IGNORED

Caulker Called Up For England.

_Bristol-City_

He really is a class act! Never thought he would get the call up so soon though if I am honest!

Delighted for him, young and ridiculously talented, everything the new England manager should be looking at for our new look!

AVB doesn't need to replace King, he already has Caulker as a ready made replacement!

We could all see that Caulker had that something special when he spent the season at City. Most of us thought he'd be a full England international at some stage in his career. The fact he's been called up without being a regular at Spurs is a tad surprising but Hodgeson knows a class player when he sees one and obviously saw enough of Caulker last season in the PL.

Well done to lad.

Met him at services on way back from Leeds (I think) he was with his dad in a rather beat up Mondeo if I remember rightly ??

Wonderful young chap...levelheaded and sensible with it...had plenty of time to eat his burger & chat with a minibus of us...posed for plenty of pics as well ...his old man was great as well

Told him he would be capt of England one day.............step one about to be taken along that road !

Well done & Good luck Steve you deserve it

• Admin

We could all see that Caulker had that something special when he spent the season at City. Most of us thought he'd be a full England international at some stage in his career. The fact he's been called up without being a regular at Spurs is a tad surprising but Hodgeson knows a class player when he sees one and obviously saw enough of Caulker last season in the PL.

Well done to lad.

Not a regular as Spurs, but was regualr for Swansea last season, and again getting great plaudits.

Would assume that it is his make or break season with Spurs after three yeards out on loan, and with Ledley King retiring its now or never at Spurs for Caulker

Not a regular as Spurs, but was regualr for Swansea last season, and again getting great plaudits.

Would assume that it is his make or break season with Spurs after three yeards out on loan, and with Ledley King retiring its now or never at Spurs for Caulker

I dont see it like that. He's still only 20 and will have Dawson , Vertonghen , Kaboul & Gallas to compete with for a place.

Hopefully he will be in the matchday squad a lot more for Spurs this term and can kick on from there. He'll do well to be a regular in their side this year I think , but is certainly a star of the future.

When I was watching the Olympic football on TV the commentator said that Caulker looked like 'Bambi on ice' during his time at Bristol City, but was fantastic for Swansea last season... I was so furious with that crock of shit that I was tempted to write in.

Very good news this, he will be, and is, a fantastic player.

When I was watching the Olympic football on TV the commentator said that Caulker looked like 'Bambi on ice' during his time at Bristol City, but was fantastic for Swansea last season... I was so furious with that crock of shit that I was tempted to write in.

Very good news this, he will be, and is, a fantastic player.

the irony is that it was Jonathan Pearce a very avid City fan himself

I dont see it like that. He's still only 20 and will have Dawson , Vertonghen , Kaboul & Gallas to compete with for a place.

Hopefully he will be in the matchday squad a lot more for Spurs this term and can kick on from there. He'll do well to be a regular in their side this year I think , but is certainly a star of the future.

He's their best centre half though. It doesn't matter if he's 20. If they want to be serious as a challenger over the next few years, you stick him in the starting XI and decide who is best suited to playing next to him. If AVB doesn't pick him, he'll kick off and want a transfer or a loan.

the irony is that it was Jonathan Pearce a very avid City fan himself

At that point i was shouting at my tv! i wonder where he got that from?

Caulker hardly put a foot wrong all season for us and is without doubt the most talented centre back i've seen at the gate in my 30 years+ supporting.

CTID

I was thinking the same, though you probably wouldn't have got great odds.

Considering he'd only played league 1 and championship I dont think the odds would have been too bad, he still needed to prove himself in the premier league and at the time we still had the Rio and terry partnership with the likes of Cahill, Jones, smalling etc. Ah well

In order: sicknote (but decent), unknown, rubbish, pensioner.

Should be a very good chance of Caulker getting into that back line and staying there.

In order: sicknote (but decent), unknown, rubbish, pensioner.

Should be a very good chance of Caulker getting into that back line and staying there.

I agree he has a chance , and I'm not implying those 4 are better , just pointing out his competition for a place. I would love to see him play week in week out , and I think if Harry was still there he may have a chance. I just get the feeling AVB will go with the others , as he has made Dawson captain and sanctioned the signing of Vertonghen.

Bit harsh to call Kaboul rubbish , but that's my opinion and I suppose those differences of opinion is what makes these boards what they are.

Vertomghen played left back for Belgium against England so he may end up there. Rose was their spare left back last season.

Thats possible , although he's a CB by trade.

Anyhow , the point of my origianl post was to point out that I didn't think this was "now or never at Spurs" for SC as another poster had commented. I certainly hope he is given more of a chance than just this season in light of the competition he has for a place.

i think we would probably have now been in div2 had Caulker not played for us that season.he was far and away our best player,old head on young shoulders and joe cool with it.

really pleased for him although i think he should have been given a shout the same time as o chamberlain.

i watched both of them 2 seasons ago and stated then they would team up in england shirts

Archived