IGNORED

Team For Cardiff

Super

It depends whether we want to frustrate Cardiff's ball-players or exploit their lack of pace by feeding Baldock/Adomah/Cunningham with our own most potent passing pair of Skuse and Pearson. All this assuming we play a 4-4-2, it's certainly not beyond the realms of imagination that we could play with one up top and sit Elliott or Skuse deep to try and give us the best of both worlds.

-----------------------------Heaton------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------Carey--------------------Fonts------------------

-MWilson-----------------------------------------Cunningham

---------------------Skuse---------Morris/Pearson-----------

----Adomah---------------------------------------Woolford---

------------------------------------Taylor------------------------

-----------------------Baldock----------------------------------

Subs: Heaton; JWilson; Pearson/Morris/Elliot; Anderson; Davies; Stead

Would be my only changes. I have been a big advocate of playing Anderson in place of Wooly but after his performance (sadly I wasn't there :( ) I believe he warrants his place in the starting line up.

I think Baldock will come straight in; the one constant will always be that he's a lot quicker than any centre half he's up against and I feel that's especially true against Cardiff. The issue will be whether he wants a second striker to go up against Hudson & Turner (possibly Connoly?) physically, i.e. Taylor, or someone to play in a slightly withdrawn position, I.e. Davies. I personally wonder whether he might play Morris and Skuse in the middle, Morris sitting in front of the back 4 and Davies sitting in behind Baldock. Wilson in for Foster

I really can't remember us having such an embarrassment of riches to pick from in my time supporting City. It's £@#$ing brilliant!!!

I would normally agree with you, but I thought when Elliot came on he had a much bigger presence than Pearson and I don't think he or Skuse gave the ball away much at all. In-fact the only players I thought gave the ball away were Adomah and Pearson. Pearson when he wasn't paying attention to the ball which almost caused us to concede a goal and Adomah a couple of times when he ran into players.

We all post what we think we'll be the best team but personally, I'll be happy with whatever wins the game. If it means putting Woolford in CB, Carey up front and Baldock in goal and we win, so be it. (Please don't pick this team if you're reading by the way Del)

The Cardiff midfield will be 10 x better than what Palarse served up. Going on just what i've seen over the last 3 or 4 seasons Elliott for all his hard work and tenacity just can't keep the ball or find his man. If that happens against Cardiff we're doomed! For me he's been part of our midfield problem over the last couple of years. If we play one up front, and a 5 man midfield then i think you have a good argument to play him. I think the balance Pearson being a leftie brings to the side, should not be understated! We have to win the midfield battle against Crapdiff to get anything out of this game, they have a pretty tidy midfield who know how to pass the ball around a bit. It's important we're not left chasing shadows.

Archived