IGNORED

Closing Dolman And Atyeo Really Saving Money?

Kid in the Riot

No offence but.........Don't be so selfish! You want the club to take a financial hit just so you and your pals can have a pie and beer?

Grow up mate.

Sonny, if I grow up any more, I will be dead because I am over 60!!

If you read the other reply that I gave to another poster you will see a reasoned argument or using the Dolman. Only one stand would need to be opened, the food and booze outlets could maximise profits, the club offices and posh seats in the Williams could still be used. fans get better views and facilities. Not selfish - and should make more money for he club because more of the habitual Dolmanites would turn up - and it is the biggest stand in the ground.

there is no where for the cameras to go

It would not take much to set a camara up at the back of the Dolman, or from the walk way above the family enclosure.

I seem to recall, from a pre-season friendly agaisnt Nottingham Forest in the mid-2000's that we did this; so it is not insurmountable. Although, for one game, it is probably not worth it.

Our group has decided not to go to these games because we could not sit in our season ticket seats in the Dolman. The Williams Stand is generally a poor viewing experience and I would prefer to pay a bit more and sit where I normally sit in Dolman block D. For the Southampton and Gillingham games that is a total of 6 ticket, 6 pints of beer, 6 pie and chips in the Exhibition hall and 6 programmes. Even more expensive is the fact that I now realise that I can miss matches without withdrawal symptoms. This decision could cost the club a great deal of money over the months and years ahead.

If they are only going to open one stand then let it be the Dolman because it has the best views, holds over 7000 people and should make a profit by opening the facilities under the stand to all City fans. Some might then see for the first time what is on offer and it may lead to better sales of season tickets in the Dolman, which tends to cost more than other stands.

Just for clarity , the Dolman holds 6195.

no excause for not knowing this its been advtised for ages,

Yes it does save alot of money,

No kiosk venders in the two stands

No Turn style operators in the two stands

No Stewards in the two stands

No power needed in the two stands

it will save the club about 30 - 40k i reckon, there won#'t be much intrested (look at the last 4 seasons attendances for this we've struggled to get 7k for these games)

Last season 7.7k against local Swindon

2008/9 5.5k against Peterborough

There just isn't enough intrest to warrent the whole ground to be open

I sometimes find it hard to believe that weve got a billionaire funding our club.

I sometimes find it hard to believe that weve got a billionaire funding our club.

we have and we are also trying to reduce running costs you do remember we are currently losing 12 million a season which is under written by our wealthy owner

Our turnstile operators and kiosk workers must be on a huge hourly rate if we are going to make the sort of savings you suggest.

What do you suggest? Lets pay them anyway, and open two stands for no reason?

Thats bound to save a few £££ isnt it.

Our turnstile operators and kiosk workers must be on a huge hourly rate if we are going to make the sort of savings you suggest.

sigh,

power stewards police kiosk venders turnstile operators all require money not opening the stands saves money,

the club said if there was enough intrest in the game the would open the stand, as there isn't enough intrest in the game they will remain closed,

not hard to understand is it,

Our group has decided not to go to these games because we could not sit in our season ticket seats in the Dolman. The Williams Stand is generally a poor viewing experience and I would prefer to pay a bit more and sit where I normally sit in Dolman block D. For the Southampton and Gillingham games that is a total of 6 ticket, 6 pints of beer, 6 pie and chips in the Exhibition hall and 6 programmes. Even more expensive is the fact that I now realise that I can miss matches without withdrawal symptoms. This decision could cost the club a great deal of money over the months and years ahead.

If they are only going to open one stand then let it be the Dolman because it has the best views, holds over 7000 people and should make a profit by opening the facilities under the stand to all City fans. Some might then see for the first time what is on offer and it may lead to better sales of season tickets in the Dolman, which tends to cost more than other stands.

Its one game!!!

I always sit in a different stand for these games anyway.

Sensible move by the club.

I have to say there are some unbelievably thick and selfish people on here.

If anyone is saying they are not going because they cannot sit in their usual stand (not their usual seat mind, their usual stand), I would say they are probably lying and didn't intend to go to the game anyway.

I really can't believe that anyone who wants to go to the game, would not, just because (due to understandable cost savings with a low crowd) their usual stand of choice is not available for the odd game.

My season ticket is in the Dolman. Would I rather sit there... Yes.

Does it really matter for a one off game and will I be getting a hissy fit on about having to sit in the Williams.... No, of course not!

Consider things from a players point of view.

Half the ground closed. It'll be like a reserve game and that could affect how the players 'get up' for the game. Should City get beaten then how much revenue will the club lose then?

the whole ground hasn't been shut in the last few home defeats in the cup so it doesn't make one jot robbo

Half the ground closed. It'll be like a reserve game and that could affect how the players 'get up' for the game. Should City get beaten then how much revenue will the club lose then?

We have been playing to half empty grounds through pre-season and have done well. Will make no difference and City won't budget to make it through any cup games I expect.

the argument of "i cant sit in my seat" is one i don't buy, if you wanted to go to the game, you would, simple. i have a season ticket in the ateyo, and obviously cant sit there tonight, will i go still, yes, will it effect me that badly, NO.

i suppose of your of this "i cant possibly go unless i sit in my seat" way of thinking, then you cant ever attend an away game, as god forbid its not the exact replica as to your view from the dolman.

we are traditionally sh*t in these cups, but from the 3 pre season games ive seen, and with a with some new faces, im optimistic about tonight, and as far as im concerned its well worth a £10!!

COYR

The counter-argument would be that by concentrating a small attendance within one or two confined spaces you make the noise and the atmosphere a little more intense than it would otherwise be with a handful of people scattered over a wide area, which tends to make the place feel like a morgue. It cuts both ways. Personally, I'd rather be in the Williams with a couple of thousand other interested parties for company than sitting there with one bloke and his dog.

Archived