IGNORED

Adam Baker On Radio Bristol

leepeacock's50phead

I can only assume there is a deal between City and the BBC to provide the co-commentator for the radio coverage but I'm not particularly impressed by his analysis and he obviously has his hands somewhat tied in what he says due to his job.

If the BBC don't wish to pay for an 'expert' to fill the role, why not give fans a chance? I can't see the quality of analysis much poorer and at least they would be able to give their honest opinions on the game without having to put a spin on it because of there employer.

I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers for the role.

I can only assume there is a deal between City and the BBC to provide the co-commentator for the radio coverage but I'm not particularly impressed by his analysis and he obviously has his hands somewhat tied in what he says due to his job.

If the BBC don't wish to pay for an 'expert' to fill the role, why not give fans a chance? I can't see the quality of analysis much poorer and at least they would be able to give their honest opinions on the game without having to put a spin on it because of there employer.

Be careful what you wish for - it could be 90 minutes of that idiot from Stockwood (it is Stockwood isn't it?) or any other number of morons.

I would give it to Dolly.

Yes, yes but what about the commentator's job?

Please don't be too critical of any one,it may cost you your employment

There are dark forces at work, and can I put record there is no competion between me any other person.

Eh? :shocking:

The Phoenix rises, illuminated by the dawn of the 16th Century, the bell tolls from 12 minutes past 8 precisely and the child catcher is in the rye awaiting the morning star?

Is that what you mean?

Please don't be too critical of any one,it may cost you your employment

There are dark forces at work, and can I put record there is no competion between me any other person.

After years of practice I'm pretty good at decrypting your posts, usually, but I don't...

Have you lost your job, who is after your job... the Dark force? and who are you 'clearly' in competition with?

I don't expect an answer..

I don't understand why we can't just have an ex player like they used to have on there. Baker's knowledge of Football is no better than the average fans.

Most players spent all their time at school perfecting the beautiful game and not studying the finer detail of the English language. Scotty was a great player for City, for example, but he is a useless co-commentator. Few footballers turn to punditry for a very good reason.

Because the trouble with having a fan doing it over someone who is used to being on the radio or speaking to the media is that you can't guarantee that halfway through the second half that fan's passion doesn't get the better of them and they start calling the referee (or Woeful) a useless ******* ****!!! Far more unrestrained passion on the terraces compared to in the press box!

I think every city fan would love to give it to dolly!

Why ? I wouldn't - as for calling for individual fans to be the spearhead on the radio because they're known or popular is ridiculous , in fact people like those in my opinion often have a swell of support regardless of what they say or do simply because they're seen as popular by the majority !

Archived