IGNORED

Where Is Our Chairman?

hooered

oh the atyeo where they listend to the fans and said existing season ticket holders can keep their seats you mean,

They didn't have to do that and could of stuck their fingers up and said don't like **** off they didn't they listened,

Yet faceless people sit behind their keyboards pooring consistant abuse towards the club players management and directors and you wonder why they stay quiet?

We are lucky to have who we have in charge of the club and personally if I was lansdown I would of pulled the plug a long time ago and left the club to rot for all the abuse he recieves on a daily basis,

The board report to him and not the fans thats the job of the management,

How many chairmen in the football league come out and explain every single call a club makes, when was the last time you seen glazor sat infront of a press confrence telling fans his vison for the club? when was the last time you saw David Andrews come out and tell Daganham and Redbridge fans the latest ticketing arrangement,

you don't because that is not what a board does they are solely their to run the business,

The direct links for us fans Is David Lloydd who you say was wheeled out well news for you thats his ******* job he is the fans leasion officer,

If you don't like the clubs communincations you need to complain to beanhead he is head of the media department/communications instead of consistantly slagging off the club on a daily basis try doing somthing about it

As for the Glazers, point in fact, fans are in uproar. Club millions in debt, yet they say nothing. They then put the club shares on sale in America, The Americans think the shares are over valued, at I think $14 and think they are worth half this, so if they go for that, half the Value of Man u could be wiped off the club over night.

yet still silence from the Glazers.

When they have taken all the money out of the club and ran, with the fans still causing up roar, will you still poit to them as a good example. they have invested virtually zero money in the club, it is all loan debt, to Man U not the Glazers. So if you are holding these guys up as a way to run and communicate with a club. then i am glad I don't think the same as you on this subject.

You miss the point

I said a Director, not Lansdown, we hear nothing from Director level, Just Dave L, who seems to do a hell of a lot of apologising for them. How hard is it to communicate!

As for your final point I have sent various mails to BCFC pointing out the lack of communication. I don't just sit here spouting drivel!

I hear nothing from director level at my place of work accept the xmas news letter

Davids job is to liease with the fans the directors and board memebers job is to run the club and make us finacally viable its really not to hard to grasp is it,

They won't take time out of their day (they do run other busieness not just Bristol City) to anwser every little question the fans ask and really have no right knowing about,

What if Keith dawe turned around and said Del had 2 million to spend, that would then mean any bids we have in for a player would suddenly double as they selling club knows how much we have to spend,

With the club direction I've lost count how many times they have come out and said we need to reduce costs and remain competeitive in the championship how many more times can they tell you the same ******* thing?

The ground do you want them to issue us a statment saying there is no news since the last statment? they will tell us somthing when there is somthing to tell

As for the Glazers, point in fact, fans are in uproar. Club millions in debt, yet they say nothing. They then put the club shares on sale in America, The Americans think the shares are over valued, at I think $14 and think they are worth half this, so if they go for that, half the Value of Man u could be wiped off the club over night.

yet still silence from the Glazers.

When they have taken all the money out of the club and ran, with the fans still causing up roar, will you still poit to them as a good example. they have invested virtually zero money in the club, it is all loan debt, to Man U not the Glazers. So if you are holding these guys up as a way to run and communicate with a club. then i am glad I don't think the same as you on this subject.

so the 24 million for RVP and the 10 odd million for powell is a myth? and Im not using it as a way to run a club I'm isllitrating a point which you seem to of missed out of the 92 football league clubs maybe 8 hear from their chairman on a regular basis,

Do you want some one like Simon Jordan running our club bragging about how much they spend on players or maybed the prono twins who said they are breaking the bank to sign andy carrol only to end up looking like fools,

There is a reason clubs don't do their business in the media spotlight it bites them in the ass,

sadly your ether too ignorant or too stupid to know this

I do think that all fans need to read the financial fair play rules. They come into effect now and are on a sliding scale, so that clubs can manage the impact over the next 2/3 seasons. It means that clubs have to manage within their means, or keep losses to a prescribed minimum, and limits the amount an equity investor ( in our case SL) can put into the club. We have been running losses of over £11m and were spending more on wages than the club was generating in income. Under FFP this state of affairs is not only unacceptable, it is completely unsustainable.

FFP does allow an owner to invest in certain aspects of a club without restriction. He can put money into an academy and also, interestingly, he can invest in the stadium. Steve cannot invest £90m in wages and transfer budget because FFp would not allow it, but he can invest £90 in a new stadium and the revenue from from said new stadium then becomes the club's income and that income can be used to fund wages and transfer fees, so you can see how important the new stadium is to the club's financial future. The stark reality is that in this league many other clubs generate bigger incomes than we, do so can afford to pay out more on wages and transfer fees than we can at the moment so let's hope that we see some positive news on the new stadium, because it's vital to our financial future.

Steve could throw caution to the wind and pump a load of money into the club now, but we would still have to acheive the FFP financial requirements on 2 years time and the longer we delay the inevitable the tougher the financial pain will be. Steve Lansdown might be wealthy and have deep pockets, but FFP now means that his bank account is not a bottomless pit into which the club can dip to fund transfers that it cannot itself afford. I am sure that SL will support the manager with funds, but he can now only do so if the spending keeps the club on target to achieve the FFP benchmarks by reducing our losses to the accepted levels in 2/3 years time.

Any club failing to meet the FFP targets will have a transfer embargo imposed by the football league. SL is trying to make sure we are in the best shape to compete when these regulations really bite in 2/3 years time. If my understanding is correct, the more profitable we are ( or the more we minimise our losses) the more SL is allowed to invest, so taking the pain now has to be in the club's best long term interests

This is not Championship Manager on the PC, this is the real world and the real financial rules that affect all championship clubs - not just BCFC.

Great post , especially the final paragraph.

Mind you , I'd love a transfer embargo , would save wading through a lot of posts on here !!

I do think that all fans need to read the financial fair play rules. They come into effect now and are on a sliding scale, so that clubs can manage the impact over the next 2/3 seasons. It means that clubs have to manage within their means, or keep losses to a prescribed minimum, and limits the amount an equity investor ( in our case SL) can put into the club. We have been running losses of over £11m and were spending more on wages than the club was generating in income. Under FFP this state of affairs is not only unacceptable, it is completely unsustainable.

FFP does allow an owner to invest in certain aspects of a club without restriction. He can put money into an academy and also, interestingly, he can invest in the stadium. Steve cannot invest £90m in wages and transfer budget because FFp would not allow it, but he can invest £90 in a new stadium and the revenue from from said new stadium then becomes the club's income and that income can be used to fund wages and transfer fees, so you can see how important the new stadium is to the club's financial future. The stark reality is that in this league many other clubs generate bigger incomes than we, do so can afford to pay out more on wages and transfer fees than we can at the moment so let's hope that we see some positive news on the new stadium, because it's vital to our financial future.

Steve could throw caution to the wind and pump a load of money into the club now, but we would still have to acheive the FFP financial requirements on 2 years time and the longer we delay the inevitable the tougher the financial pain will be. Steve Lansdown might be wealthy and have deep pockets, but FFP now means that his bank account is not a bottomless pit into which the club can dip to fund transfers that it cannot itself afford. I am sure that SL will support the manager with funds, but he can now only do so if the spending keeps the club on target to achieve the FFP benchmarks by reducing our losses to the accepted levels in 2/3 years time.

Any club failing to meet the FFP targets will have a transfer embargo imposed by the football league. SL is trying to make sure we are in the best shape to compete when these regulations really bite in 2/3 years time. If my understanding is correct, the more profitable we are ( or the more we minimise our losses) the more SL is allowed to invest, so taking the pain now has to be in the club's best long term interests

This is not Championship Manager on the PC, this is the real world and the real financial rules that affect all championship clubs - not just BCFC.

finally some one who gets it

so the 24 million for RVP and the 10 odd million for powell is a myth? and Im not using it as a way to run a club I'm isllitrating a point which you seem to of missed out of the 92 football league clubs maybe 8 hear from their chairman on a regular basis,

Do you want some one like Simon Jordan running our club bragging about how much they spend on players or maybed the prono twins who said they are breaking the bank to sign andy carrol only to end up looking like fools,

There is a reason clubs don't do their business in the media spotlight it bites them in the ass,

sadly your ether too ignorant or too stupid to know this

I don't dispute business, I do dispute the lack of communication. The last 3 companies I have worked for. The ceo, or a n other director has sent out emails concerning updates to the business, new initiatives etc. Most run of the mill info comes from comms department granted. But the suits have gone out of their way to appear to be there.

That's all I'm asking for, a small bit of presence. I may not agree with everything they say. But to know directors are acknowledging their paying public, It's not too much to ask is it?

Dave L is quite rightly there to take comments to the board, so it wouldn't take to much for a director to answer them if they are of interest or concern to all fans.

It's called being in touch with your audience.

As for the glazers, imagine how much more could have been invested on players if they hadn't started leeching off man u's profits. Before they arrived man u was a profit maker and spent millions. Now massively in debt. Not that I care, I don't like them.

I don't dispute business, I do dispute the lack of communication. The last 3 companies I have worked for. The ceo, or a n other director has sent out emails concerning updates to the business, new initiatives etc. Most run of the mill info comes from comms department granted. But the suits have gone out of their way to appear to be there.

That's all I'm asking for, a small bit of presence. I may not agree with everything they say. But to know directors are acknowledging their paying public, It's not too much to ask is it?

Dave L is quite rightly there to take comments to the board, so it wouldn't take to much for a director to answer them if they are of interest or concern to all fans.

It's called being in touch with your audience.

As for the glazers, imagine how much more could have been invested on players if they hadn't started leeching off man u's profits. Before they arrived man u was a profit maker and spent millions. Now massively in debt. Not that I care, I don't like them.

thats that the chairman section in the match day programme is for but I'm guessing you don't buy one,

thats that the chairman section in the match day programme is for but I'm guessing you don't buy one,

Nope, I find it massively overpriced for what it is, last time I bought one, half of it was adverts.

I paid my entrance fee, I shouldn't have to pay again to find out a message from the chairman.

Maybe they could publish on the web site free of charge? It's just a little thing, but it makes a difference. Clearly not great for those who have no internet access, but it would be a good start.

A case for the club to become better communicators, not poorer ones where decisions are simply labelled under FFP.

The club can become narrators, they can explain exactly why decisons are being taken. Shut stands, explain why instead of rolling out "It's FFP". There is no obligation for the directors to do so, but by doing so they can show the club in a more positive light.

The PR blunders such as the family section in the Atyeo are not down to FFP, that is down to lack of consultation with fans. By being pro-active Keith Dawe, Jon Lansdown and Guy Price would show the clubs appreciation of the support given to BCFC by its fans.

Nope, I find it massively overpriced for what it is, last time I bought one, half of it was adverts.

I paid my entrance fee, I shouldn't have to pay again to find out a message from the chairman.

Maybe they could publish on the web site free of charge? It's just a little thing, but it makes a difference. Clearly not great for those who have no internet access, but it would be a good start.

Also would keep the expats informed that have supported the club since 1966 that cannot make every home game this season

A case for the club to become better communicators, not poorer ones where decisions are simply labelled under FFP.

The club can become narrators, they can explain exactly why decisons are being taken. Shut stands, explain why instead of rolling out "It's FFP". There is no obligation for the directors to do so, but by doing so they can show the club in a more positive light.

The PR blunders such as the family section in the Atyeo are not down to FFP, that is down to lack of consultation with fans. By being pro-active Keith Dawe, Jon Lansdown and Guy Price would show the clubs appreciation of the support given to BCFC by its fans.

Don't disagree Cowshed. However, my post was not so much to sdo with communication but was in response to a specific statment within another post on this thread that said Steve L was not prepared to back the manager financially and had essentially pulled the plug. This plus loads of other posts about our transfer activity, or lack of, made me realise that many fans don't have a clue about FFP and it's implications, hence my response.

Relating it back to what you say, I agree that the club could do more to explain decisions. On that basis, and given the huge impact FFP is already having on the club's financial management, then perhaps the club should have communicated more to fans about fFP so they could better appreciate why transfer strategy had to change. As it is Steve Lansdown is getting unfairly hammered by quite a few fans, who do not understand that his financial hands are now effectively tied behind his back by the football league's financial rules. They don't understand only because no one has bothered to tell them.

Its on the main website how can you all keep getting it so wrong!

Board, Directors and Presidents

Chairman: Keith Dawe

Group Chief Executive: Guy Price

Managing Director, Football: Jon Lansdown

Executive Director: Doug Harman

Club President: Marina Dolman DL DStJ JP

Vice Presidents: Betty Rosemary Bennett (life), John Bennett (life), Brian Cook, Graham Cooper, Craig Purnell, Martin Hagen, Neil Trimble

Honorary Vice President: Marcus Trescothick MBE

Bristol City Football Club

Manager: Derek McInnes

Assistant Manager: Tony Docherty

Head of Recruitment: Russ Richardson

Academy Director: Tim Kirk

Head of Academy Coaching: Willie McStay

Strength & Conditioning Coach: Alan Hughes

Football Secretary: Michelle McDonald

Club Doctor: Dr Ian Latham

Dentist: Jonathan York BCh D

Chaplain: Derek Cleave

Club Historian: David Woods

Don't disagree Cowshed. However, my post was not so much to sdo with communication but was in response to a specific statment within another post on this thread that said Steve L was not prepared to back the manager financially and had essentially pulled the plug. This plus loads of other posts about our transfer activity, or lack of, made me realise that many fans don't have a clue about FFP and it's implications, hence my response.

Relating it back to what you say, I agree that the club could do more to explain decisions. On that basis, and given the huge impact FFP is already having on the club's financial management, then perhaps the club should have communicated more to fans about fFP so they could better appreciate why transfer strategy had to change. As it is Steve Lansdown is getting unfairly hammered by quite a few fans, who do not understand that his financial hands are now effectively tied behind his back by the football league's financial rules. They don't understand only because no one has bothered to tell them.

That is a theme present over numerous topics. FFP could just become an excuse for poor performance instead of including and informing support regarding issues that do not need to be confidential.

Simple things can go a long way, the directors have the ability to affect fans and the ambience around support by showing they have a passion for the club beyond it being a job.

That is a theme present over numerous topics. FFP could just become an excuse for poor performance instead of including and informing support regarding issues that do not need to be confidential.

Simple things can go a long way, the directors have the ability to affect fans and the ambience around support by showing they have a passion for the club beyond it being a job.

The club had a link to the FFP stuff when it got voted in I took time to read it I would suggest others do the same,

I'll see if I can find a link

I hear nothing from director level at my place of work accept the xmas news letter

That is appalling.

Every well run company will have good communications with both employees and customers; the Directors should be leading this and setting the example, it is part of the job.

People on here do expect too much information and are very prone to complain about the slightest thing - especially when the team aren't doing well. However the communication and marketing/PR side have always been a bit hit and miss.

That is appalling.

Every well run company will have good communications with both employees and customers; the Directors should be leading this and setting the example, it is part of the job.

People on here do expect too much information and are very prone to complain about the slightest thing - especially when the team aren't doing well. However the communication and marketing/PR side have always been a bit hit and miss.

hence the new team beanhead is heading up it will take time for a real difference is noticed but city fans are not known to wait for things

I assume that 'sponsorship' is still allowed, and if that is the case what's to stop an individual or organisation offering an extremely large amount for, say, shirt sponsorship.

I think there are rules to prevent excessive sponsorship, so that SL couldn't route his funding disguised as Hargeaves Lansdown sponsorship, or route it through an unrelated 3rd party.

People going on like were in crisis

We lost 1 cup game, like we do every year, just like 4/5 other championship teams have aswell

Relax, why do we need the chairman to speak out before season has started?

Well every year SL would do a video and say were going for promotion and then by xmas people would berate him on why were not top.

What people want is for the new chairman (im not sure were actually aware who that is, anyone?) to come out say were going for promotion and then at xmas they can all turn around and say "why aren’t we top? You said we would be top." This guy (whoever it is now) said we would be top and he has made millions while I work 169 hours a week for minimum wage as a face tester for sanding belts and I could have told him we weren’t going to get promoted.

It makes people feel better about themselves if they see successful people make a statement about where they want the club to be and they take it as some kind of Nostradamus like prediction of where were actually going to be then it’s wrong.

I think there are rules to prevent excessive sponsorship, so that SL couldn't route his funding disguised as Hargeaves Lansdown sponsorship, or route it through an unrelated 3rd party.

I assume so too, although I can't imagine how you'd write such as a rule that is fair and couldn't be easily got around. Should allowable sponsorship only to a maximumn % of gate receipts, for example? Are transfer fees to be regulated so that they are reasonable? Do the new rules mention parachute payments - all very well now, but when FFP kicks in, clubs with these payments will have an even bigger advantage. Although i support FFP in theory, it might be that it proves unworkable in practice.

I assume so too, although I can't imagine how you'd write such as a rule that is fair and couldn't be easily got around. Should allowable sponsorship only to a maximumn % of gate receipts, for example? Are transfer fees to be regulated so that they are reasonable? Do the new rules mention parachute payments - all very well now, but when FFP kicks in, clubs with these payments will have an even bigger advantage. Although i support FFP in theory, it might be that it proves unworkable in practice.

Here's an article regarding Man City and their deal with Etihad.

The final paragraph is interesting.

http://www.guardian....y-naming-rights

Here's an article regarding Man City and their deal with Etihad.

The final paragraph is interesting.

http://www.guardian....y-naming-rights

Thanks for posting - very interesting.

So UEFA are going to be involved in these sort of decisions for every sponsorship deal for every club in Europe are they? Well you'd hope not. Maybe they'll only look at deals above a certain value. Already i can see that lawyers will have a field day.

As a city exile I like many others rely on good club communication towards its fanbase to keep us informed. Steve Lansdown when he was chairman was very aware of this and always seem to say the right things when they were needed. It would be nice if our current Chairman could give us his thoughts, aspirations,realistic targets or dreams for the season ahead and not leave it to Del to be the one and only face of Bristol City FC and to give him some visable support in the media circles. Where our you Keith Dawe ? I would be interested what others think.

Don't see the need. Let the football talk. Too many politically correct & pointless statements.

Thanks for posting - very interesting.

So UEFA are going to be involved in these sort of decisions for every sponsorship deal for every club in Europe are they? Well you'd hope not. Maybe they'll only look at deals above a certain value. Already i can see that lawyers will have a field day.

I would imagine UEFA will only get involved with clubs competing in Champions / Europa League. Everone else will be dealt with by the home associaton.

Archived