IGNORED

Pardew - Thugball Is Back

redeye

indeed but we don;t know what was said behind closed doors he could of had a joke with the 4th offical for all we know, before you castrate him wait for the ref's report into the incident

You don't need a refs report, he shoved the assistant, got red carded for it, that tells you everything you need to know, its not like a miss times challenge, that can be recinded. He should be treated in similar fashion to a player.

Do you think a player will have got away with it from laughing and joking about it behind closed doors? Not a chance, so nor should he. The FA should come down just as hard, otherwise all you are seeing is double standards.

The club should be fining him as well for bringing the game and their name into disrepute.

You don't need a refs report, he shoved the assistant, got red carded for it, that tells you everything you need to know, its not like a miss times challenge, that can be recinded. He should be treated in similar fashion to a player.

Do you think a player will have got away with it from laughing and joking about it behind closed doors? Not a chance, so nor should he. The FA should come down just as hard, otherwise all you are seeing is double standards.

The club should be fining him as well for bringing the game and their name into disrepute.

he hasn't got away with it or have the FA already e-mailed you and told you his punishment before relieseing the information to the rest of the world?

If a manager or player shoved an official playing part time parks footy looking at a very long ban. Because its a premier league manager it can be laughed off, why one rule for one and not the other. If league want to give respect to themselves and officials then ban him like a parks player.

Won't though for unlike parks footy if you swear at ref it's ok, abuse officials it's ok, harass refs it's ok. One rule for top players and not others, about time fa started having some sort of stance on all of this.

Having had another look at this it seems to me that there was very little aggressive intent in this 'shove' and I would accept Pardew's embarrassed explanation that he was merely trying to get a better view of the ball. Not that that makes it acceptable but surely a fine and a warning as to future conduct is sufficient in this case.

What I would really like to see stamped out of the game is unsporting behaviour by players who feel it is ok to cheat to get fellow professionals carded or sent off. The kind of behaviour that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. For example, Rivaldo in 2002 pretending the ball had hit him in the face and rolling around by the corner flag. That for me should be a one year worldwide ban. Keita of the Ivory Coast pretending he'd been hit in the face causing Kaka to be sent off in the 2010 World Cup. Same punishment as above. Bilic exaggerating the contact causing Blanc to miss out on every player's dream of an appearance in a World Cup final, players calling for opponents to be carded etc. etc.

The authorities have video evidence but they choose to do nothing.

Having had another look at this it seems to me that there was very little aggressive intent in this 'shove' and I would accept Pardew's embarrassed explanation that he was merely trying to get a better view of the ball. Not that that makes it acceptable but surely a fine and a warning as to future conduct is sufficient in this case.

What I would really like to see stamped out of the game is unsporting behaviour by players who feel it is ok to cheat to get fellow professionals carded or sent off. The kind of behaviour that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. For example, Rivaldo in 2002 pretending the ball had hit him in the face and rolling around by the corner flag. That for me should be a one year worldwide ban. Keita of the Ivory Coast pretending he'd been hit in the face causing Kaka to be sent off in the 2010 World Cup. Same punishment as above. Bilic exaggerating the contact causing Blanc to miss out on every player's dream of an appearance in a World Cup final, players calling for opponents to be carded etc. etc.

The authorities have video evidence but they choose to do nothing.

Good points - and it makes sense if video technology will be used for goal-line (goal or not a goal) verification, then I see no problem with extending this to the players behaviour throughout the game.

After all, us fans are watched before, during and after the game on CCTV, and if we committed / displayed any untoward behaviour, the authorities would have no hesitation in throwing the book at us.

Pardew's behaviour would not be accepted in the work-place outside of football; time to stop the 'one rule for them and one rule for us' discrepancy.

Good points - and it makes sense if video technology will be used for goal-line (goal or not a goal) verification, then I see no problem with extending this to the players behaviour throughout the game.

After all, us fans are watched before, during and after the game on CCTV, and if we committed / displayed any untoward behaviour, the authorities would have no hesitation in throwing the book at us.

Pardew's behaviour would not be accepted in the work-place outside of football; time to stop the 'one rule for them and one rule for us' discrepancy.

Will you be answering the two posts regarding the so called Olympic spirit? Or is facing damning evidence to the contrary of your posts too much for you?

Silly troll.

It's not acceptable in football either - which is why he'll be punished by the FA. But to call a minor bad-tempered shove thuggish is OTT in my opinion.

Will you be answering the two posts regarding the so called Olympic spirit? Or is facing damning evidence to the contrary of your posts too much for you?

Silly troll.

Will you ever learn tansley? How old are you? You got banned for abusing the poster before, you can't help yourself can you?

Still adding up all those post and cross bar hits as goals?

Rugby Union is a 'constant' sport. Rugby League is a ' constant' sport. You simply do not have this behavior there. The main reasons I think are;

Money has polluted football beyond belief. A referee's decision can sometimes end up costing millions and any manager who loses three on the bounce is in fear of the chairman's phone call because failure isn't tolerated because it costs too much money. This in turn is down, almost entirely to the fact that ridiculous sums are paid to the practitioners, footballers all overpaid, cosseted, spoilt and (sometimes) thick and ignorant ( see the Bolaise thread for more info).

I Blame the Bosman ruling

I Blame Sky TV

I blame agents and

I Blame fans who think the fact that a manager in the peak division can behave this way and that it is, in some way funny, it is not.

It was the same when GJ tripped Michael Chopra. Many of our fans thought it was funny, I thought it was embarrassing that our leader would act in such a petulant manner.

Football may well be beyond saving, as long as these pressures exist managers will always transgress and as long as enough fans think it is amusing, there will be no incentive to change.

Pardew should 'hang his head in shame' but he won't because:

a) He doesn't mean it, they all live in a bubble where respect is only a word

b) he will be a hero to his own fans for showing "passion" and "showing that he cares" and

c) It seems that many football fans in general believe this type of behavior is amusing and so tolerate it.

Oh, also, the FA are a bunch of toothless ***** who are also indebted to the money monster. There's no incentive or them to do anything. Football has made its own Faustian pact and this is the consequence.

Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleness, whereas football is a gentlemen's game, played by thugs.

The depressing thing is that it was not ever thus.

So Rugby has never had its share of eye-gouging, on-field fights and players faking injury to make tactical substituions? Dont let facts stand in the way of a good "Rugby Players are nicer than Footballers" argument

We have all done something we regret in the heat of the moment. He was man enough to apologise to the linesman and shown remorse, perhaps a fine to make an example would be an idea.

Unfortunately as mentioned, the stakes are so much higher in football than any other sport now. One mistake by an official shouldn't be blamed for a manager losing his job, however its importance and effect shouldn't be under-estimated.

Will you ever learn tansley? How old are you? You got banned for abusing the poster before, you can't help yourself can you?

Still adding up all those post and cross bar hits as goals?

Abuse? Oh dear fella. A troll in that context is someone who posts looking for a reaction... A wum if you will.

Also, get your facts right regarding that discussion, you make yourself look dafter than usual... I never once said anything of the sort. Merely pointed out that there was a fine line between success and failure.

Is that ok for you, pudding?

Abuse? Oh dear fella. A troll in that context is someone who posts looking for a reaction... A wum if you will.

Also, get your facts right regarding that discussion, you make yourself look dafter than usual... I never once said anything of the sort. Merely pointed out that there was a fine line between success and failure.

Is that ok for you, pudding?

No worries my petal.

Archived