IGNORED

Where Is Our Chairman?

hooered

As a city exile I like many others rely on good club communication towards its fanbase to keep us informed. Steve Lansdown when he was chairman was very aware of this and always seem to say the right things when they were needed. It would be nice if our current Chairman could give us his thoughts, aspirations,realistic targets or dreams for the season ahead and not leave it to Del to be the one and only face of Bristol City FC and to give him some visable support in the media circles. Where our you Keith Dawe ? I would be interested what others think.

There have seem to be a loss of a sense of direction and togetherness since SL stepped down and now this have been compounded by the departure of CS .

There is a malaise at the club.

The sooner we get a final decision on Ashton Vale the better now , one way or another.

As a city exile I like many others rely on good club communication towards its fanbase to keep us informed. Steve Lansdown when he was chairman was very aware of this and always seem to say the right things when they were needed. It would be nice if our current Chairman could give us his thoughts, aspirations,realistic targets or dreams for the season ahead and not leave it to Del to be the one and only face of Bristol City FC and to give him some visable support in the media circles. Where our you Keith Dawe ? I would be interested what others think.

To be honest, until I got to your second last sentence I couldn't tell you who our chairman is. Having said that, I'm not entirely sure who our CEO is now.

But then I'm only a ST holder so no reason why there should be any connection between me (the customer) and these commercial people.... :grr:

Good question from the OP. Seem to remember him being high profile during the promotion and first champ season, speeches on the pitch etc. Now is when we need to see some statement of intent. This is not a reaction to last night. Any city fan knows that we've needed a dominant centre back for a couple of seasons now. The team that played last night was basically the same players that were not good enough last feb and needed loans to get us out of the mire. Come on Steve, let us know where we are heading.

Good question from the OP. Seem to remember him being high profile during the promotion and first champ season, speeches on the pitch etc. Now is when we need to see some statement of intent. This is not a reaction to last night. Any city fan knows that we've needed a dominant centre back for a couple of seasons now. The team that played last night was basically the same players that were not good enough last feb and needed loans to get us out of the mire. Come on Steve, let us know where we are heading.

Steve is not our chairman.

Steve isn't our chairman

Our CEO is Jon lansdown

Steve isn't our chairman

Our CEO is Jon lansdown

Think Guy Price is CEO and Jon L is MD

Agree it'd be nice for one of the board to occasionally publicly show some leadership on behalf of the club as SL used to but everyone's different and maybe they don't go for the public facing duties and stick to what they see as their job i.e. to run the football club.

Think Guy Price is CEO and Jon L is MD

Agree it'd be nice for one of the board to occasionally publicly show some leadership on behalf of the club as SL used to but everyone's different and maybe they don't go for the public facing duties and stick to what they see as their job i.e. to run the football club.

Which in the cold light of day appears that they aren't doing well at. Off the field it's 1 pr disaster after another

The most worrying thing is that we show no ambition at all. We had a good go at it in 2007-8, But from there on its been downhill or at the very best mediocre. We've put up with 5 years of rubbish basically, only JUST being good enough to be average. Personally, I'm fed up with the whole charade of City just existing to TRY REALLY HARD amongst comparible (motivated) teams.

Even a workaday Gillingham made us look like chumps on our own tump. I'm dreading Saturday to be honest, Florist will turn up in front of their home crowd and give us a gubbing, we'll all moan and groan until Tuesday when We'll give Palarse a game and maybe sneak a point, and then pray for a signing or two before the deadline. Same as last season, the season before, and the season before that.

As for Lansdown junior, well, far be it from me to cast aspersions but nepotism has never been a great force for good in football. We're not big enough to be a profitable business until we are ambitious enough to achieve our potential, and I can't personally see when that will ever happen.

The most worrying thing is that we show no ambition at all. We had a good go at it in 2007-8, But from there on its been downhill or at the very best mediocre. We've put up with 5 years of rubbish basically, only JUST being good enough to be average. Personally, I'm fed up with the whole charade of City just existing...

I absolutely agree - there is no ambition translating from club to fans.

• Admin

I wonder whether we were just spoilt having SL in charge, he was always a friendly face and always had time to chat to supporters. He was a very public figure that everyone could relate to.

CS never came across as being as approchable and cant say I ever saw him with away fans like SL would do, then now to be honest I'm not even sure I would recognise any of the guys at the helm of our club.

Is this the way forward ? I think not, at the end of the day we are the heart of the club, without us there is no club, and we will no doubt be around the club a lot longer than anyone in a paid role at the club. Dave Lloyd is the only voice that comes out of the club nowadays.

I wonder whether we were just spoilt having SL in charge, he was always a friendly face and always had time to chat to supporters. He was a very public figure that everyone could relate to.

CS never came across as being as approchable and cant say I ever saw him with away fans like SL would do, then now to be honest I'm not even sure I would recognise any of the guys at the helm of our club.

Is this the way forward ? I think not, at the end of the day we are the heart of the club, without us there is no club, and we will no doubt be around the club a lot longer than anyone in a paid role at the club. Dave Lloyd is the only voice that comes out of the club nowadays.

The faceless guys in suits, who use Dave L as thier spokesman.

Now I don't really mind these quiet guys in the background, but, as they have the welfare of our club in their hands. it wouldn't really hurt form a bit more communication from them to the fans. When things are going good or bad, the silence is deafening. It would be gould if just one board member could be a figurehead/spokesperson, just to let us know they exist, and their plans for the club.

As it is we have just had people appear in positions at Bristol City over the last 2 or 3 years, but it wasacceptable as SL and CS were at the helm, now we have now we have the faceless few, that we know very little about. Is steve steering them? are they making decisions on theri own, are the consulting steve only when it comes to investing money?

Communication from the club has become worse and worse as redundancies have struck, and it seems your only real port of call is now Dave L. it seems emails to other parts of the club or phone calls seem to go unanswered.

Not great considering they are expecting us to spend our time and money on the club, with out giving us a hint of the direction they are hoping to take the club.

Come on City, a bit more human contact. Less robotics

As soon as you people buy into 'Brand BCFC' the better, that is what Guy Price and Kev Smith are trying to achieve. Moving away from a Football Club that interacts with fans and makes you feel part of it (as in the GJ and SL era) to a corporate 'brand'.

If you look at any thing that Price has written or spoken about it is the key word he uses 'Brand', all these corporate activities, bringing money into the club yes but also moving towards 'Brand BCFC'.

They are trying to make us like the big premier league club 'Brands', but this isnt being backed up by performances on or off the pitch so it breeds the negitive posts we have seen recently.

I dont like it but then I dont like modern day football as it is moving away from football clubs being for the fans to being corporate machines.

As soon as you people buy into 'Brand BCFC' the better, that is what Guy Price and Kev Smith are trying to achieve. Moving away from a Football Club that interacts with fans and makes you feel part of it (as in the GJ and SL era) to a corporate 'brand'.

If you look at any thing that Price has written or spoken about it is the key word he uses 'Brand', all these corporate activities, bringing money into the club yes but also moving towards 'Brand BCFC'.

They are trying to make us like the big premier league club 'Brands', but this isnt being backed up by performances on or off the pitch so it breeds the negitive posts we have seen recently.

I dont like it but then I dont like modern day football as it is moving away from football clubs being for the fans to being corporate machines.

SL is still around. Do you think they do all this without his consent? SL is a succesful buisness man and he is trying to run BCFC as a business. It's makes sense in the long run. We as fans may not like it but it seem the club owners / chairmen have decided thats how it's going to be.

Very true.

I guess this will appeal more to younger supporters, who have been bought up on Brands, but for some older supporters, it is not so attractive, it is eroding what football once meant.

I think that is why I am often a grumpy old fart when it comes to my opinion to what is happening on and off the football pitch. It doesn't feel like my club anymore, just a shell of what it once was. I don't like it, people say progress, I say by a Ipod or Some Calvin Klein pants if you want a brand.

SL is still around. Do you think they do all this without his consent? SL is a succesful buisness man and he is trying to run BCFC as a business. It's makes sense in the long run. We as fans may not like it but it seem the club owners / chairmen have decided thats how it's going to be.

He is not running things on a day to day basis like he was, thats Price and Smith.

And the reason that teams like FC Utd of Manchester and Wimbledon exist is because fans didnt like it that owners and chairman decided 'thats how its going to be' so they went and set up there own teams.

In the USA all sports teams are brands and if the owner doesnt like that he brand is based in Baltimore he can move it, just like MK Dons. NFL games in London, how would you liek it if City's home game with Cardiff was moved to New York, already being talked about by the premier league and thats where we want City to be?

He is not running things on a day to day basis like he was, thats Price and Smith.

And the reason that teams like FC Utd of Manchester and Wimbledon exist is because fans didnt like it that owners and chairman decided 'thats how its going to be' so they went and set up there own teams.

In the USA all sports teams are brands and if the owner doesnt like that he brand is based in Baltimore he can move it, just like MK Dons. NFL games in London, how would you liek it if City's home game with Cardiff was moved to New York, already being talked about by the premier league and thats where we want City to be?

Do you not think SL has the final say on all decisions then ? Or do you think the board do as they please because they think Steve's not looking !

Our situation is also a million miles from that at Man U. We dont have foreign investors looking to put the club in debt , we have a local businessman trying to get us out of debt , no comparison.

Archived