IGNORED

Pardew - Thugball Is Back

redeye

THUGBALL????

I think u should chill out pal, he pushed him on the back becus he thought the ball had crossed the line, the way ur rabbiting on an,y one would think he stabbed him!

Bullying..... hardly!!

Just another person jumping on the band wagon of football hateing it seems........ "o the olympics are sooo great better then football"... "u dont get that sort of thing in rugby like u do in football, bunch of thugs".....

FOOTBALL....... best sport in the world...... LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

THUGBALL????

I think u should chill out pal, he pushed him on the back becus he thought the ball had crossed the line, the way ur rabbiting on an,y one would

think he stabbed him!

Bullying..... hardly!!

Just another person jumping on the band wagon

of football hateing it seems........ "o the olympics

are sooo great better then football"... "u dont

get that sort of thing in rugby like u do in

football, bunch of thugs".....

FOOTBALL....... best sport in the world......

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

No bandwagon jumping - only a desire to see football clean up.

I LOVE FOOTBALL TOO!!!!!

What I don't love is adults using football as a convenient excuse to bully, intimidate and abuse.

Condoning any aggressive behaviour is the thin end of the wedge.

It's no coincidence that domestic violence increases during football tournaments.

How much of this starts with "barely aggressive behaviour"???

Case in point.

Another person who believes agression and bullying is acceptable.

Do you not question the inadequacies that exist by condoning such behaviour???

are you referencing my post?

if 'yes' - you've missed the point of some light hearted humour by a country mile, and seem to have a common sense bypass going on.

did I say ANYWHERE that it was acceptable? I merely put a light hearted slant on it with reference to something Pardew himself said previously. (like yer man said, irony, bronzey, etc)

having seen the push, it will be punished I'm sure, but you have taken this sooooo far off into a daft place that the 'inadequacy' you mention seem to rest full square with your (in) ability to place the whole situation in a reasonable context.

whilst it's a good thing to see someone of your age (and I admit I'm making a presumption about your age being lower than 20) taking a stance against agression, but i fear you have sucessfully devalued your own arguments in your clumsy 'high horse' standpoint.

(and I speak as a frequent rider of the higher horses)

if you weren't, then I'll push off...... ;) (couldn't resist)

Its easy really - isn't it... if you want to eradicate things from the game you must set an example.

I am involved professionally in many junior

sports yet despite some ridiculous decisions, I

have never nor will I ever react in that way. How

can you ask children not to react like a

professional player if you react like a

professional manager!!

Well said!!! Young fans are impressionable - and they can only respond to the template they are given.

If that template is one of anger, aggression and bullyin, then we perpetuate the problem.

THUGBALL????

I think u should chill out pal, he pushed him on the back becus he thought the ball had crossed the line, the way ur rabbiting on an,y one would think he stabbed him!

Bullying..... hardly!!

Just another person jumping on the band wagon of football hateing it seems........ "o the olympics are sooo great better then football"... "u dont get that sort of thing in rugby like u do in football, bunch of thugs".....

FOOTBALL....... best sport in the world...... LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

Ah, so that makes it OK then.

are you referencing my post?

if 'yes' - you've missed the point of some light hearted humour by a country mile, and seem to

have a common sense bypass going on.

did I say ANYWHERE that it was acceptable? I

merely put a light hearted slant on it with

reference to something Pardew himself said

previously. (like yer man said, irony, bronzey,

etc)

having seen the push, it will be punished I'm

sure, but you have taken this sooooo far off into

a daft place that the 'inadequacy' you mention

seem to rest full square with your (in) ability to

place the whole situation in a reasonable

context.

whilst it's a good thing to see someone of your

age (and I admit I'm making a presumption

about your age being lower than 20) taking a

stance against agression, but i fear you have

sucessfully devalued your own arguments in

your clumsy 'high horse' standpoint.

(and I speak as a frequent rider of the higher

horses)

if you weren't, then I'll push off...... ;) (couldn't

resist)

There is no "reasonable context" in Pardew's behaviour.

So you are stating that you have used the 'heat of the moment' excuse to abuse and bully someone???

Do you condone this and find it acceptable behaviour???

For the last time he was not bullying him, bullying would suggest abuse over a period of time, it was a one-off incident that he has since apologised for. The fact that he has apologised confirms in its not condonable nor is it acceptable. As you are clearly "holier than thou" I assume you have never made a mistake in your life??

Do you think this is normal??

What colour socks are you wearing??

What is you daily intake of carrot juice??

Can I fit any more patronising questions into a single response????

Yeah, cos the Olympians were perfect, weren't they?

Well, apart from the cheating Chinese badminton players.

Oh, and the Bulgarian(?) shot putter.

And the fencer who had a stroppy sit down protest cos she lost.

Then there was the Ukranian boxing referee expelled for an 'interesting' adjudication.

And of course the British cyclist who fell off his bike intentionally.

Plus the countless other drug cheats we will never know about.

But of course, compared to that Alan's little shove was appalling...

Ah, so that makes it OK then.

No he shouldnt of done it, and he was punished by being sent to the stand abd he apologised i face to face with the lino.... i just dont think he should hailed as a bully and football being bad mouthed just cus we held the olympics here!!! (and before u say it.... i thought the olympics were aweome and watched most of it)

Then there was the Ukranian boxing referee expelled for an 'interesting' adjudication.

You sir are a.......... legend!!! alltho come on pardew should be tied up and whipped in newcastle town centre... shouldnt he???

There is no "reasonable context" in Pardew's behaviour.

i disagree - there is always context. without that any system of punishment would be set to maximum for everything and everyone. That is cleraly not realistic

a comparison was made to di Canio, who, two handed, and in a confrontation, pushed an official over to the ground - this was clearly not that situation.

For clarity, I DO NOT CONDONE HIS ACTIONS, but you are avoiding the actual detail here, and yes, context, by stomping up and down in an outraged fashion you have created an unbalanced viewpoint that doesn't reflect the situation as it occurred, ( & which can be seen by anyone on youtube BTW)

do you advocate a catch all punishment for ANY contact with officials - if so, how and where do you set it? and then applying that logic what happens when a player places a hand on a ref's arm during a conversation in a game (through normal body language) and is then punished according to your directive?

you've made your point, now explain what happens next

Here we go.... After the awe inspiring, respectful, courteous, well-mannered, demeanour and behaviour of the Olympic athletes, how does football respond?

With a Premier League Manager pushing and bullying an official.

Pardew responds with "I hang my head in shame".

Typical thugball response...

Mr Pardew - why don't you control your temper and anger - instead of abusing the 'role model' position you hold....

Football really does need to clean up.

So much hate and anger.

What kind of society do we live in when people

hate other people for supporting another football team???

I guess you missed this then !

http://www.examiner.com/article/olympic-2012-australian-athlete-makes-news-after-damaging-store

No he shouldnt of done it, and he was punished by being sent to the stand abd he apologised i face to face with the lino.... i just dont think he should hailed as a bully and football being bad mouthed just cus we held the olympics here!!! (and before u say it.... i thought the olympics were aweome and watched most of it)

Fair enough but I can't recall a manager physically pushing a lino, Olympic year or not. I don't think it's something he can laugh off and hope he gets a touchline ban and accepts his punishment with good grace.

No bandwagon jumping - only a desire to see football clean up.

I LOVE FOOTBALL TOO!!!!!

What I don't love is adults using football as a convenient excuse to bully, intimidate and abuse.

Condoning any aggressive behaviour is the thin end of the wedge.

It's no coincidence that domestic violence increases during football tournaments.

How much of this starts with "barely aggressive behaviour"???

OMG!!!! ur actually trying to blame football on a man hitting his wife or indeed a wife hitting her man....???? honestly????

and ur not band jumping??? REALLY...!!

Well im blameing domestic abuse on the olympics then becus tom daley didnt win a gold!! o no wait a minute thats absolutely riduculus!!!

Oh and another thing, comparing olympics to footballl....

Well lets be honest the only Sport in the world that gets compared to the olympics is football now doesn't that tell you a lot about one sport? If you had to compare Rugby or Cricket to the olympics most people would laugh, but around the world between the world cup and the olympics I think it would be pretty close in a poll!

Second of all, I hate how people constantly moan at footballers for all this "money grabbing", look if you understood that at most premier league football clubs there are very rich owners and chairman which will pay over the odds to become the best so will pay ridiculous money to the players they want to attract them to their club! If they want to pay a player a certain amount of money then of course they would pay it!

Another thing, moaning at players who hand in requests for having a pay cut is another annoying theme, cos if you took about a £5,000 pay cut a week then I think you would have some sympathy with some of the footballers, as I doubt they would be able to afford a lot of things up to what they were used to be being payed!

On top of that, footballers also have sponsorship deals which come at a pretty big price which also puts extra cash in their pocket. Oh and another thing, fancy being a football player and not to have a private life, for example John Terry cheating on Wayne Bridge's girlfriend, as much as that was wrong- who really cares?

You are cock on there matey.

As for rugby with its 'blood capsule' incident and throwing of punches here and there...

You are cock on there matey.

As for rugby with its 'blood capsule' incident and throwing of punches here and there...

Also the water polo with its horriffic cheating and the beach volleyball where the umpires received dogs abuse!! I laughed when Rubgy was brought into this.. You just have to look at the England Rugby team during the last World cup. The constant eye gauging. Then the Bloodgate scandal involving Quins as just mentioned but above all what would seem more acceptable 'in the street' a slight push in the back on somebody ala Pardew or a 'Manu Tuilagi on Ashton' style punch?

Daft comparisons all of them IMO.

OMG!!!! ur actually trying to blame football on a man hitting his wife or indeed a wife hitting her man....???? honestly????

and ur not band jumping??? REALLY...!!

Well im blameing domestic abuse on the olympics then becus tom daley didnt win a gold!! o no wait a minute thats absolutely riduculus!!!

Read the official figures - domestic abuse from men against women (and in fewer cases, women against men) increases dramatically during World and European football tournaments. Figures state that vastly increased alcohol consumption is the main cause for the proliferation of domestic violence.

Police Forces around the country implement designated forces to deal with the increase in domestic violence, before, during, and after tournaments.

Pardew was in the wrong he sid soory as soon as possible and will be banned and fined by the FA end of story for me,

this thread is mountain out of a molehill stuff typical knee jerk reaction of city fans

The only issue I had, he turned up on motd, laughing about it. To me not very sincere.

A ban and a fine all well and good, but it is not really the same as banning a player. All that will happen now is he will sit up in the stand, on a telephone to his assistant.

At the very least he should be banned from stadiums on match day for the duration of the ban. Then the ban may actually mean something.

The only issue I had, he turned up on motd, laughing about it. To me not very sincere.

A ban and a fine all well and good, but it is not really the same as banning a player. All that will happen now is he will sit up in the stand, on a telephone to his assistant.

At the very least he should be banned from stadiums on match day for the duration of the ban. Then the ban may actually mean something.

indeed but we don;t know what was said behind closed doors he could of had a joke with the 4th offical for all we know, before you castrate him wait for the ref's report into the incident

Archived