IGNORED

Brechin V Rangers

22A

I'm watching this game live on BBC Alba (Sky 168) and it reminds me of City in Div 4 30 years ago.

Small, "quaint" ground with a big team fallen on hard times and finding itself playing in the bottom division. The Rangers fans seem only too glad to still have a team to support and several thou have travelled to Brechin for the game. Some of the tackles are typical lower div standard, but no Premier League rolling around the ground by the injured player. There's also been a few lower div misses of open goals by Brechin.

Another pleasing throwback is the shirts. neither side has the player's name on the back and both teams are niumbered 1 - 11 with just three subs on the bench. Brechin are sponsored by some local firm, but Rangers do not yet have a shirt sponsor.

As I say, not strictly City, but so reminiscent of our past.

Rangers will never die. Follow Follow.

As a fellow Rangers fan, I know that many although disheartened by what's happened (obviously) are embracing the change in grounds, less prima donna footballers etc. It's difficult for the fans to suffer from the mistakes of a few individuals in charge of the club, same goes for clubs like Portsmouth.

As a fellow Rangers fan, I know that many although disheartened by what's happened (obviously) are embracing the change in grounds, less prima donna footballers etc. It's difficult for the fans to suffer from the mistakes of a few individuals in charge of the club, same goes for clubs like Portsmouth.

Spot on, hoping to make a trip up for Queens Park away...

-

Yes its great to see isn't it. Lets give no thought to the innocent people they owe money to and who could easily go to the wall. Long live Rangers.............it sickens me to be honest

Yes its great to see isn't it. Lets give no thought to the innocent people they owe money to and who could easily go to the wall. Long live Rangers.............it sickens me to be honest

I think you'll find that the majority of football clubs have huge debts.

The fans have been punished enough already, doubt you wanted City to be liquidated in 1982?

The fans have been punished enough already, doubt you wanted City to be liquidated in 1982?

Tell that to the people owed money. Would you feel the same if it was you ?

Screw the fans and the clubs, I feel sorry for the small businesses that that have gone under due to fans being impatient, forcing clubs to spend more and more chasing success.

I've heard stories of small businesses going under and people killing themselves due to the easy get out clauses clubs seem to have, even worse it seems footballing debt seems to be the first to be paid.

Time to end this administration farce, if you can't pay your debts, you fold, no come backs, just like any other business. It my then get boards and fans to reel in their overly high ambitions.

Mark my words when I say that the debacle that is Rangers and Portsmouth is just the very tip of the iceberg. Football is awash with money at the expense of your everyday creditor. Times are changing and the next couple of years will see the demise of several clubs IMO

No I did'nt but 8 players saved our club. None of these were earning anywhere near the amount of those at Portsmouth. These players could all afford to move elsewhere on lower wages but hey..............greed is good and these days in football expected

we are the people

now long live rangers, RIP the spl

Imagine the scenario that you are owed maybe 20000 quid by Rangers and have no hope of being paid. Rangers now form a new company in order to survive but you are still owed the debt. I rather think your attitude would be a tad different

Good game apart from no English commentary!!

Glasgow Rangers will NEVER die!! GSTQ WATP

Spot on, hoping to make a trip up for Queens Park away...

we are the people

now long live rangers, RIP the spl

I thought that we were all Bristol City fans, or have I accidently stumbled onto the wrong forum??

Rangers are a huge club, arguably the second biggest in the UK after Man Utd and their fans should not lose their club. However, the people in charge should be brought to book and the new Rangers should be made to pay off all their old debts, even if it over many years.

Imagine yesterday's match but played in the middle of winter on a snowy, rainy day. Saints played Brechin in the quarter-finals of the Scottish Cup a few years ago and it was like watching Match of the Day in the seventies. Never seen anything like it before or since in more than twenty years of watching football. Wish I could find a clip from the TV coverage of the second half (ball getting stuck in mud etc...) but all I can find is this YouTube clip of our goal. You can see what the pitch is like in the corner, so can imagine how bad it was in the centre of the park. Great day though.

Archived