IGNORED

Bountyhunter 2012/2013

CyderInACan

I heard from a friend of friend who knows those involved that the Bountyhunter, the original fanzine from I think the late 80s, is going to be making a comeback this season!

Anybody else know or heard anything about this? Or have I just been drinking(Natch) with the wrong people!? Definitely happening I am very reliably informed, me mate's even seen a couple of articles. They've still got it allegedly.

I heard from a friend of friend who knows those involved that the Bountyhunter, the original fanzine from I think the late 80s, is going to be making a comeback this season!

Anybody else know or heard anything about this? Or have I just been drinking(Natch) with the wrong people!? Definitely happening I am very reliably informed, me mate's even seen a couple of articles. They've still got it allegedly.

Never read the Bountyhunter but always been a fan of OTIB.

In the day of everything Internet. Is there really the demand for a 2nd fanzine.

I heard the same, CiderInaCan. Dunno if my mate's your mate's mate? I saw an article he showed me, about away trips, it was hilarious. They haven't lost it, whoever they are. Don't worry, otib/Tomarse, they ain't out to take anyone's spot, jsut to add to the opinion I think. Otib readers are loyal and won't desert you!

Brilliant fanzine. Only ever read a couple copies (one had a picture of Gerry Francis on the cover topless with two women under a headline calling him 'Fruity Francis', or something like that). I thought it was brilliant, I'd love to get hold of some old copies.

Wasn't it the Bountyhunter that ran a 'Support Rovers move to Mansfield' campaign when they were looking to build a stadium at Mangotsfield? Genius.

Wasn't it the Bountyhunter that ran a 'Support Rovers move to Mansfield' campaign when they were looking to build a stadium at Mangotsfield? Genius.

Indeed it was.

Very, very funny magazine. That Mansfield campaign still makes me chuckle every time I think of it.

I heard the same, CiderInaCan. Dunno if my mate's your mate's mate? I saw an article he showed me, about away trips, it was hilarious. They haven't lost it, whoever they are. Don't worry, otib/Tomarse, they ain't out to take anyone's spot, jsut to add to the opinion I think. Otib readers are loyal and won't desert you!

I'm not talking about here, I'm talking about the fanzine obviously.

The Bountyhunter if it appeared would be no competition for the One team in Bristol fanzine as it occupied a different and less conservative niche. Todays modern fan might struggle with its off the wall leftfield outlook mind.

spose it's a bit like Viz meets Otib in a off the wall leftfield kinda way

I'm not talking about here, I'm talking about the fanzine obviously.

Indeed, I was talking about loyal readers of the fanzine, too - they wouldn't be doing anything online I don't think from what my mate says. And would only want to add to otib's paper-produced opinions. I know they respect otib! Would be good to have alternative views, all valid, and as others are saying they would come from a slightly different angle, I think! and I reckon people could afford to buy both (remember how irregularly they appared, they'll not be out every month!!) Not competition with otib, more an addition to the market. Pretty sure from what I understand they've been readers of otib and all the other 'zines over the years anyway.

anybody else think they'd buy it?

Still have several copies of what was at the time a groundbreaker in the new "fanzine" culture - always a good larf and never too slow or pompous to take the p155 out of ourselves (club & supporters)

My fave was the old sun style photo cartoon story of Jordan buying Maradonna and then leaving him on the bench because he was "nae tall enoof" and had a "Loot tae lerne laddie"

If memory serves it used to be a fairly sporadic publication, which only served to heighten "excitement" (not quite the right word, but you get me) when word spread (remember there were no mobiles, twitter or Facebook then!) through the easy end that a new one was out. Again, iirc there were only 8 issues over a 4 year period?

Would love to see it back. I wonder what the Bounty Hunter would've made of all the things that've happened since it stopped? Now there's an idea . . .

It will have moved on with the times.

Twenty eight pages of adverts, sponsored by McDonalds and a feature on City's players in fab new kits.

Only 28 pages?! Nah, they aren't that bad/clever, I don't think!

Rumour's doing the rounds fast, just had txt from a mate, so I've signed up and logged on to see what all the fuss is about. Funny I heard a similar thing too, from a mate, kiddy who drinks in the Hen & C, said he heard the same about a month ago. Didn't think much about it, as they're have been rumours like that over the years about them. Worse than rumours about the bleedin' Stone Roses reforming.

Room for them and otib, tho, very different styles and opinions/angles.

They had a great sense of humour - irreverent spoofs, more serious pieces with funny gags in it, daft names for the authors. You don't lose that or an opinion even if you don't go to every game.

I'd buy it.

How can we find out if its true? Anybody know them personally?

Never read the Bountyhunter but always been a fan of OTIB.

In the day of everything Internet. Is there really the demand for a 2nd fanzine.

You should get a copy young'un (no ofence - I presume you maybe a young'un if you haven't read it. Correct me if I'm wrong!). They led the way, first one in Bristol, from '88 to '92 I think. Without them there'd may not have been otib, Take Yer Seats, The InCider (other old fanzines) etc. Don't know where you'd get a copy, mind, they were like gold dust. As RegC says, there was a buzz when they were about to hit the streets. Otib's great, and if you like that, you'll most probably like The Bunter as it's nickname was. Someone told me there was a thread on here a while back about it, seems like a lot of people liked it lot. And surely the people buying then, a lot of them still go and would buy it (and the otib).

Personally I'd splash the cash on it.

If it DOES come back I hope it is true to it's roots and doesn't try to be some newfangled twitter/facebook online thingy. :surrender:

Cowshed - could you really imagine a corporate version of it? No, nor can I!!!

I believe it's at least some of the same people as 20 years ago with the same, maybe slightly more mature outlook.

They aren't the sort to faff about with all that online stuff I'd hope. Online is for unchecked ramblings as seen on here.

Surely its got to be good if it comes back? Something to rival OTIB, might make the both of them better.

OTIB isn't even fit to be compared to bountyhunter. anyone remember another one called over the gate i think it was?? i'd love to have all my old fanzines back, my mum god bless her, chucked them all when i moved out of home many years back :(

The Bountyhunter was pure class, if this is true then I'm one happy person :)

Definitely true, PortlandBill. Got me mate to check with the brother he knows whose involved. Looking like it'll be more of the saem, he says, like they never went away. Said they'd been tempted to come back before, during the Johnson days, but never got round to it, doing other 'artistic' things instead whatever that was. Says they are quite excited by the McInnes vibe and want to be involved again. Be good if oneof them actually personally came on and posted, wouldn't it?

Still, when it comes out, PortlandBill, i don't think you'll be the only happy one.

Archived