonja Slovenian int forward chasing South Korean int KIM BO-KYUNG FOR A REPORTED 3 MILLION outpacing some fairly big clubs if they sign him,,,wages and BCFC go together like fisn n chips wasted thousands on crap make do signings Clarkson and Campbell-Ryce the latest duds to be fired out no way will Ross McCormack come here why would he leave Leeds Utd for a struggle at the arse end of the Championship.............Taylor from Rotherham along with Woolford 2 more who will never repay the money spent quality not quantity,Jason Scotland no thanks never been impressed by him too much of a plodder.

Look at Cardiff City players coming in again Jordan Mutch,Etien Velikonja Slovenian int forward chasing South Korean int KIM BO-KYUNG FOR A REPORTED 3 MILLION outpacing some fairly big clubs if they sign him,,,wages and BCFC go together like fisn n chips wasted thousands on crap make do signings Clarkson and Campbell-Ryce the latest duds to be fired out no way will Ross McCormack come here why would he leave Leeds Utd for a struggle at the arse end of the Championship.............Taylor from Rotherham along with Woolford 2 more who will never repay the money spent quality not quantity,Jason Scotland no thanks never been impressed by him too much of a plodder.

Did you miss the part where Cardiff sold their soul in return for a £100million war chest...? Of course they are going to be bringing in some good players for some serious money. They have it. We Don't. Simples!!

Archived