IGNORED

Pardew - Thugball Is Back

redeye

Here we go.... After the awe inspiring, respectful, courteous, well-mannered, demeanour and behaviour of the Olympic athletes, how does football respond?

With a Premier League Manager pushing and bullying an official.

Pardew responds with "I hang my head in shame".

Typical thugball response...

Mr Pardew - why don't you control your temper and anger - instead of abusing the 'role model' position you hold....

Football really does need to clean up.

So much hate and anger.

What kind of society do we live in when people

hate other people for supporting another football team???

Sorry but the whole Olympics comparison is well out of context. Football is a constant sport, it's not a once every four years thing and therefore football is a massive business, people lose jobs over bad decisions unlike an Olympian who gets out whatever they put in.

An Olympian very rarely has to worry about decisions being made that are out of their control, 99% of the time whatever they do directly contributes to their level of success, however in football one bad call by a referee or linesman can ruin the hard work of an entire club.

For those complaining about a manager getting frustrated I don't think this is the sport for you, football is too much about business these days to be a game where everyone walks away happy.

No not really. I find it humerous. The FA will no doubt give him a fine, and pay lip service to "respect" but untill only captains can talk to the ref this sort of thing will go on and on.

It's not even unique to the UK, if it was then

there might be a cause for concern

Humourous???

It's disgusting behaviour - which should be eliminated.

If a human being cannot control their anger and aggression, they should seriously be getting treatment, for what is under-lying issues.

Isn't Pardew meant to be operating in a professional capacity????

Sorry but the whole Olympics comparison is well out of context. Football is a constant sport, it's not a once every four years thing and therefore football is a massive business, people lose jobs over bad decisions unlike an Olympian who gets out whatever they put in.

An Olympian very rarely has to worry about decisions being made that are out of their control, 99% of the time whatever they do directly contributes to their level of success, however in football one bad call by a referee or linesman can ruin the hard work of an entire club.

For those complaining about a manager getting frustrated I don't think this is the sport for you, football is too much about business these days to be a game where everyone walks away happy.

Agree completely, this comparison is a irrelevant to those who compare the England team to our troops abroad on criteria such as bravery.

It's not to the victim.

So you're advocating, violence, aggression and bullying???

Violence, aggression and bullying??? Please, give me a break. You're making it out like he bottled him or something.

He nudged him and then rightly got sent to the stands. He then apologised and basically said he was an idiot. Fair play. End of.

Stop making it out to be something it wasn't

These are the reasons I see:

Football is us against them, the olympics was a patriotic event with everyone pulling in the same direction.

Footballers usually come from poorer backgrounds whereas most Olympians seem to come from rich backgrounds.

How to change it:

Get rid of professional club and only have a national team.

we need to put more barriers in the way to stop poor people from being able to play, started with pricing out poorer fans from being able to watch and now moving to technology. So this process is well on its way.

These are the reasons I see:

Football is us against them, the olympics was a patriotic event with everyone pulling in the same direction.

Footballers usually come from poorer backgrounds whereas most Olympians seem to come from rich backgrounds.

How to change it:

Get rid of professional club and only have a national team.

we need to put more barriers in the way to stop poor people from being able to play, started with pricing out poorer fans from being able to watch and now moving to technology. So this process is well on its way.

This is a joke right

What kind of ban and fine will he get? Same sort of thing that Di canio did.

But the smug bastard just came on with a grin and laughed and joked about it and said he had apologised, and it was the wrong thing to do.

Seems it is all fun and games if a manager does it. It is a abhorrent if a player does it.

It was barely aggression and certainly not violence or bullying!! Another chance to slag off footballers taken gleefully by yourself perhaps if

they disgust you so much you shouldn't follow

the sport?

Barely aggression?

Would you like to be treated that way if you were that Lines-person????

So your belief is that a little bit of agression and

abuse is acceptable???

What state of mind do you have to turn this into a percentages excuse???

Why do some football fans believe they have the right to vent their inadequacies on others???

Barely aggression?

abuse is acceptable???

What state of mind do you have to turn this into a percentages excuse???

Why do some football fans believe they have the right to vent their inadequacies on others???

In his post match interview, didn't Pardew say he had apologised to the linesman after the game?

What kind of ban and fine will he get? Same sort of thing that Di canio did.

But the smug bastard just came on with a grin and laughed and joked about it and said he had

apologised, and it was the wrong thing to do.

Seems it is all fun and games if a manager

does it. It is a abhorrent if a player does it.

Salient point. The likes of Fergie, Wenger and many others get away with being extremely unprofessional - then have the temerity to berate officials (and some of their players).

Eradicating it full stop is the only way to clean up the game.

Barely aggression?

abuse is acceptable??? Heat of the moment, he apologised afterwards and was extremely humble / sheepish about it. We all make mistakes, Pardew was man enough to own up to his.

What state of mind do you have to turn this into a percentages excuse??? Don't understand the question

Why do some football fans believe they have the right to vent their inadequacies on others??? Again, I ha e no idea what you are trying to say??

In local football you would be banned "sine die" ****il further notice) if you push an official.

Its not the push that is so bad but the aggression in his face that suggested that he

most certainly meant it.

Fair play he apologised but that doesn't make it

right

Another salient point.

Makes me proud there are City fans that see the bigger picture...

Proud of Del and our players too for taking Pen and Red Card decisions on the professional chin.

If only others would leave their excuses for anger, aggression and abuse back in the 70s and 80s

Another salient point.

Makes me proud there are City fans that see the bigger picture...

Proud of Del and our players too for taking Pen and Red Card decisions on the professional chin.

If only others would leave their excuses for anger, aggression and abuse back in the 70s and 80s

Its easy really - isn't it... if you want to eradicate things from the game you must set an example.

I am involved professionally in many junior sports yet despite some ridiculous decisions, I have never nor will I ever react in that way. How can you ask children not to react like a professional player if you react like a professional manager!!

Rugby Union is a 'constant' sport. Rugby League is a ' constant' sport. You simply do not have this behavior there. The main reasons I think are;

Money has polluted football beyond belief. A referee's decision can sometimes end up costing millions and any manager who loses three on the bounce is in fear of the chairman's phone call because failure isn't tolerated because it costs too much money. This in turn is down, almost entirely to the fact that ridiculous sums are paid to the practitioners, footballers all overpaid, cosseted, spoilt and (sometimes) thick and ignorant ( see the Bolaise thread for more info).

I Blame the Bosman ruling

I Blame Sky TV

I blame agents and

I Blame fans who think the fact that a manager in the peak division can behave this way and that it is, in some way funny, it is not.

It was the same when GJ tripped Michael Chopra. Many of our fans thought it was funny, I thought it was embarrassing that our leader would act in such a petulant manner.

Football may well be beyond saving, as long as these pressures exist managers will always transgress and as long as enough fans think it is amusing, there will be no incentive to change.

Pardew should 'hang his head in shame' but he won't because:

a) He doesn't mean it, they all live in a bubble where respect is only a word

b) he will be a hero to his own fans for showing "passion" and "showing that he cares" and

c) It seems that many football fans in general believe this type of behavior is amusing and so tolerate it.

Oh, also, the FA are a bunch of toothless ***** who are also indebted to the money monster. There's no incentive or them to do anything. Football has made its own Faustian pact and this is the consequence.

Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleness, whereas football is a gentlemen's game, played by thugs.

The depressing thing is that it was not ever thus.

Violence, aggression and bullying??? Please, give me a break. You're making it out like he bottled him or something.

He nudged him and then rightly got sent to the stands. He then apologised and basically said he was an idiot. Fair play. End of.

Stop making it out to be something it wasn't

What he said.

Rugby Union is a 'constant' sport. Rugby League is a ' constant' sport. You simply do not have this behavior there. The main reasons I think are;

Money has polluted football beyond belief. A referee's decision can sometimes end up costing millions and any manager who loses three on the bounce is in fear of the chairman's phone call because failure isn't tolerated because it costs too much money. This in turn is down, almost entirely to the fact that ridiculous sums are paid to the practitioners, footballers all overpaid, cosseted, spoilt and (sometimes) thick and ignorant ( see the Bolaise thread for more info).

I Blame the Bosman ruling

I Blame Sky TV

I blame agents and

I Blame fans who think the fact that a manager in the peak division can behave this way and that it is, in some way funny, it is not.

It was the same when GJ tripped Michael Chopra. Many of our fans thought it was funny, I thought it was embarrassing that our leader would act in such a petulant manner.

Football may well be beyond saving, as long as these pressures exist managers will always transgress and as long as enough fans think it is amusing, there will be no incentive to change.

Pardew should 'hang his head in shame' but he won't because:

a) He doesn't mean it, they all live in a bubble where respect is only a word

b) he will be a hero to his own fans for showing "passion" and "showing that he cares" and

c) It seems that many football fans in general believe this type of behavior is amusing and so tolerate it.

Oh, also, the FA are a bunch of toothless ***** who are also indebted to the money monster. There's no incentive or them to do anything. Football has made its own Faustian pact and this is the consequence.

Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleness, whereas football is a gentlemen's game, played by thugs.

The depressing thing is that it was not ever thus.

Totally agree…

Football is ruled by money - and that definitely has to change. How? I don't know but it has to or it will implode

Archived