IGNORED

Rvp To United

herman

i know, i know, "its not city"...but could the most boring transfer saga of the summer finally be over?

24m deal agreed, waiting on personal terms

rumour has it, after RVPs agent collects his fee, arsenal will receive around £7.50

Just on the agent point, why is it that the clubs pay out for the agents fees, surely they are employed by the players and therefore the consultancy fees should be their responsibility?

It's not Piers Morgan's day. First he was proved wrong about KP and now RVP has jumped ship.

If things come in three I'm hoping a warrant for his arrest is put out by Scotland Yard.

Ferguson's mental paying that sort of money for him when he's available on a free next summer and so injury prone. What happened to Berbatov being the last big money player in their late twenties he'd sign?

Could backfire, but only if he gets injured, or he could stay fit and destroy the competition for the next few years.

I tell you what though, Rooney, RVP up front with little pea darting about everywhere around them...could be very tasty indeed.

Also the qdos, Man City are pissed as he picked Utd, Arsenal fans with be butthurt for many many months, not to mention missing a very important player to a rival so close to the new season, Arsenal would have probably matched what Utd are paying him but is was not enough, and that'll hurt Wenger.

There are winners everywhere!

Still wont be enough to win the league back if they dont address central midfield

they already had a boat load of forward options

Would not be surprised to see Rooney play a more central role this season, he can't help himself playing that position so why not see how he operates there, would need permanent cover, and like you say, with a lot of forward options and lack of central players he may have to!

Could backfire, but only if he gets injured, or he could stay fit and destroy the competition for the next few years.

I tell you what though, Rooney, RVP up front with little pea darting about everywhere around them...could be very tasty indeed.

Also the qdos, Man City are pissed as he picked Utd, Arsenal fans with be butthurt for many many months, not to mention missing a very important player to a rival so close to the new season, Arsenal would have probably matched what Utd are paying him but is was not enough, and that'll hurt Wenger.

There are winners everywhere!

Man City don't need him, they have four better strikers. Arsene will be happy he got a decent price and probably find another three or four youngsters to sell on in five years time for that money.

Man U just bought an expensive toy for the physio team to practise on while they concentrate on plugging the gaping hole in midfield and stumbling into third.

Man City don't need him, they have four better strikers. Arsene will be happy he got a decent price and probably find another three or four youngsters to sell on in five years time for that money.

Man U just bought an expensive toy for the physio team to practise on while they concentrate on plugging the gaping hole in midfield and stumbling into third.

the same Man United who finished 2nd on goal difference?

If you can name 4 better strikers that Man City have AND have someone on this forum agree with you then I'll concede this argument.

Bollocks.

I can not believe you have just stated Edin Ddzeko is a better striker than RVP.

I can not believe you have just stated Edin Ddzeko is a better striker than RVP.

Well perhaps a little exaggerated but the other three definitely are. Dzeko's more of a centre forward than a striker but I think all he's lacking is time on the pitch. His strike rate's excellent for a line leader. IMO RVP is overrated, he's had one and a half good seasons in eight at Arsenal.

the same Man United who finished 2nd on goal difference?

How many games do you think Vidic and Ferdinand have in them before they join RVP for a long stint in the treatment room? Can Scholes and Giggs carry the rest of them while drawing a pension?

I don't think Man U have bought well, I think Chelsea have. Their midfield will be immense, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them sign a top striker as well. Man City don't need anybody, they'll improve even more just by having that team stay together.

We'll see.

Well perhaps a little exaggerated but the other three definitely are. Dzeko's more of a centre forward than a striker but I think all he's lacking is time on the pitch. His strike rate's excellent for a line leader. IMO RVP is overrated, he's had one and a half good seasons in eight at Arsenal.

Balotelli isn't better. Tevez isn't better. Aguero is on par.

I think utd have brought very well. Kagawa or whatever his name is looks a great player and RVP is a great striker. Overrated? He scored 30 in 38 league matches last season.

Aguero is better, tevez is equal but tat is it when talking of strikers.

Vidic has had 1 big injury i believe so I dont think theyll worry about him and didnt it ome out tat ferdinand played the majority of utd games last season? Although i do agree that he'll prob miss alot this season.

Chelsea have brought 2 very good players but both are a bit of a risk imoas coming from much poorer leagues, although I think they'll both do well.

I do agree its good business by arsenal as the have covered the cost of the 2 decent strikers they had already brought.

I still think city will win it again.

EDIT sorry for bad English but this bloody ipad is a pain in the bum!

I think utd have brought very well. Kagawa or whatever his name is looks a great player and RVP is a great striker. Overrated? He scored 30 in 38 league matches last season.

Aguero is better, tevez is equal but tat is it when talking of strikers.

Vidic has had 1 big injury i believe so I dont think theyll worry about him and didnt it ome out tat ferdinand played the majority of utd games last season? Although i do agree that he'll prob miss alot this season.

Chelsea have brought 2 very good players but both are a bit of a risk imoas coming from much poorer leagues, although I think they'll both do well.

I do agree its good business by arsenal as the have covered the cost of the 2 decent strikers they had already brought.

I still think city will win it again.

From what I saw of Kagawa (one pre-season game in Cape Town) he looks like a good purchase. A fit Van Persie is a very good option for them. A crocked Van Persie less so (and in that latter scenario, would make it great business for Arsenal). I would expect to see Rio playing less games, and assuming all fit, Smalling and Vidic to be the starting CBs.

Not so sure Man City will win it again: based on the fact that they needed the worst United side in living memory to do a Devon Loch in the run-in to even give them a chance going into the final game. And even then, they almost out-Cityed themselves v QPR before winning it on goal difference. But, as the last few minutes of last season showed, anything can happen.

Archived