IGNORED

Marvin Elliott

sglosbcfc

elliott has all the heart and work rate but no quality or composure on the ball what so ever! if he had all these trates he would be in the prem!

Exactly right but unfortunately some people on here can't see how limited he is. They seem to think that effort and work rate alone makes a good championship player. As I posted before if you want a team made up of triers with a great work rate fill your team up with professional cyclists......

elliott has all the heart and work rate but no quality or composure on the ball what so ever! if he had all these trates he would be in the prem!

Exactly right but unfortunately some people on here can't see how limited he is. They seem to think that effort and work rate alone makes a good championship player. As I posted before if you want a team made up of triers with a great work rate fill your team up with professional cyclists......

So that makes him a good Championship player then :dunno:

spot on, people on here just get blinded by the fact hes loyal, been here a long time and had one good season with us!

The fact that he has played over 250 games and appeared in a fa cup final and playoff final as well as playing international football makes him a championship footballer

Unfortunately some people on here can't see that

if a good championship player is giving the ball away and not being able to pass i feel sorry for the championship

I was being sarcastic, you quoted he would be in the Prem if he had the ability to pass and Robbered agreed, so because of his weakness he's in the Championship where he argubaly belongs.

Am I right in thinking he's had a fair few injuries since the play-off final season?

From what I've seen I'd have him in the team before Pearson, but then I've seen a lot more of Marv over the years than I have of Pearson - who seems a little inconsistent or quiet at times.

Got to admit though, I tried playing centre-mid once ended up running around in circles, so in no way am I qualified to judge. One person who is qualified to judge is Derek John McInnes.

Am I right in thinking he's had a fair few injuries since the play-off final season?

From what I've seen I'd have him in the team before Pearson, but then I've seen a lot more of Marv over the years than I have of Pearson - who seems a little inconsistent or quiet at times.

Got to admit though, I tried playing centre-mid once ended up running around in circles, so in no way am I qualified to judge. One person who is qualified to judge is Derek John McInnes.

Yep that season of doing Johnson Jnr work as well as his own took its toll.

According to his Phsyio he will be fine for the start of the season.

The injury has healed and he has only missed action the last few weeks fro tightness - basically over done it in pre-season having been out of action for so long before.

The fact that he has played over 250 games and appeared in a fa cup final and playoff final as well as playing international football makes him a championship footballer

Numbers means little when you have other players who simply better all round footballers than him, like we have in Stephen Pearson and Skuse

Would be Pearson and Skuse in middle all day long for me,

Cole is a better defensive midfielder than Marv, quicker, better tackler and less likely to concede fouls and get booked, due to his pace he can get back into position and make a effective tackle, doesnt try fancy passing so doesnt make mistakes, where as marv is always chasing and more likely to thunder through someone and get a foul.

Pearson is capable of picking out players from short and mid-range, you won't get Tinnion/Hartley esq long ranges, but short and effective attacking passing, then either bombing forward to receive the ball or with the ball at his feet, for whatever reason was asked to drift out left last season, but is far better in middle, Marv is more of a get the ball run at people, then either get clattered or blast it over the ateyo, with the odd goal now and again.

Marv is a good hard honest worker no doubt but he just doesn't have enough all round quality and has never reproduced or improved on his form of the first season and seems to be living of his reputation of 5 years ago,

Oh and if people play numbers/stats Pearson is player with More Caps than marv for a better national team, premier league experience, uefa cup and champions league experience, not many City players can boast, being in a team to knock Barca out of Europe at the Nou Camp.

Thin argument.

250 games means very little when you don't have any serious competition for your place and neither Johnson or Millen thought to it necessary to provide some competition for him. Playing in a FA Cup final is a lucky break for player at Championship level as is playing 'international football'. One cap for Jamaica hardly qualifies.

Do you think Elliot would get into any top championship side? Not a chance....he's a trier and nothing else.

Incorrect

When marv got injured we had lost 9 out of our last previous 15 games

Once marv got injured we went on to lose only 4 of our remaining 14 games

No point using facts in trying to sway Monkeh. He's very one-eyed when it comes to Elliot. Shame 'cos he talks a lot of sense on many other matters.

Yet when marv got injured we went on a really bad run

The thing is monk, to be a top class championship midfielder you need to bring more to your game than just work hard around the pitch. You need good vision, good passing abilities and a football brain. Marv doesn't have any of that, he's a honest player but if we want to move forward then he shouldn't be in our future plans.

Time to move on

Archived