IGNORED

Bountyhunter 2012/2013

CyderInACan

No, Graham is right. As Tony recently got married and his brothers have very little interest any more, I doubt it very much.

I was with the youngest Tony on the weekend. He was explaining they wrote a whole load of stuff around the GJ promotion then binned it thinking it wasn't good enough. man where's that bin to?

They are definitely doing it Orbital - I seen several pages now. Tone's sworn me to secrecy not to say to much and I dont think he comes on here to often but I saw one double-page laying into Maynard. Funniest thing theyve ever done IMO. He said it was him and his eldest bro wrote it. Just wait, boys! I'm telling you its proper good.

I spoke to one of the brothers last night. He said it should be out for the Palarse game. It's been a long absence but the articles I've seen look to have maintained the style and humour of the past. Can't wait to see the complete mag.

Like the man with the orthopaedic shoe, I stand corrected. The Bountyhunter is returning. I have been in touch with the boys themselves and have been forwarded new material from the next edition. Safe to say they have picked up where they left off with their blend of wit, nostalgia and all things related BCFC. Guaranteed to be a very welcome return for the best ever City fanzine.

Like the man with the orthopaedic shoe, I stand corrected. The Bountyhunter is returning. I have been in touch with the boys themselves and have been forwarded new material from the next edition. Safe to say they have picked up where they left off with their blend of wit, nostalgia and all things related BCFC. Guaranteed to be a very welcome return for the best ever City fanzine.

Great! This should really add to the renewed 'feel good factor'.

Happy days (hopefully)

Can't imagine that it'll be anything other than a treat when it comes back - and obviously that is a WHEN not an IF.

I think somewhere on this thread someone has wondered if it could recapture the rich vein of form from those halcyon days of the late 80s/early 90s & I'd honestly imagine that would be a firm "yes". If you're funny, you're funny. Just think how much material practically writes itself; let alone what you could come up with a smidgen of craftsmanship. Oh, and cider. Lots & lots of cider.

Can't imagine that it'll be anything other than a treat when it comes back - and obviously that is a WHEN not an IF.

I think somewhere on this thread someone has wondered if it could recapture the rich vein of form from those halcyon days of the late 80s/early 90s & I'd honestly imagine that would be a firm "yes". If you're funny, you're funny. Just think how much material practically writes itself; let alone what you could come up with a smidgen of craftsmanship. Oh, and cider. Lots & lots of cider.

Can you please refrain from using the word 'smidgen' on this forum again. I was always taught at school that this word was only to be used by men of the feminine persuasion. Mods - ban him!

Good work there SuperDziek, what I'd give to hear a rousing chorus of the "Badge Cock" song ringing around AG.

I can't claim to have the lyrics in my wallet, but no one can ever deny that is indeed a corker of a song from another fabulous away trip (Wembley 2000) soured somewhat only by the 90 mins of football!!!

I'VE GOT A BADGE . . .

Interesting British Steel...

Wasn't Arthur Skemp one of the 'names' of the blokes who wrote an article, i presume not his real name?? It was a nightmare away trips article i think, to huddersfiled or bury or some gawdawful place up north.

so if hes coming back it sounds like whole crew wil be?? they used some daft names for their writing, was part of the fun and mystery about it. dont know how they managed to stay so anonymous in those days everyone knew each other more or less. there cartoons were mint too, like someone said there was that one about maradona not getting a game cos he was too short, and another about gary stanley looking like captin caveman, and one of roger malone with massive glasses, remember him??

haven't seen or found out what the cover will be from my mate, they were always a treat. After all this time what do you come back with?

Tranmere actually Arthur tells me. Friday night trip in our 89/90 promotion season. Lost 0-6 but, bizarrely, Arthur reckons it was a great evening out. Anyone else make that trip?

Speaking of that season, Great to see Super Bob back at The Gate today paying tribute to a True City Legend, 'He's Here He's There He's Every *******where Gerry Gow Gerry Gow. ' Nice to see all the young uns singing along too.

I was in the pub with one of the brothers a few months ago and was pleased to see he still carries his original drafting of "We All Live in A Cider Submarine". I think I've got a pic somewhere - I'll try to dig it out. This is the song which eventually morphed into Bounce Around the Ground.

Mccartney -Lennon - YSC?

• Admin

Can confirm that this is infact true

Ironically one of my team at work is a very good artist, he has been approached to do some artwork for the next edition.

It is hoped it will be ready for the Palace game, but may be more likely out for the Cardiff game.

Just found out one of the brothers works on the same site as me

Evenin' all,

(Whaddya mean it's 03:20 am!)

As a new'un to the Forum, as it were, I come bearing good news. Or bad, depending on your bent. (Sorry, you wot? Wot dew jess call me? - ed.)

Er, anyway, to be brief (do try - ed.) as a member of the Bountyhunter team I can confirm that I have just returned from the printers, the best of very good mates of ours, carteroliverprintsolutions in deepest Bishopsworth (great plug! - ed.) and delivered the next issue of the Bounthyhunter!

I can confirm that The Bountyhunter's next issue WILL be on sale for the Palace and Cardiff games at a selection of the finest local drinking establishments...

I will tweet, twoot, twonk, post on here the exact locations in the next few days...

If you know anyone who bought a copy twenty years ago, resuscitate them and tell them we're back!

And gert big up and thanks (I'm tellin' ya, Reggie) for all the kind comments on here!

Viva otib and DMc!

Otis B. Driftwood (aka one of the Bunter Bros)

Cant make either game as I am away with work, will we be able to get a copy afterwards from somehwere?

I still have some of the original editions, one which I got an article I sent in included. My only claim to fame...

Yes don't worry, Somerset Sam: as a valued bigger-upper of The BOUNTYHUNTER you will be guaranteed a copy.

There will be enough left over to sell at the Blackburn game if you can make that. Email us at the.bountyhunter@hotmail.co.uk and we can sort something out, but worry not.

Otis B.

Orbital and Bard are spot on. I may be a bit long in the tooth but I have seen some of the material and laughed so hard, I've just had to pull the emergency cord to summon nursey to change me catheter. Brilliant.

I know a good physician can sort that out, Steel.

Name of Paul Dirac (see p7 of the new issue! He's the physician/physics-ician no-one knows!!!)

Something about that equation makes sense, mind, eh, Steel...?

Cheers, Welshback. Appreaciate your good vibrations. Glad you're also feeling the "renewed feel good factor", as you succinctly put it.

Introduce yourself to our crack 'sales team' when you see'm!

Good man yourself.

COYR-aaaah!

Welshback is one of your sales team, Otis. You turnip. Honestly...

Archived