IGNORED

Heaton But Not Wilson

Tins

Holloway played the play off final without a keeper on the bench but we need two of them sitting on their asses for the season. Great we got money to waste.

Lewis Carey to go out on loan to a league club, McInnes said as much in an interview, then Heaton to contend for a first place team as apparantly McInnes likes players to have to compete for their place in the team so makes sense.

Money could be spent more wisely. Let Carey hold the bench and use the loan system if necessary.

And if Gerken were to go down with a 7 month injury or something? Use loan system if neccesary? Well thats just more money we're wasting as we'd have probably spent the money used on Heaton on another player too.

Loaning a keeper is not necessarilly expensive. As our scouting is not working we need to spend on a quality player and can't afford a third keeper. Holloway gambled in the play off final but we are scared to death having a 19 year old on the bench from the start of the season.

Going into the season with just Gerken and Carey would be suicide.

The 'loan system' is a very vague term that may not work out for us. I'd prefer Heaton to any of the perennial loanees like Carl Ikeme etc...

If Heaton signs it won't be to sit on the bench.

Dressed up however, if Heaton signs he'll be signing as a number one. If he loses that jersey is another thing but I'd be shocked if he didn't start the season in possession.

Money could be spent more wisely. Let Carey hold the bench and use the loan system if necessary.

The thing is, having Carey as our number 2 might save money in the short term, but if we want him to develop he has to go and get games. Say he went to Cheltenham and did really well, Gerken is out if contract next summer. We have a ready-made keeper come back to us with a full season behind him, ready to challenge for the no1 spot

Just having a quick scan, and not really going through the squads ( so It may be miles out like)

Middlesborough-. Steele 1st choice and Ripley 2nd Choice

Florist- Lee Camp 1st Choice and Darlow 2nd Choice

Peterborough- Olejnik 1st Choice and Day 2nd Choice

Watford- Bond and Jack Bonham...

Hows that?

Plenty of squads with 1 main keeper and a veteran as cover, or 1 main and an older reserve (with little to no match time). Not so many with 2 first choices battling it out.

I've said what I think in the other Heaton thread

The majority of those clubs you have listed have lost keepers in this window and will probably be looking to add one to thier squad as we are, which of course is the sensible thing to do.

Whether the usual subjects who like to find fault in every last thing like it or not.....

WE ARE IN THE MARKET FOR ANOTHER KEEPER

.......so best get used to it.

Just having a quick scan, and not really going through the squads ( so It may be miles out like)

Middlesborough-. Steele 1st choice and Ripley 2nd Choice

Florist- Lee Camp 1st Choice and Darlow 2nd Choice

Peterborough- Olejnik 1st Choice and Day 2nd Choice

Watford- Bond and Jack Bonham...

Hows that?

Plenty of squads with 1 main keeper and a veteran as cover, or 1 main and an older reserve (with little to no match time). Not so many with 2 first choices battling it out.

I've said what I think in the other Heaton thread

Rubbish. Total nonsense.

Forest had Smith as their number 2, Watford had Gilmartin etc.

Its like looking at us and saying Carey was our number 2 last season, just because he is all we have.

People aren't saying they don't have vetrans, but vetrans still offer competition, we had one as our first choice last season! Hardly any have young kids.

I love this place, get asked about teams that at present have a 1st choice and a youth keeper as was requested, provide some details and

One poster goes OTT regarding it and the other goes on about last season...

It's like there is this continual need to fall into some non existent party line on the matter to show x amount of loyalty

It was just relaying some information It was not going on about the future or the past..

You were asked to name championship club with a youth keeper as their number 2.

The only way to look at their number 2 was by looking at their last game.

Carey isn't our number 2 as squads haven't been announced, so it has to be based on last season.

I love this place, get asked about teams that at present have a 1st choice and a youth keeper as was requested, provide some details and

It's like there is this continual need to fall into some non existent party line on the matter to show x amount of loyalty

It was just relaying some information It was not going on about the future or the past..

You just described what you usually do

That's your additonal conditions to it though. A straight forward reply was given to the question, no more, no less

I replied to the question with the squad's as is.

If you have to look at last season, then you look at last season. get all the details crunch the numbers for the whole championship and get back to us ( the forum), it's only fair considering you are fixating on only the clubs I've named and not the rest of the Championship as was. So why not do the rest, considering you are keen to ram home this point?

Thanks in advance

The question was name a young number 2. Look at last season and hardly any where youngsters. That is the point simply.

Why don't I do the rest of the Championship? Cause from the teams you named I remembered Gilmartin and Smith from personal knowedge.

Dont see what was OTT about any of the replies, factual? Yes. Those clubs will not go into the season with young inexperienced lads as their number twos, much like the majority of clubs. Now you may have a problem with that in general (or maybe just shit stirring) but personally i think two keepers with some degree of experience is the way to go and it seems most coaches/ managers in football think the same way.

Archived