IGNORED

Great Footage

Lew-T

The best 6 minutes of City footage I've seen for a long while!! Amazing!! An Atyeo goal I haven't seen before and that Paul Mardon goal against Forest were my highlights! I had the Mardon goal on video once but lost it so it was great to see it again. I've still got somewhere Alan Green's commentary of this match and his reaction when City scored after we spent the first hour or so defending like Trojans was awesome. Comments such as 'Steve Sutton hasn't had a save to make all night' and 'Nottingham Forest 0 Bristol City 1 - Would you believe it!' come to mind. I also remember he thought Mark Gavin had scored and after a few minutes corrected his mistake. The atmosphere was brilliant that game with Forest top of the old Division 1 unbeatable at the time. We were on the standing terrace and I remember moving what seemed a mile away from where I stood when the corowd celebrated that goal. It was a shame that John Pender scored that OG near the end as it would have been the perfect night. That cup run was brilliant!! Walshy hitting the post near at the end of the second leg comes to mind too on what was a quagmire of a pitch.........here it is as a reminder.....

Wished I'd kept my old videos now recorded mostly from around that period and into the early nineties. Nice to see some Bob Taylor footage too. One of the videos I got rid to my regret was his INCREDIBLE hat-trick in the 5-0 drubbing at Swansea. Exciting football and always entertaining win or lose. During Bob's time we won more than we didn't.....

The best 6 minutes of City footage I've seen for a long while!! Amazing!! An Atyeo goal I haven't seen before and that Paul Mardon goal against Forest were my highlights! I had the Mardon goal on video once but lost it so it was great to see it again. I've still got somewhere Alan Green's commentary of this match and his reaction when City scored after we spent the first hour or so defending like Trojans was awesome. Comments such as 'Steve Sutton hasn't had a save to make all night' and 'Nottingham Forest 0 Bristol City 1 - Would you believe it!' come to mind. I also remember he thought Mark Gavin had scored and after a few minutes corrected his mistake. The atmosphere was brilliant that game with Forest top of the old Division 1 unbeatable at the time. We were on the standing terrace and I remember moving what seemed a mile away from where I stood when the corowd celebrated that goal. It was a shame that John Pender scored that OG near the end as it would have been the perfect night. That cup run was brilliant!! Walshy hitting the post near at the end of the second leg comes to mind too on what was a quagmire of a pitch.........here it is as a reminder.....

Wished I'd kept my old videos now recorded mostly from around that period and into the early nineties. Nice to see some Bob Taylor footage too. One of the videos I got rid to my regret was his INCREDIBLE hat-trick in the 5-0 drubbing at Swansea. Exciting football and always entertaining win or lose. During Bob's time we won more than we didn't.....

That atmosphere is incredible.

Archived