IGNORED

Info - Players Del Has Inquired/interested In.

cristo

Hmmm.... I'm afraid I'm a cynical man by nature and I'm choosing to disbelieve you. You may well have contacts and worked at city in and off, but if those contacts know who you are and see this, your income is likely to drop and those contacts will never tell you anything again

A lot of what you've said is either common knowledge, could be easily deduced from things Del has said or could never be disproven. Some of it even flies in the face of what Del himself has said, i.e. That we're looking at Hume when Del said we're only going after players from top divisions. If we subsequently sell Albert and sign Feeney I will humbly apologise, but for now I shall remain dubious

Enquiring and signing are 2 very different things!!!

Did you miss the part where Cardiff sold their soul in return for a £100million war chest...? Of course they are going to be bringing in some good players for some serious money. They have it. We Don't. Simples!!

Not sure they do have it.

According to what i was reading last week their owners are fully intent on recovering what money they put into the club.

If they dont get promotion in the next few years they could be in big trouble.

They already owe a fortune and even more debt is being built up on the gamble of the premier league.

Give me Steve Lansdown any day.

As you know Del has had a busy summer trying to recruit with mixed success, but there have been lots of enquiries and players offered to Del in positions he is interested in strengthening.

Obviously City have signed Cunningham and he Was ALWAYS Dels first choice, Paul Robison from Bolton, Halford from Pompey and Naylor from Cardiff all had agents contact del, but Del always wanted Cunningham.

Amougou wasnt really considered as a long term option from Del, Keogh has always been his first choice and these talks with Cov are still ongoing with Anthony Gerrard also being strongly considered as another option. Steven McManus talks hardly got going, City can't afford his wages and he is also considering a move abroad. Other players who city have enquirer about were Shackell (faced stiff competition and pricey), Hird, Morrison and considered, but decided against Alex Bruce.....amongst others.

Boaz Myhill is Dels first choice goalkeeper, and we are waiting on it but face competition from Ipswich who have enquired since missing out on Hull new keeper, Another keeper City are considering is Tom Heaton, but without question Myhill is top of Dels tree. City also shown an interested in Pernis as a backup option, but chances are he will get snapped up.

Del isnt focusing on thE CM position, not enquiring or has any serious interest in anyone else, those thinking Buzasky since he has been released but well out of City's range......Del is looking around for a RM with Swansea seriously considering a bid for Albert.....told that he has his eyes on Feeney from Millwall if that Albert Deal goes through, again there are others as well I dot know about.

I know citys first choice was Leon Best but quickly became clear he was WELL out of our range, other players who Del has scouted towards then end of last season were McLeod from Barnet and Hume from Preston, Mcleon option wont happen but Hume is still an option.

City enquired about Ross McCormack but out of our price range, linked with Palace but wouldn't be suprised if he went to Leicester or Forest....., but he is the "type" of striker Del is looking for....also considered Conor Salmon but not the type he is looking for. Plenty of agents forwarding details to City, including Clinton Morrison!!

I know of about 50 players who have had details forwarded to City, and up to 20 odd that we have enquired in.

Any questions just ask.

Whats the weather going to be like from saturday onwards in hampshire?? Im going on a fishing trip.

Not sure they do have it.

According to what i was reading last week their owners are fully intent on recovering what money they put into the club.

If they dont get promotion in the next few years they could be in big trouble.

They already owe a fortune and even more debt is being built up on the gamble of the premier league.

Give me Steve Lansdown any day.

They DO have it though - that is why they are able to spend big.

I totally agree that I would have SL everyday over some dodgy foreign money man.

I hope it all goes tits up for them and they finally self implode, however my earlier point was simply relating to the fact that they can and are splashing the cash atm.

They DO have it though - that is why they are able to spend big.

I totally agree that I would have SL everyday over some dodgy foreign money man.

I hope it all goes tits up for them and they finally self implode, however my earlier point was simply relating to the fact that they can and are splashing the cash atm.

Yep agree there.

They do have the money to spash around at the moment but in the long term they are taking some pretty big risks.

Always seem to be a club on the edge of financial meltdown but somehow keep going.

Hopefully there big crash is just around the corner.

Thay deserve it when it comes.

Did you miss the part where Cardiff sold their soul in return for a £100million war chest...? Of course they are going to be bringing in some good players for some serious money. They have it. We Don't. Simples!!

That is modern football horrible greed ridden and corrupt Cardiff have got away with it and Portsmouth haven't. My concern is don't make anymore cheap-jack stop gap signings chucking more money down the pan.

The OP is talking made up bollocks.

Well it's not all bollocks, alot of it is true and available from press releases, interviews etc. Then woven together with some opinion which is difficult to prove or disprove.

Bloody well thought out first post if you ask me. 10/10.

Registered with the forum today I see, is it a second user name for an existing poster having a bit of fun?

I wouldn't have the patience to put something like that together.

OP seems reasonable to me - its quite a neat summary of the yards of speculation on here for the last few weeks if nothing else. Not really bothered if the source is good or not - there are few definitive points being made anyway.

I cannot understand why some posters on here want / expect marquee signings, whilst in the next breath compalining about the quality / attitude of some of the bigger names we have taken on in previous seasons. At our level, paying big money guarantees nothing - and we are no more attractive to players becoming available than any other team in our league - why should we be? We barely scraped our way out of the relegation places last season.

IMO we will see a couple more signings of average championship players and maybe a couple of loanees - and del will look to get us to lower / middle level in the coming season. As a club we dont currently have the momentum that promoted clubs have or the funding / talent of the relegated prem clubs - to become a challenger again is going to take 4/5 seasons in my view (assuming we dont have any major setbacks).

As you know Del has had a busy summer trying to recruit with mixed success, but there have been lots of enquiries and players offered to Del in positions he is interested in strengthening.

Obviously City have signed Cunningham and he Was ALWAYS Dels first choice, Paul Robison from Bolton, Halford from Pompey and Naylor from Cardiff all had agents contact del, but Del always wanted Cunningham.

Amougou wasnt really considered as a long term option from Del, Keogh has always been his first choice and these talks with Cov are still ongoing with Anthony Gerrard also being strongly considered as another option. Steven McManus talks hardly got going, City can't afford his wages and he is also considering a move abroad. Other players who city have enquirer about were Shackell (faced stiff competition and pricey), Hird, Morrison and considered, but decided against Alex Bruce.....amongst others.

Boaz Myhill is Dels first choice goalkeeper, and we are waiting on it but face competition from Ipswich who have enquired since missing out on Hull new keeper, Another keeper City are considering is Tom Heaton, but without question Myhill is top of Dels tree. City also shown an interested in Pernis as a backup option, but chances are he will get snapped up.

Del isnt focusing on thE CM position, not enquiring or has any serious interest in anyone else, those thinking Buzasky since he has been released but well out of City's range......Del is looking around for a RM with Swansea seriously considering a bid for Albert.....told that he has his eyes on Feeney from Millwall if that Albert Deal goes through, again there are others as well I dot know about.

I know citys first choice was Leon Best but quickly became clear he was WELL out of our range, other players who Del has scouted towards then end of last season were McLeod from Barnet and Hume from Preston, Mcleon option wont happen but Hume is still an option.

City enquired about Ross McCormack but out of our price range, linked with Palace but wouldn't be suprised if he went to Leicester or Forest....., but he is the "type" of striker Del is looking for....also considered Conor Salmon but not the type he is looking for. Plenty of agents forwarding details to City, including Clinton Morrison!!

I know of about 50 players who have had details forwarded to City, and up to 20 odd that we have enquired in.

Any questions just ask.

Jimmer, is that you?

Any questions just ask.

There are a lot of crap players in that post.

If Leon Best was our #1 target then god help us. I'd be disappointed if we signed him on a free let alone spent the £3 million of whatever Blackburn spent on him!

Jimmer, is that you?

Let try not to 'out' the OP if we can help it please lads and lasses. IF the OP is working or has worked at BCFC, they still might be awaiting their last pay packet or be hoping to get a good reference from BCFC (should they be one of the unfortunate staff to have lost their jobs).

Any questions just ask.

Who were the 50 players put to us and who are the 20 we have enquired about?

Only Amougou, Buzasky and McCormack excite me out of the players you mention and these three are not even options.

Being realistic though Myhill, Gerrard and Hume will do.

The OP - Is clearly Jimmer, fairplay to him - i too woulod be pretty p----d if i was let go, no harm done

Any more info Jimmer !??

It clearly isn't - I have spoken to him directly and he assures me it isn't him. It's the former bellend poster known as Volta/Bangers

Will there ever be a time when 'City can afford the wages?'

Unless we add ten thousand to the gate then probably not

Will there ever be a time when City won't have to say 'Well out of our price range?'

I thought SL always made money available if a manager wanted a player? :whistle:

As above. SL does put his hand in his pocket, however even multi-millionaires have limits

Will there ever be a time when the above is mentioned after a players name but then a 'has been linked with Palace, Forest etc.'

If they can afford them why can't we?

Forest get bigger gates and Palace keep going broke. dont forget Tango took them to the edge!

OK I'm jesting by the way :tongue: but it really is frustrating when you read something, get to a players name and think 'yes' then reliase it ain't happening for the same old reasons season after season after season!

Yep it is!!!

One day maybe! :violin:

I bloody hope so!

guys i have no idea who the OP is but can we please not try to "out" any current or former employees of the club? how is that helping anybody?

i personallly know people who have lost their jobs as a direct result of things posted on this forum and of course that's no fun at all for anyone

surely the content of the post is what is to be discussed, rather than to throw around random identities which could lead to legal action potentially (no idea)

Archived