IGNORED

Bountyhunter 2012/2013

CyderInACan

Seeing that as of the 3 brothers who started The Bountyhunter one doesn't go anymore and another only goes now and again I'd doubt very much that this was true.

Nah, they definitely go. One is in the EE I think, another in the Atyeo a lot of games, and the third, although sporadic still makes it to games. They knew their stuff, mind. When you got it, you got it. Not many could be so funny about Gerry Francis issue after issue. Cuttingedge and hilarious.

Didn't they donate proceeds of one of the issues to the Children's Hospital, too? I seem to remembr it saying so in one of the issues.

Agreed it'd be good to hear from them. Still, when it comes out I reckon it'll be a top read. Can't wait. Anyone know when...?

Definitely true, PortlandBill. Got me mate to check with the brother he knows whose involved. Looking like it'll be more of the saem, he says, like they never went away. Said they'd been tempted to come back before, during the Johnson days, but never got round to it, doing other 'artistic' things instead whatever that was. Says they are quite excited by the McInnes vibe and want to be involved again. Be good if oneof them actually personally came on and posted, wouldn't it?

Still, when it comes out, PortlandBill, i don't think you'll be the only happy one.

Nice one mate, looking forward to reading it already. Even though otib is a decent fanzine the Bountyhunter was miles ahead.

Looking forward to this too. Hopefully out in time for the Cardiff game seeing as they are the new sags - lots of cross Severn ammunition too given their current, ahem, re-brand!

Blimey, football really has changed in the last 20 years, eh!

Nothing like Otib. One of those responsible was an ex Punk [i think?] and it had a more street conscious Punk fanzine feel to it.

Agreed, was not like anything else. How could it have been when it came out first? Don't forget it was out before any other fanzine in Bristol, in'88, and was ahead of the game even then. Lot's of other club's fanzine's 'borrowed' ideas from them, as well as other City fanzines.

My mate's text me this avvo to say he's seen some more of it, says it is absolutley spot on, some really funny stuff and some proper up-to-date serious articles, real mix of the two aparently

RegC - you reckon it'll be out for the Cardiff game then, that soon?

EnclosureSurge - ha! Perhaps the Cardiff game was a bit of an ambitious shout, I think that was the anticipation geting the better of me (that, and the gin) but I wonder how quickly they can get together for publication? Wouldn't the next issue technically be Issue 9?

Can anyone on this thread help me out with a back issue of No 7? (I have 3 issues tucked away somewhere with my, ahem, programs)The one that stands out for me from the covers was the one with the photo of Joe Jordan (season 89/90 I guess) entitled "Head and Shoulders Above the Rest" - a treasured momento of probably the best season of football I'll ever see down AG (or even AV, fingers crossed)

EnclosureSurge - ha! Perhaps the Cardiff game was a bit of an ambitious shout, I think that was the anticipation geting the better of me (that, and the gin) but I wonder how quickly they can get together for publication? Wouldn't the next issue technically be Issue 9?

Can anyone on this thread help me out with a back issue of No 7? (I have 3 issues tucked away somewhere with my, ahem, programs)The one that stands out for me from the covers was the one with the photo of Joe Jordan (season 89/90 I guess) entitled "Head and Shoulders Above the Rest" - a treasured momento of probably the best season of football I'll ever see down AG (or even AV, fingers crossed)

I've never seen no.7, I only managed to buy 2,4,5,6 and 8. 3 had Cloughie on the front, thats all i remember, from the LC run to the semis in 89.

Enclosure/RegC - definitely out early this season, they've got loads written and ready aparently. Don't know exactly whitch game but palace or cardiff would make sense. Hope so, be good to have them back.

If anyone out there know's them, get them to post on here!

If it DOES come back I hope it is true to it's roots and doesn't try to be some newfangled twitter/facebook online thingy. :surrender:

Cowshed - could you really imagine a corporate version of it? No, nor can I!!!

Even the Sex Pistols got old, and one advertises butter.

At the time it seemed like part of something new and alternative. Looking back it was thoroughly entertaining, laugh out loud at times, but fans since have gone onto to do more than sell opinion. I will look forward to it if it appears.

Having spoken to one of the 3 brothers by e-mail last night he confirmed that it is true and that it should see the light of day in the first month of the season.

Reg, Hunstile, there was no edition 7, as due to their legendary "organisation" they never got round to it, so by the time they did they numbered the next one 8, due to the long gap...

Looking forward to this too. Hopefully out in time for the Cardiff game seeing as they are the new sags - lots of cross Severn ammunition too given their current, ahem, re-brand!

Blimey, football really has changed in the last 20 years, eh!

Most clubs back then had terraces when the bountyhunter appeared and the fanzine had articles about the dolman enclosure and EE now that culture has virtually gone.

Even the Sex Pistols got old, and one advertises butter.

At the time it seemed like part of something new and alternative. Looking back it was thoroughly entertaining, laugh out loud at times, but fans since have gone onto to do more than sell opinion. I will look forward to it if it appears.

Most clubs back then had terraces when the bountyhunter appeared and the fanzine had articles about the dolman enclosure and EE now that culture has virtually gone.

Cowshed: bit rough to compare them to the Pistols! They ain't that ugly! I know all three of them and they may not be handsome, but...! I have been working with them a bit on the new issue and its more than just selling opiion, for sure. They won't mind me saying it is class what theyve put together. Up-to-date and funny, but still true to there original style and ethos. You'll like it.

Red Knowle: agree that the culture of standing/singing has gone largely, but you look at the Forza EE lot and there trying to create a bit of a special atmosphere with non-stop singing, flags, colour graffiti etc. Doing a godd job, to. As others say on this thread you dont lose that ability and I can vouch for it being as classy as before if not better and still very relevant.

As I understand it, gonna be ready for either Palace (h) or Cardiff (h). Gonna be a great read.

Wowzers - looks like me mate was right then about this. That is some very good news for an otherwise fairly uninspiring pre-season. This time next week it's the Gerry Gow game at AG and the Scotland tour as well so things should start getting a bit more exciting on and OFF the field then by t'sounds of it.

In the space of a few days this has gone from cider-related tittle-tattle to a confirmed scoop! Anybody got any more info???

COYR!!!!

agree that the culture of standing/singing has gone largely, but you look at the Forza EE lot and there trying to create a bit of a special atmosphere with non-stop singing, flags, colour graffiti etc. Doing a godd job, to. As others say on this thread you dont lose that ability and I can vouch for it being as classy as before if not better and still very relevant.

As I understand it, gonna be ready for either Palace (h) or Cardiff (h). Gonna be a great read.

If thats details for anything might want to ask around. I will look out for the fanzine.

Guys

First time poster so I just know you'll go easy on me :-). Heard thru the grapevine of this thread as am a mate of the legendary (he reckons) Arthur Skemp. Arthur contributed with the 3 brothers and others on the original 7/8(?) editions of the BH and to use the cliches so common place this time of year, he says 'I've been to meet the management (of the BH) and really liked what they had to say. They are clearly a magazine going places and I'd like to be part of that again'.

It really appears to be all systems go as Pitmann and others have said/intimated.

Pity poor Arthurs pre-season though, after 20 years of retirement. Only got asked in the week if he'd like to dust down the 2012 equivalent of the typewriter and ribbon again. So he's genning up on Microsoft Word, learning that 11-14pts is a font size and not a Millenesque October points target (if you're optimistic) and that 'cutting and pasting' really does not have to involve a pair of scissors and some Evostik. He reckons the deadline for submissions is next weekend in order for the mag/zine to hit the streets first or second league match.

Cheers.

If thats details for anything might want to ask around. I will look out for the fanzine.

Great that you'll look out for it, I'll let the kiddys involved know. I'll also try and find out exactly when its gonner be ready, and post it here.

How do you mean asking round, Red Knowle?

Guys

First time poster so I just know you'll go easy on me :-). Heard thru the grapevine of this thread as am a mate of the legendary (he reckons) Arthur Skemp. Arthur contributed with the 3 brothers and others on the original 7/8(?) editions of the BH and to use the cliches so common place this time of year, he says 'I've been to meet the management (of the BH) and really liked what they had to say. They are clearly a magazine going places and I'd like to be part of that again'.

It really appears to be all systems go as Pitmann and others have said/intimated.

Pity poor Arthurs pre-season though, after 20 years of retirement. Only got asked in the week if he'd like to dust down the 2012 equivalent of the typewriter and ribbon again. So he's genning up on Microsoft Word, learning that 11-14pts is a font size and not a Millenesque October points target (if you're optimistic) and that 'cutting and pasting' really does not have to involve a pair of scissors and some Evostik. He reckons the deadline for submissions is next weekend in order for the mag/zine to hit the streets first or second league match.

Cheers.

Interesting British Steel...

Wasn't Arthur Skemp one of the 'names' of the blokes who wrote an article, i presume not his real name?? It was a nightmare away trips article i think, to huddersfiled or bury or some gawdawful place up north.

so if hes coming back it sounds like whole crew wil be?? they used some daft names for their writing, was part of the fun and mystery about it. dont know how they managed to stay so anonymous in those days everyone knew each other more or less. there cartoons were mint too, like someone said there was that one about maradona not getting a game cos he was too short, and another about gary stanley looking like captin caveman, and one of roger malone with massive glasses, remember him??

haven't seen or found out what the cover will be from my mate, they were always a treat. After all this time what do you come back with?

Great news that the Bounty Hunter will be making a return - easily the best fanzine ever. Welcome back boys.

I was in the pub with one of the brothers a few months ago and was pleased to see he still carries his original drafting of "We All Live in A Cider Submarine". I think I've got a pic somewhere - I'll try to dig it out. This is the song which eventually morphed into Bounce Around the Ground.

I did ask him at the time if there was any chance of them making a comeback and he was very coy about it. I'm delighted this is on it's way back - they are some incredibly funny fellows.

Well if they are coming back I just hope that the board have invested in some new talent. You can't just hope that the same old faces can produce the goods after such a long spell on the side lines. We all know that the spine of the team was good, hope they can strengthen the squad with some astute signings. I love the smell of The Bounty Hunter in the morning!

Well if they are coming back I just hope that the board have invested in some new talent. You can't just hope that the same old faces can produce the goods after such a long spell on the side lines. We all know that the spine of the team was good, hope they can strengthen the squad with some astute signings. I love the smell of The Bounty Hunter in the morning!

oldie, I heard they were being creative in other channels in the interveening years. I think the spine of the team have still got plenty of life in them yet from what i've heard. There were always other names in and around the posse, enough to keep the vibe strong and fresh. Can't have changed, always the effort of a collective.

Great news that the Bounty Hunter will be making a return - easily the best fanzine ever. Welcome back boys.

I was in the pub with one of the brothers a few months ago and was pleased to see he still carries his original drafting of "We All Live in A Cider Submarine". I think I've got a pic somewhere - I'll try to dig it out. This is the song which eventually morphed into Bounce Around the Ground.

I did ask him at the time if there was any chance of them making a comeback and he was very coy about it. I'm delighted this is on it's way back - they are some incredibly funny fellows.

I'd heard this was more of a collaborative piece - but a top terrace tune nonetheless

I'd heard this was more of a collaborative piece - but a top terrace tune nonetheless

Yeah, think the bloke who came up with that sang it in the Dolman in front of B Block one dyer game a few years back, midweek game I think.

Not sure about a collaborative effort tho dont know where you herd that. Word was he thought it up by himslef but some other kiddy said he was there to. Not sure really. Doesnt matter eh.

Agreed though CiderInACan, great terrace anthem.

Wonder if it will be included in the next issue. Great songs of our time or something. The mind boggles what theyll have come up with in twenty years.

Which pub was that in Harry? Mite have been there myself...

Yeah, think the bloke who came up with that sang it in the Dolman in front of B Block one dyer game a few years back, midweek game I think.

Not sure about a collaborative effort tho dont know where you herd that. Word was he thought it up by himslef but some other kiddy said he was there to. Not sure really. Doesnt matter eh.

Agreed though CiderInACan, great terrace anthem.

Wonder if it will be included in the next issue. Great songs of our time or something. The mind boggles what theyll have come up with in twenty years.

Which pub was that in Harry? Mite have been there myself...

Yeah, I often heard another fella laying claim to be the lyricist - although I did hear he only provided the part of "Taunton Deane" to rhyme with "It helps I dream"?

As for the boozer in question, twas one fine night down at BS3, and I was definitely in there with the phantom lyricist, you may well have been in there too Surge.

Anyhow - great songs of our time sounds magic. There's been some classics down the years. There's still plenty enough witty banter around inspite of the loss of the terraces. Hopefully these Bountyhunter boys can bring some of that old terrace humour back to life.

Nah, they definitely go. One is in the EE I think, another in the Atyeo a lot of games, and the third, although sporadic still makes it to games. They knew their stuff, mind. When you got it, you got it. Not many could be so funny about Gerry Francis issue after issue. Cuttingedge and hilarious.

Didn't they donate proceeds of one of the issues to the Children's Hospital, too? I seem to remembr it saying so in one of the issues.

Agreed it'd be good to hear from them. Still, when it comes out I reckon it'll be a top read. Can't wait. Anyone know when...?

No, Graham is right. As Tony recently got married and his brothers have very little interest any more, I doubt it very much.

No, Graham is right. As Tony recently got married and his brothers have very little interest any more, I doubt it very much.

Yeah, think the bloke who came up with that sang it in the Dolman in front of B Block one dyer game a few years back

I remember that. Fkin hilarious! He serenaded the entire stand.

I've been told by a very reliable source that there is new Bountyhunter material going to print soon.

Keep them eyes peeled, fellas

I remember that. Fkin hilarious! He serenaded the entire stand.

I've been told by a very reliable source that there is new Bountyhunter material going to print soon.

Keep them eyes peeled, fellas

So who was he that bloke?

This is great news.

I missed the original publications, but have heard legendary tales about the Bountyhunter.

Tell us some of them tales Welshback...

Archived